Nebraska, Your 2013 CHAMPS!

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    NEBRASKA (AP)- Taylor Martinez ran around the field like a madman, showing his blazing speed...but this time, the game was over. Martinez had led his Cornhuskers to the national title. T-Mart ran to his family, hugged them and cried. "You and the team were the only ones who believed I could be a National title QB," said Martinez as he hugged his family. The mugh maligned QB overcame accuracy issues and became a competent QB, completing 62% of his passes for the 2nd straight year.

UCF stood in their way initially, with a vaunted offense, which was a top 5 offense in the nation. QB Jeff Godfrey had 40 total TD's and only 5 picks while featuring two stud RB's in Storm Johnson (rushed for 1545yds and 18TD's) and FR Jason Terry (rushed for 846yds and 9TD's). But today the Nebraska defense stood up big time. Johnson rushed for just 73yds and a TD and Terry rushed for 30yds as UCF could never get their running game going and never could muster much offensive momentum throughout this game. Godfrey was harrassed all game, getting sacked 7 times, many times trying to escape the pressure put on by the Nebraska defense. He only threw for 171yds and a pick.

Nebraska meanwhile wasn't much better but received big plays by Taylor Martinez. Martinez who threw for 250yds and 2 scores nailed WR Stanley Jean Baptiste for 73yds for a TD and hit Kenny Bell with a 57 yarder which set up 1 of Trey Smith's TD's. The overall team effort ended a miraculous season that saw close wins over Georgia and Iowa and beating big time squads like PSU, OSU and Michigan State.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Congrats on *ANOTHER* national championship Mo...

I just wish I could have gotten in there to give you a game in the Big dance, alas JFosh had other ideas, the bastid.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    one day we will dance for the title ;)

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Congrats, interested to see what the team will be like without Martinez.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah it's going to be drastically different.

I had seniors starting at QB, slot WR, 2nd TE, LT, LG, C, RG, LE, RE, DT, 2nd MLB, CB, nickel CB so I have to replace starters from all of those areas.

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yeah all my starters on offense were seniors except for my LG. I'm losing A LOT of talent.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah this is the year where our new talent will be in full force really...definitely by next season.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Mo wins another T1 title? Do I need to sit in and play spoiler again? JK, congrats Mo.

• Like Like x 1
  9. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Congrats Mo!

• Like Like x 1