Nebraska Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shadowofanubis66, Aug 20, 2009.

1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Nebraska Game Summaries

Coach Milo took the field with his huskers in anticipation of introducing his new power run game to the university of nebraska. The huskers were always rich in power football and the new regime would bring that back into town. Texas Tech comes into town and it's a big 12 showdown....

Nebraska starts the game and shuts down TTech on the first drive.... and then the blitz begins... Zac Lee does a heroic run about 20 yards downfield breaking a tackle for a td. Here's the highlight!

[YOUTUBE]MVpLN0vKLug[/YOUTUBE]

In the second quarter, stuff went from bad to worse for TTech as the backup HB castile broke off for this run:

[YOUTUBE]Y7ZUkIBsizE[/YOUTUBE]

Zac Lee Then went back to work and on an all out blitz delivered this gem to helu...

[YOUTUBE]qXpTFfA0LXg[/YOUTUBE]

In the third quarter Helu continued his rushing assault with this monster run...

[YOUTUBE]lUt2EjTHbH4[/YOUTUBE]

And then finally in the fourth.... Helu breaks the Nebraska single game rushing record with this historic run downfield....

[YOUTUBE]h-Sj8VjcckQ[/YOUTUBE]

The game would end 57-7 with TTech picking up a cheap lob pass downfield for a long td pass in the fourth quarter. Helu breaks the rushing record with about 368 yards on about 29 carries. A phenominal start for the new coach. After the game Coach Milo said : Nebraska football is back.

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

nice job love the highlights

3. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

Nice win, please tell me you did a mass sub when you were starting to be up big.

4. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Wow Nebraska< reminds me of early 90's

5. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I did a mass sub in the beginning of the third but put my starting hb back in when i found out i had a chance at the school rushing record. getting 300+ yards doesn't happen every day ya know ;).

6. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

I got ya, no problem. Just be careful

7. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Nebraska played another game at home, this time against Iowa State who comes in 1-6. The last game featured a devastating running game from Nebraska and this game proved no different. Helu had 100 yards by the end of the first quarter, ended his day at halftime with 186 yards on 17 carries. Hagg intercepted the ISU QB's pass on their first drive and returned it for a td

Later on in the first Zac Lee throws a strike to Holt for a long 40 yard td pass...
    [YOUTUBE]bOLHTC-Lxbk[/YOUTUBE]

In the second quarter, helu went back to work on a long 56 yard run having flashbacks from last week...
    [YOUTUBE]1AwaGJ0bpfk[/YOUTUBE]

And finally helu finished up his day with a nice 34 yard run toward the end of the 2nd quarter...
    [YOUTUBE]Hw_eB3GbyJY[/YOUTUBE]

Coach Milo is really looking forward to my only user game this season next week against baylor. Hopefully we can overcome and go strong into the rest of the season. The last two games we've outscored the opponent 95-7.

Today's game against ISU ended 38-0 with the subs seeing the 2nd half.

8. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

Baylor has been watching game tape be ready, I'm bring my not so Phenomenal defense. I think my D is one step higher than ISU.LOL

9. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Nebraska came into this game expecting a fight and they got one. Baylor went down the field quite nicely in the first drive of the game. We started blitzing and this caused 2 sacks which led to the field goal. After this baylor had the lead for the majority of the first half... it was the 2nd quarter late that we scored our td to take the lead into the locker room 7-3. The second half belonged to heisman hopeful ron helu as he took over. A constant stream of nebraska power football which i've dedicated to bring back really started to tire out the baylor defense. The final score was 35-3 for nebraska. Our last 5 games we've let up a total of 15 points.

Here are the highlights....

helu's 30 yard scamper
    [YOUTUBE]Z7K_RW8ff-k[/YOUTUBE]

castille's 19 yard rumble to the end zone
    [YOUTUBE]1ABvlTmZGUc[/YOUTUBE]

10. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Nebraska played OU in Lincoln and coach milo had some serious words after the game about the CPU ratings. But first, Nebraska marched down the field barely passing the ball once in the first half and amassing a 21-6 lead with a minute to go in the 2nd quarter. We had the ball and i throw a pass to a wide open TE. He catches it, and promptly lays it on the ground... fumble. OU recovers and bradford robo's his way to the endzone, 21-13. First posession of the second half... We get the ball back and first play from scrimmage... fumble by helu, OU recovers. Another TD and the game is now tied at 21-21.

Next posession, we are driving and at ou's 20.... fumble, OU recovers. They get stopped at the 50 yard line and are forced to punt. Nebraska has to put pressure on bradford because bradford at this point in the game was 18-18 for 196 yards (while getting hit on a few of those as well). Might wanna think about adjusting that qb cpu accuracy slider down a peg. I dont see too many bullet passes being shot out of bradfords hands while he's being taken down in real life.

Back to the game though... Nebraska this time goes from normal ball protect mode to protect the ball mode hoping that the CPU couldn't cheese it's way out of that one either . We drive down again to the 1.... let the clock tick to 1 second, snap the ball and kick a FG to win the game. Nebraska wins it 24-21 in one of the most frustrating games in recent memory. Helu rushed for over 200 yards in this one, which should help his heisman candidacy. Bradford finished 28-30 with 260 some yards and 2 td's.

11. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

it was just put upped from 5 to 10 because the cpu qb's couldnt pass that well, I HAVENT SEEN a problem yet but no also played an elite qb outside of ole miss so we need more testing on that front

12. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Nebraska came into this game and won pretty handily. The opponents qb (reesing) had another great day and was unstoppable going about 30-36 and 4 ten play drives, but nebraskas offense and running game was just too much again. Nebraska won 63-28... some of the highlights include this run by helu... (more coming later tonight)

helu 58 yards
    [YOUTUBE]oKB9-TCcqbU[/YOUTUBE]

13. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

i finally seen the robo qb...playing eorgia i will ask if it can be lowered again

14. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

Dude, that's why I had it a 5. I was going to change it anyway

15. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

No highlights this week, nebraska wins 42-10 over colorado and now gets ready for the big 12 title game vs texas. The chance for the 6th prestige star is on the line in this game and then the bowl game that follows.

16. DC

DC Shake n Bake

nice win congrats good luck with the championship

17. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The bad guys went into kansas state and in the beginning it was a game. After nebraska scored, k state came back and converted on a fourth and goal to score a td. After that, helu, and latravis washington took over the game. Big play after big play made it 38-10 at the half. Mass subs for both units took place and the 2nd team did better then the first. Castille (backup rb) got 175 yards on the ground in the second half and 2 tds... while zac lee (backup qb) threw for 1 and had one bad pick on the goal line. The bad guys are looking very strong going into the game against texas next week, where nearly every recruit on the board is visiting. Should be a giant week indeed...

18. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The bad guys played Mizzou and took care of business. The defense held them to 11 yards of total offense through the game. 56-0 easy win with helu breaking through for 30 touches for 265 yards and 4 td's. Helu for heisman....

The bad guys continue the march toward The NC game at the end of the season (unfortunately not in a BCS game) with florida

19. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Nebraska only gives up 3 points on a long field goal against texas a&m.... easy win, the big game against florida is in a few weeks... bring em on.

20. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

It was a fantastic setting in Lincoln Nebraska for the game between colorado and nebraska. Very cold, snowy conditions on the field made for a game that suited Nebraska perfectly. After a tentative first half, the score was 19-7 i believe. In the first quarter, i made a pitch where it "looked" like my knee was down before the pitch happened, but instead the refs let it play and i broke a 30 yard run from it. Well after i got messaged saying "cheap pitch"... i decide i dont want to hear about it after the game so i just punt the ball right there and he got it at the 4. 2 plays later, safety. I figure getting the ball at the 4 is better then me at the 14 yardline driving for a td.

2nd half was pretty much mop up duty as the starters kept playing but it was mostly to just run the clock out and play stout defense. colorado quit with about 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter down 32-7, so i finished against the CPU. 39-7 was the final i believe... as Nebraska looks to face CPU Florida in the final week of the season before the Big 12 title game.

When asked about the controversy surround the game, the nebraska coach didn't have too much to comment about, saying that they played their game and weren't sure what the fuss was about.

21. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

this game is gonna get tossed because it was finished vs cpu i hope you know this...only the commish can sim games

22. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Well it's disappointing that i beat the guy basically (up 25 with 4 to go) and he leaves and now i gotta play the game again, but if thats what i have to do for some league reason then i'll do it. I just hope it isn't simmed for some reason because getting upset by the cpu and ruining an undefeated season would really be pointless.

23. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Well its up to hogs how this gets decided

24. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I have faith in the guy.

25. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Sorry shadow,

i have to sim it, i cant show favoritism one way or another. i will be looking into this more also, and deciding if there were any more infractions. ur opponent is not off the leash either. i dont care if a player is completely cheese...u should never quit. i am going to decide if he is right for this league....if he hasnt already quit