Need a little help here.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Juggernautblitz, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Need a little help here.

Since I don't have the time to play Madden or NCAA other than the couple games each week I play in my 2 leagues, I don't get to experiment with different stuff and learn all the new features or at least it takes me a long time. So I can hopefully become more competitive, here are a few things I notice guys doing to me in games that I don't know how to do.
    A. Some guys (like Masler today) just blow through or shrug off tackles like my guys aren't there. What button are they hammering to escape the tackles or shrug them off? What can I do on D to tackle better?
    B. I haven't played Madden in 2 or 3 years so not sure what all this playmaker stuff is and if it is something I need to be doing manually.
    C. What is the best way to disengage quickly if I take a D lineman pre-snap? I have guys against me take a DT or DE and just blow my plays up in the backfield but seems like whenever I take a D lineman they stay blocked forever.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Good questions; too bad I don't have the answers. I don't use D-linemen very much, but I have heard that if you use the "turbo" button that it is harder to disengage from a block.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

If you do a google search for madden 2010 tips and tricks there are a ton of websites that offer all kinds of tips, tricks, gameplay advice, etc. Maybe that would be helpful to you.

4. Juggernautblitz

Thanks, will do.

5. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

With the ballcarrier, you just keep hitting the right stick up anytime you get hit. Also for the DL, i've found that if you can hit the stick left or right (your DL moves) right as you are about to make contact with the OL it should give you the best chance for success. Well, works for me.

6. Juggernautblitz

Thanks again.