Nebraska Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HackGolfer, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Nebraska Game Summaries

Cornhuskers' Game Summaries:

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

#13 Georgia (0-0) @ #21 Nebraska (0-0)

Georgia 0 Nebraska 35

Bulldogs travel to Lincoln and get dominated 35-0. Behind the strong rushing performance of 1-2 punch Castille and Helu. Overall the Cornhuskers rushed for 283 yards and 2. But it was the Defense who stole the show. Causing 3 different Bulldog QB's to throw interceptions.

The defense would end the day with a total of 5. Qb Joe Cox threw 3 ints. The Huskers Dline dominated the game from start to finish and had the Bulldog QB's Running for their lives. The star of the game was CB Anthony West whose interception with 3:55 to go in the 3rd quarter broke open the game. After that it was all downhill for the Dawgs as Nebraska would grind it out on the ground for the rest of the game.

3. atlplayboy23

atlplayboy23 Walk On

#10 Nebraska 41 - Missouri 21

Nebraska had a statement game after a tough lough to VA Tech. While coach Pelini was out of town. "We had a great game and was clicking on all cylinders I hope I do not have to miss anymore games with emergency trip." Pelini Said. Nebraska rushed for 357 total yards and 4 tds. In doing so they suffered 3 minor injuries in the game. FB/HB Quentin Castille broke his toe. Fellow FB Justin Makovicka also was knocked out the game as was QB Zac Lee who still had a brilliant game. Lee rushed 16 times for 70 yards and a Td and passed for 129 yards and a TD.

The Huskers D also limited the to 299 yards of total offense and came away with 3 sacks. Even though the D played well Blaine Gabbert still had a good day passing throwing for 268 and 2tds. We couldnt stop their passing game star DT Ndamukon Suh stated. We tried blitzing stunts zone man nothing would work.

Player of the game Zac Lee(Nebrska) and Blaine Gabbert(Mizzou)

Team Stats
    41 Score 21
    22 first downs 10
    486 Total offense 299
    56-357-4 rushes/yards 21-31-1
    9-15-1 comp/att/td 19-25-2
    129 yards 268
    8-12 3rd down conv 4-10
    1-1 4th down conv 2-4
    3-2-1 red zone 4-3
    1 turnovers 0
    1 fumbles 0
    0 interceptions 0
    8 pr yards 0
    96 kr yards 70
    590 total offense 369

4. atlplayboy23

atlplayboy23 Walk On

Nebraska suffers heart breaking lost Loses Helu for 10 weeks

In a thunderstorm in Lincoln the Cornhuskers suffer a devastating defeat at the hands of the Texas Tech Red Raiders. Which at one point of the game were up big on the Huskers 31-7 but they were able to turn it around and make it respectible with a 21pt 4th quater.

Nebraska would also loose two of its stars in this game. One being RB Helu who is out for 10 weeks. "Helu will be severely missed." Pelini stated. "But someone else will have to step up if we want to continue to win". Look for the Huskers to pass more out of their fleXbox One sets with Helu hurt.

We look to hit the practice field hard next week to find some answers to the wide open passing games we faced the last two weeks. We must and will find a way to defend the 4 and 5 wide sets we have been facing. I am toying around with the 4-2-5.

5. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

who did you lose other than Helu? tough loss good luck next week.

6. atlplayboy23

atlplayboy23 Walk On

I lost Helu and a back up center. This week I lost Castille. My offense has suffered tremendously

7. atlplayboy23

atlplayboy23 Walk On

Nebraska Looses other star RB Quentin Castile in close win

Nebraska nearly escapes defeat in OT

In what many thought would be a blowout Nebraska needed an overtime period to come out victorious. But was the win really worth it as Nebraska lost other Star RB/FB Quentin Castille for 7 weeks. Coach Pelini was devastated after the game. "I cant believe I lost 2 of my best players on offense in back to back weeks". he said. But rest assured Husker fans someone will step up and keep this show on the road.

There was an offensive explosion in the 4th quater as each team scored 21 or more points. I never seen anything like it. Both teams were socring at will after the game was 7-6 at halftime. Zac Lee had another great game where he had to pass more then he usually does throwing 25 times in which he completed 18 of them.

Players of the game Z. Lee(Nebraska) 18-25 293 1td and A. Arnaud 22-42 345 2td

8. atlplayboy23

atlplayboy23 Walk On

Nebraska defeats Baylor

After a swift change in offensive plans after two of the star Rb were injuried Nebraska finally got the offense going and scored some points. Baylor's Star QB Robert Griffin was knocked out the game early and never returned. It was all down hill for the Bears after that.

We decided to abandon the FleXbox One for a more pass friendly offense. We will still use the fleXbox One from here to there but not as our number one offense Pelini said.

Look for the Nebraska air game to pick up in the next couple of weeks.

9. atlplayboy23

atlplayboy23 Walk On

Nebraska 45 - WKU 9

Nebrska opens its home opener with an easy win over Western Kentucky. We were looking to pick up where we left off in the bowl and trying to take some momentum into the season. Zach Lee came out shark going 13-18 177 yards and 4 tds. He also threw one int.

The Defense was its usual self not allowing any points on the night. WKU only TD came on a special teams mishap where back up returner Curenski Gilleylen fumbled a punt return that was taken to the house. They also had a safety off of a bone head play by the offense Zach Lee threw a screen in the endzone.

Players of the game
    Nebrska Zach Lee 13-18 177 4td 1int
    WKU Matt Downing 14tkl 1tfl

Scoring summary
    WKU 0-0-2-7
    Nebraska 14-7-14-10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.