Nebraska Pressers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Nebraska Pressers

[​IMG]

#5 ranking has gone by pretty quietly, is that good or bad for this team?

Are your guys going to be up for this game? Obviously you want to win but this game does not decide anything in the Big 12 and Auburn isn't a top ranked team.

Auburn has thrown up some big time points, is your defense ready and who will have to play big for the blackshirts?

What will be your focus on offense for this game?

2. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

#5 ranking has gone by pretty quietly, is that good or bad for this team?

I'm not really sure if it is one way or the other. The high ranking helps get us on national television, which will probably help with recruiting but I'm not too concerned with where we are ranked now. Our focus right now is on Auburn, I don't think they care where we are ranked they're hungry.

Are your guys going to be up for this game? Obviously you want to win but this game does not decide anything in the Big 12 and Auburn isn't a top ranked team.

Yes, we can't wait to get back on the field and put some of the doubts about who we are as a team to bed. The Nevada game gave us a scare and we almost lost. They weren't ranked either, regardless of what the media says rankings go away when you step on that field. If we are able to pull out a victory against Auburn, it should help us regain some momentum and carry that into Big XII play.

Auburn has thrown up some big time points, is your defense ready and who will have to play big for the blackshirts?

The defense is ready. As we learned from Nevada, it all is going to come down to stopping the big play. Nevada wasn't able to put together a drive on us, I think they only had five first downs the entire game, we were beat by the home run. I think we can apply this same idea to Auburn. We've been looking over the scouting reports and game recaps for Auburn and hopefully identified areas where we can attack. As far as who needs to play big, the defensive line. This is an area where we feel we have an advantage over any team in the country. If we are able to get pressure with our front four, then it will allow more coverage to negate the big play.

What will be your focus on offense for this game?

Our focus will be control. In several different aspects, ball control, controlling the tempo and controlling field position. We need to take better care of the football, we can not force silly passes like last week. We know the strength of this team is the Blackshirts. With that in mind, we need to establish the run and control the clock to keep them fresh. The same thing with field position, if we win this battle it will put us in a good position to win the game.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach you are in the BCS national Championship did you think it was possible going into Conference Championship week?

Florida has caught some major breaks to play for National Championships by getting help form other teams, this time they returned the favor have you contacted Coach Meyer?

You take on Ohio St. and Terrelle Pryor how do you plan to attack Pryor?

Congrats Spliff you need to do a write up hyping your game before you play it bro

4. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Coach you are in the BCS national Championship did you think it was possible going into Conference Championship week?

We knew there was a chance for us to play for the title, but we needed a lot of dominoes to fall into place. The only one that we could actually control was beating Oklahoma, all the other ones we had to sit back and watch them fall. So, it was something that we thought about but it was in the back of our mind we knew Oklahoma was dangerous and had to focus on them.

Florida has caught some major breaks to play for National Championships by getting help form other teams, this time they returned the favor have you contacted Coach Meyer?

Yeah, I reached out to Coach Meyer both before and after the game to say thanks. I'm glad that his boys were able to pull the upset and beat Bama, but if I know Urban I think catapulting us into the National title game is nowhere near a sweet a feeling for him as it was to deny the Tide a return appearance. Also, being crowned champion of a highly competitive SEC is a hell of an accomplishment in itself. Once again, thanks Coach Meyer.

You take on Ohio St. and Terrelle Pryor how do you plan to attack Pryor?

I think the plan is to be overtly aggressive against Pryor. From watching film, he gets happy feet quite often. The first sign of pressure sends him scrambling out of the pocket and trying to force things to happen. This is where the Blackshirts will have to make plays. Throughout the year, we have been vulnerable to the big play on defense so I think I'd rather take the risk of Pryor scrambling than hooking up with a speedy WR on the outside. Plus with him in the open field it's an opportunity to hit him and hit him hard.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

good luck coach

6. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Thanks.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

If you had to describe this loss in one word what would it be?

How was the locker room after the loss?

What's next for the Huskers?

8. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

If you had to describe this loss in one word what would it be?

Only one word? That's tough to do, but I'd say disappointing. I mean we had our opportunities, several of them, but we blew it. Too many interceptions, not being able to stop the pass and the injuries hurt us. With all of that said, it's no excuse we were right there in the thick of things at the end. A little bit more time on that 2 point attempt and who knows? OT might have been a different story.

How was the locker room after the loss?

It was quiet, a lot quieter than normal after a game win or lose. Myself, along with the players were lost in our own thoughts reflecting on what could have been. What if I made that tackle? What if we stopped them on that 3rd down? I think that's going to be what is racing through these players minds until next season and for those players that this was their last game it could haunt them for some time.

What's next for the Huskers?

What's next? The answer to this question would have been the same regardless of the game's outcome. We go home and get ready for next season. We get back to work, just gotta keep working on getting better. The fact that we are defending Big XII champs, or played for the title means nothing next season. In fact, it might mean that people are going to be gunning for us every time we step on the field a little bit more than normal.