Nebraska Summaries season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by RJ Emeka, Jan 5, 2011.

1. RJ Emeka

RJ Emeka Walk On

Nebraska beat the Sooners 17-14 in a hard fought game. Unfortunately they lost their starting corner dennard for the rest of the season with a shoulder injury. The Huskers dominated the clock as Rex Burkhead ran for a little over 100 yards on 24 carries. He didn't wow the Sooners with explosive plays, but he converted on key third downs. Turning points were the Husker converting on 4th goal at the 3 with a Taylor Martinez 3 hard run off an option play.

PS. Restarted game 3 times. Was having connection issues with my router first 2 times as my connections kept dropping. Switched to a wired connection and had no problems. I will be playing with a wired connection from now on as I don't wanna keep restarting games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RJ Emeka

RJ Emeka Walk On

Huskers outlast Tide in close matchup, 20-17.

To a man, the Husker players will tell you that this will probably be their toughest matchup all season and that they were very fortunate to beat the Tide who dominated the LOS. Yes, Nebraska still had over 120 rush yards as a team, but if you remove 2 20 yard carries they got, it doesn't look so good and their D-Line got penetration quite often.

A 20-10 lead late in the 4th was almost blow because of a Rex Burkhead fumble. Bama had some clock issues during their final play so they tried to kick a field goal with their QB but missed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. RJ Emeka

RJ Emeka Walk On