Nebraska Cornhuskers -- dakota7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dakota7, Nov 17, 2009.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Nebraska Cornhuskers -- dakota7

Playbooks

Offense -- Auburn
    Defense -- 4-3

2. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Playbooks

Offense -- Ball State
    Defense -- 4-3

Offensively he wants to run the ball, he favoured the double tightend ace back set against me.
    He has fantastic RBs who can really do some damage behind a mauling offensive line.

His QB doesn't have a great arm, he will sprint out and set up outside the pocket and try and exploit your coverage if you give him the chance. Although Washington his QB is super athletic he didn't utilize him as a runner as much as I thought he would.

Defensively you minds well just go 4 wide the entire game, his front 4 is the best i've ever seen in a video game. They mauled me up front the entire game, the DTs kill your inside game and the DEs get after you in both the run and pass game, They do a great job of setting the edge.

He usually controlled his Mike backer in the 43, and he would routinely come out in his base set against overmatched offensive sets and just zone it up.

Did not really blitz me much, but he didn't need to because his entire Dline was in my face for the majority of the game.

He plays smart football, and isn't afraid to exchange punts in order to shift field position. He did a great job covering punts against me.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Offense - appeared to want to run option with Washington at QB. He fell behind early and had to abandon that game plan. Regardless of QB, he likes to and will run with the QB a lot. On pass plays he tries to get the QB outside the pocket quite a bit and will run sprint outs to make his throws easier. If you pressure him on the pass he will run up the middle with the QB as well. Ran with the QB more than anyone I've played in a while and I didn't handle it great. He likes to throw short, and really favored slants vs zone and throws to the TE vs man, and he was really good at identifying what defense I was in and going to the right guy.

Defense - His defensive line is crazy good. The 4 man rush shut down the run and pressured my qb without needing to blitz. He controlled the MLB almost exclusively and I believe he played man about 50% of the time.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

playbooks:
    Offense - Mississippi State
    Defense - 43

- On defense, he was bringing the blitz a lot to try and slow down my run game. I was successful at pounding the ball, mixing up my power and speed back, and throwing slants across the middle.

- Plays with the MLB.

- Played a whole lot of man coverage to start out, I didn't pay too much attention as the game wore on..

- On offense, tried to run the QB on me, and didn't have much success.

- I had to bring blitzes from the edge, and blitz my corners to keep him in the pocket and force bad throws.

- He liked to use the Animal Heavy formation, looking to run up the middle with the QB. Another play he ran a lot was the the Jet PA play.

5. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Playbooks

Offense -- Miss State
    Defense -- 4-3

He likes to run with his QB, and hit crossing patterns.

Defensively he has a great Dline that can penetrate at will. He controls his MLB.

6. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Offence: Runs with his QB, plays out of shotgun all game runnning the odd option. Throws over the middle mostly.

Defence: Ran a 4-4 on me to stop my run played more man than zone as far as i could tell. Controls his MLB using him fairly well.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

- On offense, he did show the wildcat formation some, and was pretty successful with it. Gains of 10+ yards pretty much ever time.
    - Throws A LOT over the middle, crossing routes, slants. Hit the flat I think only once all game, and it was a check down.
    - Will run the ball out of I formation, very balanced passing and running all together though.

- On defense, primarily controls the MLB, but will play with the safety sometimes when he thinks you are going to pass (or so I thought). It seemed like he was always in a pass D when he did play with the safety.
    - Runs about 75% man coverage to my knowledge. I was able to keep him honest with the run, and then the slants and crosses would be open to pick up 5 or so yards.
    - Very solid defense against me. I had scored 2 TDs from a yard out, and was forced to kick 3 FGs.
    - I was able to get some jump balls on him though, w/ some luck.

8. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Just to add,
    - Likes to play man
    - Usually has a 2 deep look
    - Isn't afraid to send more then 5 on a pressure
    - Controls the MLB and will jump crossers and covert who he thinks your looking at

Offensively:
    - likes play action
    - likes to get outside the pocket with his qb
    - has a very athletic QB
    - if you spy him he isn't afraid to just sit in the pocket and nickle and dime you down the field
    - likes running tosses with his really fast RB Whitehead.
    - will spread the ball around, I think he had 7 or 8 guys catch a ball against me