Nebraska to Big10...In the Works

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Cimmy24, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Nebraska to Big10...In the Works

Received this via ESPN Text Alerts around Noon today...

Nebraska officials to meet Friday to discuss possible move to the Big10 Conference...

Is this the first domino to begin the trend?

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yup, Missouri and Nebraska to the Big 10 and now it looks like Baylor may have bumped Colorado in the Pac-16 merger.

looks like it's going to go down.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I feel like this is going to completely overshadow this coming football season. Every game or analysis show they're constantly going to be talking about the new conferences for the `11 football season.

4. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

I still feel this is all smoke and mirrors for the big 10 to get ND and if they do get NEB/Miss they arent expanding to 16 teams like people want. People forget that the big 10 started this to catch the SEC, the SEC is seen as the strongest conf with 5 straight bcs titles so the Big 10 wanted to get stronger to be up there with the SEC and mabey the big 12. The big 10 dosent want to force the SEC to get STRONGER by picking up any other school they basically want mostly looking at former member GT and adding FSU, CLem and miami but florida may try and cock block the FLA schools so VT comes in the picture. I see 14 with ND as the last School to be invited. EVeryone Loses with 16

5. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I know a lot of women love Soap Opera's and all those drama shows..... Well this has been my CFB Drama entertainment for the past weeks. The stories, rumors, non-stories, inside information, fighting among fan message boards, and speculations have been great. Then as of lately you got Baylor and Starr throwing their political weight around, Kansas begging and pleading Nebraska don't go, The big 10 and pac 10 trying to pick off the big 12, and Notre Dame with their battle of independence or big ten. This has been the best drama I've seen in awhile! It's also been fun visiting different message boards to get the tone of the fan base.... Some places like Iowa State sees their world coming to an end.... Missouri is on the edge, Nebraska is happy to stick it to Texas, Texas still feel like they control everything and is the star, ND is very spilt (Some people refuse to support the team if they lose their tradition and head to the big 10-Tradition is everything, Others want to follow the money and believe it's in the best interest of the school). Then you have Rutgers hoping and begging they get an invite, not knowing where they stand.... What Drama

6. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I think it's all about $$$. I don't think the Big 10 is worrying about the SEC. I think it's all about television sets and the big ten network. They want to be able to force their network in more regions and markets in order to increase their revenues. And for the big-ten I believe it also has some academic motivations behind it with research dollars..... I've been following this for awhile now and I think this is the reason for expansion talk.

7. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

If they Big XII does fall apart, then I do believe there would be an overkill of analysis within those division games. But for the rest of CFB I think the stories will be on the field, and won't be overshadowed by expansion talk.

8. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

I agree with you on the overshadowing part. I just hope that once we're back into the football season, some of this might fade away so the main focus is on the games being played.

With respect to new conferences for next year, I know the Big East teams can not join their new conference for 27 months if they elect to drop out of the Big East. Not sure about other conferences, but I wouldn't expect the "new conferences" to be in place for at least 2-3 years.

9. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Texas: A&M, you're such a whore.

A&M: Eat me bitch, you got lucky. I'll be captain nex.....

Colorado: Ohmigod! Ohmigod! Ohmigod!

Oklahoma: What?

Colorado: You guys are. Not. Going. To. Believethisss.

Texas Tech: What!?

Colorado: Omigod! /almost faints from hyperventilating/

Texas: Bitch if you don't tell me what the fuck you're talking about I'm going to punch you in your ovaries.

/Oklahoma and Oklahoma State roll their eyes, but silently agree with Texas/

Colorado: Alright. Ready? I just heard that the six of us are totally going to be invited out by... wait for it.... the Pac-10! /squeals/

Texas Tech: Ohmigod! NO WAY!

Colorado: Yeah! It's totally true. We're all getting invites. No more of this Big XII bullshit. And the best part is the PAC-10 guys are totally RICH!!

Oklahoma State: Thank God, I'm sick of hanging out with you bitches every Saturday. It's almost like someone makes us all hang out together, all the time. /glares at Texas/

Texas: Whatever, Colorado.

Colorado: What!? You're not excited?

Texas: Why should I be? I totally dated the PAC-10 a few years ago, but they're lahoosers. I could've gone steady with the PAC-10, or I could hang out with my girls. I totally chose you guys. /smiles fakest of all smiles/

Texas Tech: Don't give us that line of bullshit. They dumped your ass after they found out your were stuffing your revenues bra.

Texas: Fuck you, Tech. I totally dumped them. You're just pissed off that you wouldn't even be in the flag corps much less a Big XII member Cheerleader if you weren't my cousin, so deal with it. And while you're at it, get me a Diet Coke, bitch.

Texas Tech: /grumbles, goes to get Diet Coke, intends to spit in it first/

Oklahoma: So where did you hear about this? Spill it.

Colorado: I heard it from that guy! /points to unathletic CFHS newspaper geek/

A&M: From HIM!?

Oklahoma: Just from him? Are you fucking kidding me? He doesn't know anything. That asshole told everyone I lost my head coach virginity to Notre Dame this summer. That's your source!?

Colorado: Calm down Oklahoma, it's not just him. Everyone's talking about it. I heard from people who were hanging out with the PAC-10 all week that this is totally going to happen.

Oklahoma State: Oh christ... here comes Iowa State.

/Iowa State rolls up in motorized wheelchair, dressed in cheerleader uniform/

Iowa State: /voice box crackles/ WHAT'S THIS CRAP I HEAR ABOUT YOU BITCHES GOING OUT WITH THE PAC-10? WHY DO I HAVE TO HEAR THIS FROM TEDDY GREENSTEIN? I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS. /static/

Colorado: Calm down Iowa State, we just found out about it. Sorry they didn't invite you to party.

Iowa State: I DON'T NEED YOUR PITY. WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE CHEERLEADING TEAM? /squak/

Texas: Nothing's going to happen to the cheerleading team Iowa State. No one is going to party with the PAC-10.

Colorado: WHAT!?

Texas: I've told you before, my Dad owns a dealership, and if you bitches want to have a nice car to drive around in and cool parties to go to, you're doing what I want.

Oklahoma: Whatever... /gazes off into the distance, wishes she were somewhere, anywhere else/

Oklahoma State: You know you're not the only one with money Texas. My Uncle Pickens left me some money too. I can get my own car.

Texas: Ha! A lot of good it's done you to. Even with the new practice facility boob job the best you can do is the Holiday Bowl. Ever think that if you weren't hanging out with me you wouldn't even get invited there? You were popular for a minute, but when everyone found out the twins were plastic it all went away, didn't it.

Oklahoma State: I hate you. /fights back tears/

Colorado: You're not ruining this for me Texas. I'm doing whatever I want.

Texas: Fine. Do what you want. But when you come back here trying to be friends, smelling like salmon and wear cords made out of hemp, don't think we're going to talk with you.

Iowa State: /chirp/ I KNEW WE'D ALL BE FRIENDS FOR EVER.

/Nebraska and Missouri, also in their cheerleading outfits, walk by with the Big Ten talking and giggling/

Nebraska: Hi everyone! We'll see you a practice. /Missouri waves, continues walking/

Iowa State: HI IOWA. YOU GOING TO CALL ME THIS WEEKEND? /crackle/

/Iowa shields face with hand, all his Big Ten friends laugh at him/

/Iowa State turns her wheelchair back to the table/

Iowa State: HE'S MY COUSIN. EVERY NOW AND THEN HE GETS DRUNK AND HE LETS ME MAKE OUT WITH HIM.

Colorado: Oh MY GOD, Iowa State. Shut up!

Iowa State: HEY COLORADO, REMEMBER BACK IN 2007 WHEN WE MADE OUT!?

Colorado: SHUT UP!

Iowa State: HA HA HA HA HA. I OWN YOU BITCH.

Oklahoma State: So what's up with Nebraska and Missouri hanging out with those Big Ten guys?

A&M: Oh my God, it's like Missouri can't get enough of them. All Missouri does is talk about how great the Big Ten is. All the Big Ten would have to do is say "Big Ten Network" "boo" and her legs would be in the air.

Texas Tech: Not like Nebraska's any different. Nebraska asked me what kind of thong is easiest to get out of. If the Big Ten asks, we'll never see those two again.

Texas: I don't like the Big Ten. A few years ago I thought we were friends but they totally blew me off. Now that my revenues boobs are big, they're all over me again.

A&M: It all comes back to you, doesn't it?

Texas: You got something to say, bitch?

A&M: Yeah, I do. I've been talking with the SEC and I don't need this shit anymore.

Oklahoma: /in heaviest possible sarcasm/ You're going with the SEC?

A&M: That's right. Hi honey! /waves/

/SEC continues eating lunch, carries on as if crickets are chirping/

A&M: See, we're totally steady.

Oklahoma State: You're an idiot.

Texas: Oh jesus, is Kansas trying to sell test answers again?

/Kansas, seeing a teacher, quickly sits down at the Big XII table/

Kansas: Hey everyone, what's going on?

A&M: What the hell's the matter with you? Aren't you in enough trouble already?

Kansas: What are you talking about? I'm just supplying study supplements. There's nothing wrong with that.

Oklahoma: If by "study supplements" you mean the actual test key, then yes, there is something wrong with that.

Texas Tech: Look, just because you'll sell your panties to anyone with a dollar fifty doesn't mean you can do it. We've got reputations to keep here.

/whole table giggles/

Iowa State: HA HA HA HA

Colorado: I hate you Kansas. I can't wait to start hanging out with the PAC-10 so I never have to see your ass again.

Kansas: Yeah, I heard about that. Let me ask you a simple question, genius. Have you actually talked to anyone in the PAC-10 about this?

Colorado: Well... um... no.

Kansas: You're an idiot. And you're stuck with me bitch.

/fin/

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Why is that?

11. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

12. astealthyhippo

Not quite sure of when it came about, but it was done to discourage teams from leaving (see BC, Miami, and VT). That way the Big East doesn't have to actively search out teams to add like other conferences are doing and when a team gets snatched (like Rutgers to the Big 10) the Big East has 27 months to figure out what they're going to do. Again, I'm not so sure other conferences have this in place, but the Big East does. So if it's just Big 10/Big 12/Pac 10 stuff, it could take effect next year for all I know.

13. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

lmao that whole skit is priceless lmaoooooooooo

14. astealthyhippo

+1 to the skit. Where did you find that? It's pretty hilarious

15. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

LMFAO@skit

16. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

17. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

LOL hilarious.

Tejas is one baaaad bitch. COme on down to the Big Ten!

18. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I see Nebraska and Mizzou as definite's for the Big10, but there has to be 1 or 3 more teams that they add to get their conference championship...maybe just Notre Dame, as it seems the Irish are looking at the opportunity to join the Big10....or maybe 2 Big East teams (Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt most are the most likely imo) and Notre Dame. It's all going to unfold within the next few months and we'll be seeing answers...the Big"11" will finally get a conference championship!

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Being a Michigan fan, I agree. I don't really like the idea of the super conferences though I just wanted one or two teams so we can break up into divisions and have a CCG. All in all I think this will be a push for a playoff system down the road.

20. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I'm telling ya, don't be surprised if down the road the NCAA and BCS decide to just say the hell with it and enforce 4 Super BCS Conferences...top 2 from each go to a playoff system and the next top 4 in the BCS ranking making a 12 team playoff....my crystal ball is glowing with this idea!

21. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

As a Big 10 fan, I'm not at all excited about Nebraska.

Texas, ND, or bust.

22. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

There really cant be four super conf unless they get bigger who would the SEC take? way too many teams with four spots.

You got GT(old original sec member)
    FSU who was invited before
    Clemson with ties to Scar and great fanbase
    Miami....florida team fickle fanbase, lack of alumni support may hurt them in the end
    VT opening a new market for SEC
    West VA has been bought up...list could go on

23. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

Out of the schools you listed, I'd probably lean toward FSU, VT, Miami and Clemson. I'm not really in favor of the superconference plan, but as a die-hard SEC guy I want them to stay competitive with the others. I think the SEC East would be absolutely sick with UF, FSU, Miami, VT, SC, Clemson, UGA and Tennessee. Wonder if they would come up with another way to divide the teams?

24. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Yep its official NEB is now gone via ESPN and Orangebloods.com NEB will formally announce Fri. Also Colorado has opted out of the big 12 also and will be announcing they are going to the pac 10 as soon as 2012 so two peices moving

25. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Also Looks like Texas AM and Tex as not on the same page TexAm wants to go to the SEC so those two schools will meet up soon to try and see where they want to go as they just want to keep the two biggest schools in Texas together not 3