Nebraska Recruiting Bio

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BG, Nov 7, 2009.

1. BG

BG On The Rize!

Nebraska Recruiting Class 2010

Now that the season is winding down, its time for coaches to hit the road to replace their talented players that are leaving due to graduation, pro draft, or tranfering. This is where championships are won. If you don't get those Primetime Athletes to help carry on tradition or that help make tradition; you're setting yourself up for failure. Maybe not this year or the next, but lackluster recruiting, eventually means "Average Growth".

Here are the current recruits that have committed verbally to the Huskers:

POS HT WT ​

:5stars: Herbert Quinn
    Ath 6'1 182​
    Quinn is the number 4 rated athlete in the nation. He comes to Nebraska by way of El Paso, TX. He will probable get a chance to play QB due to the graduation of Z. Lee and L. Washington. He has decent speed with a strong, accurate arm.

:5stars: Ryan Bowie
    OLB 6'4 222​
    Bowie is the number 4 rated OLB from Rohnert Park, CA. He has C+ speed and an eye for the ball. Although Nebraska is returning four of its current five OLB's, Bowie will have every opportnunity to contend for a starting job.

:5stars: Travis Brooks
    HB 6'1 228​
    Brooks is a power running back with B+ speed. He played his highschool ball in Denver, CO. With Helu and Castille leaving, the back field will be a wide open competition. Nebraska has a stable of running backs, which could ultimately be the deepest in the country in 2011.

:4stars: Reggie Reed
    DT 6'1 283​

Reed is a balanced DT from Texas City, TX. He brings his strong work ethic to Nebraska in hopes of helping solidify their defense. He's not very fast, but his strength and ability to shed blockers is off the charts. He will have a hard time breaking into the starting line-up, but could possibly see significant playing time as a true freshman.

:4stars: Jermaine Jones

SS 6'1 170​

Jones is from Pueblo, CO. Jones will join an already young secondary. He can possibly take over as a starter, but will have he work cut out for him. Look for Jones to be a pertinent special teams star, while get limited snaps at the SS position unless there is injury problems.

:4stars: Drew Hampton

CB 6'0 185​

Hampton is from Camarillo, CA. Hampton will try to help replace three graduating Seniors at the corner position. His B+ speed and B- Man and Zone coverage skills, will definately get him some early looks at that position.

:4stars: Clayton Hall

OLB 5'11 226​

Clayton is from Ripley, MS. He brings great speed and tackling ability to what may be the strong point of the Nebraska defense. His hitting power is somewhat lacking, but he makes it up with pursuit to the football.

:3stars: Scott Booker

ATH 5'10 160​

Booker is from Brownsville, TX. He is small in stature, but huge in skills. His B speed is a little underrated based on what we were able to see in person at his last highschool game. He should help in the return game and be a contributor either out of the backfield or at the corner position.

:3stars: Robert Dortch

WR 6'1 169​

Dortch is from Lufkin, TX. He is any absolute burner. Give him a step and he'll make you pay. The down side to him is he will drop some passes. He has very small hands that cause him to drop more passes than other receivers of equal ability. His B+ speed can not be overlooked and he can still be an asset to any team.

WELCOME THE NEW RECRUITS FOR THE NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS!!!​

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

WHAT ABOUT CODY GREEN?!?! He will be your starting QB

3. BG

BG On The Rize!

These are my freshman recruits, not my projected starters!!!

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Haha I know u just said that Quinn may contend for role of starter.... I would notch Cody green the starter 100%

5. BG

BG On The Rize!

I meant he may get the opportunity to play this season and not get redshirted. Anytime you have a player of the caliber Green is on this game, he will definitely get hurt or injured at some point in time, ergo, playing time for backup QB!