Need A Couple Volunteers...

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by HotRod, Aug 19, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Need A Couple Volunteers...

I want to create a master league roster on google docs that will basically track the free agent years for all the players. This will speed up the offseason planning for me and also allow each team to see what season players will be free agents ahead of time and give them a chance to plan their tags out.

That being said, I'm going to need some help entering those players into a spreadsheet, not too much information is required, just want to have the player's name, OVR and years pro. I'll have a team by team tab so it'll be easy to look at your team instead of scrolling through each team to find your players. I just would like 3-4 guys who would be willing to help me divide the work for that task.

Thanks.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Check out the spreadsheets for both the Ten Year War and the SMFL. That should get you started.

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

4. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Ah good idea.

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

The spreadsheet is up and formatted for all 32 teams. However, we need a few more people to assist so we can divide some of the work up. I plan on working on this today after work (6pm EST) and will start with the letter R. I know the only 2 completed thus far are the first 2 teams (Bears & Bengals). If we get some more to jump in, we can have this wrapped up fairly quick.

If interested, let us know so we can get your email address added as an author to make spreadsheet edits.

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm in. Email is in my sig

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

The R's are completed...
    Raiders
    Rams
    Ravens
    Redskins

8. Papa Perry

Cool I'm gonna start with the Bengals (FA Year wasn't entered) And I'll just continue down the alphabet.

9. Keller

I'd be interested in simply viewing it, nonetheless.

Can you guys make it viewable by anyone with a link and post the link here? I'd like to take a look at it.

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

The S's are now completed...
    Saints
    Seahawks
    Steelers

11. Papa Perry

Last night I added the FA year to the Bengals and then did the Bills and Broncos. I'll finish up the Bs and try to start on the Cs tonight

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

The work is so tedious and would move much quicker if we had more assistance.

13. Keller

I told you guys to post a link to see if I could look at it and lend a hand. Oh well.

14. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Sorry, you're wrong. You gave no inkling of lending a hand, which is why the link was not provided to you. I believe the thought was to get this completed, first, then publish for all to browse.

However, since it appears you have now changed you mind, I will PM the link to you, now. Please reply and give me your email address so that you can become a registered author of the document.

15. Keller

My bad. I think we are just misunderstanding each other. I just wanted to view the document to see if it was something I could help with or use what resources I have to augment the process for you guys.

I didn't necessarily want to jump in and sign up to do an entire division or something. I didn't want to volunteer for something I may not have time to do I suppose.

Again, my mistake, sorry man.

16. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I'll be able to get some teams done today.

17. Papa Perry

It's really easy man, just a little time consuming. All you have to do is input the names, OVR, Age, Years Pro, and the first year they are a FA. There isn't any codes or mods or anything.

18. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Finishing up the Texans and going to try and close out the end of the alphabet today.

I think once its done we can go back in and make all the FA YEAR fields yellow that have a numerical value of 1. This way its easy to track after season 1 is over. Perhaps someone with spreadsheet skills can make this a living document. The thought would be that once we are onto year 2, the FA YEAR fields all decrement by 1 value and the list is updated.

19. Keller

I'll take a look tonight if I have time. I'm not worried about it being too complex though, I'm quite good with excel.

20. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

TMFL roster status as of 8/24/10 @ 5:30pm (EST)

Ok fellas, I've finished up the end of the alphabet. That makes 14 teams completed and 18 in need of assistance.

Completed now are:

Bears
    Bengals
    Bills
    Broncos

< middle teams to be engaged by others for completion >

Raiders
    Rams
    Ravens
    Redskins
    Saints
    Seahawks
    Steelers
    Texans
    Titans
    Vikings

21. Papa Perry

Sorry I didn't get anything done last night. Got distracted. I will be able to tackle some teams tonight.