Necessary Roughness Slider testing

Discussion in '4th and Long' started by Bucsfan94, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

Alright guys, I set up a community where we can talk about and adjust sliders. Since the new patch comes out the 16th and it will change the way the game plays. I kind of already have a set in mind, but lets play a few games and discuss in here.

Join the community play games against the CPU and other members so we can figure this thing out.

Thanks guys

Name: Necessary Roughness
    Comm abbreviation: NRT
    Password: 010101

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

Anybody up for a game? I will be on after 7 p.m

3. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

What is this patch addressing. And is it me or are there way too many dropped passes and too many face mask calls?

4. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

Dropped passes are fine with me, but the facemask calls are HIGH. also idk if anyone has tried to kick a field goal in the rain yet.....but goodluck...

5. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I hardly ever get facemask calls, I think that has to do with people using the strip button alot? But I do get ALOT of holding calls on KR's.. only 1 KR in my game wasn't called for holding.

6. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

I've had games where there have been 3 face mask calls. 2 on me one by opponent.

7. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

i dont
    i agree, holding is really a problem for me to, but i never use the strip button and i get 3-4 facemask penalties a game. I watched my friends game (the giants) and both teams combined for 8 facemasks.

8. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

The 16th the new patch come out, I will be re-adjusting sliders. I have what is going to be our set in the community with some minor changes. I need guys to play each other in there in only benefits all of us.

9. roll2tide

roll2tide Walk On

TheGreatCV

10. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

is this like an update or something?

11. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

Ok so week 5 in necessarry roughness this week for the Steelers iTsIsiah as my witness there were simply too many penalties.
    On kickoff returns: i had 4 holding penalties
    On defense: I had 4 facemask calls, (and i do not use the strip button). i know it happens, but it happens too often i think in this league, holding and facemasks just occur too often, so much so that it affects the game in a negative way....if anyone agrees with this let me know. I had two big 3rd downs where i had the Eagles stopped just outside of field goal range and the facemasks prevented the stop. I would like to see the sliders (penalty wise) adjusted just a little bit, i like the way the game feels now, but the penalties are just too prevelent.

12. roll2tide

roll2tide Walk On

? You asked what the patch addressed so I posted a list of things that the patch addresses.

13. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

Are u guys playing the games in the community? Those are going to be the new sliders. We need to start playing those games. I am not going to be adjusting sliders in the league because in 2 days it won't matter anymore.

14. RRAHx2

Tonight I'm free around 10pm CST if anyone wants to play a game.

15. RRAHx2

sorry Bucsfan94 I got no mic man, but feel free to mssg me through here

16. RRAHx2

I like those settings alot, I thought our game went really smooth. ut you did get an unusual amount of RTP calls. The most i saw before this game was like 2 in a game. I think you had 5 haha

17. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

Yeah, I loved the game. That holding call on my big run screwed me. I lowered a couple of penalties but I think these are our sliders going forward.

18. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

New sliders feel great, penalties toned down, but not gone. Game I played felt great

19. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

my game last night i had two many facemask calls and a lot of holding calls

20. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I really like the Rookie Symposium sliders, keeps incentives for running the ball. RRAHx2 might have some input on it. Our scoring and passing yards in this league are compairable to their numbers in week 10 already. Just my 2 cents.

21. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

I have no idea what Rookie Symposium sliders look like.

22. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Snozberriez8198 is the stand-in commish in that league so maybe he has some input. I like the sliders for the most part here, don't get me wrong. But if you progress the league as is we will have 8 Qb's with well over 5000 yards for the season. When I get home I can post them. I'm not saying the whole thing needs to be overhauled either and other people's opinions would be cool too!

23. Reickross

Reickross Walk On

The frequency of the holding calls is a killer for me. I know there is no way to tweak the disparity on whether it occurs on big runs or short yardage gains, but it's killing drives when they call a hold on 2nd an 4 when you rush for a yd.

24. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

I will adjust

• Like Like x 1