Need Bowl Game Players!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jdrhammer, Dec 21, 2009.

1. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Need Bowl Game Players!!!

What's up guys? I was in this OD for all of a game. Sorry I couldn't keep up. My wife and I have a 2 wk old baby boy so the writing was on the wall as far as my free time goes. I was very impressed by the guys here and controllerabuser.

We took guys from other OD's to fill in as our bowl opponents last season and it was a great thing. It made Bowl games exciting. I know NDColts played me and I played Mr2Bits in the BfR. I'd appreciate any games you guys could play. One will be fine. It's basically just a chance to get in an online game with ly-skilled opponents to kind of add to the experience. It's kind of like getting some strange. lol

We're starting tonight and will be playing over the next couple days. I'd greatly appreciate any and all help.

I still have our thread at OS and it's titled something like PS3 SEC OD jdr/

We need fill-ins for Ohio St, Oregon St., Texas A&M, Iowa, Wake Forest, Nebraska, Colorado St., and Houston for those interested. Thanks. jdr

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Yeah, if you guys could help JDR out.. He is a good guy and I'd appreciate it!

3. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

I'll play....let me know when!

4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

JD I sent you a message on psn. I'll take Nebraksa or Iowa

5. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I'll link our OD thread just in case I can't coordinate well. I'll add everyone and be in touch. Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

From what I remember there are only a few differences:

Offense:

We don't user catch unless it is a corner route in the end zone a or jump ball in the end zone. The only other time it is ok is if a ball is tipped, deflected, or the qb gets hit and the ball floats. Then the O can attempt to user catch.

We only use Dual HB's in Shotgun formations.

Defense:

We allow Pass Commit but Run Commit is only allowed when it's a goal-line situation, very short yardage, or it's just desperation time. You guys helped me realize you don't need too much of this or the Aggressive playcalling. We're still working out kinks on this but Game Planning is allowed. We've turned the sliders up on the penalties so anyone going aggressive will likely be penalized more.

We require a 3-man Front on D at all times. 1-5-5 and such usually just blows up the backfield.

That's pretty much it as far as House Rules go. If you have anymore questions you can hit me at any place. Thanks again.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...-sec-od-jdr-plex-inag-prog-nkmi-ajtev-74.html

6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

yeah...run commit is mega cheese, even in goalline. The DT just blows up the QB every time.

7. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I could help out with Iowa, CSU or TAMU. Have used them all in dynasties. Iowa or CSU would be first choices to give your guys a game.

Mike

8. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I should be able to work something out. I'll try. I'd prefer to have someone with experience in playing with that team. I'll add you soon. Same name as here, I take it?

9. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I really don't even like the run-commit but some guys do like it and I just tried to keep it toned down. It kills the Play Action, totally. The only good thing is that you can burn it if they guess wrong and/or you know it's coming and you flip the run. I'd still rather do without it.

10. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

JDR, send the invite to h22apwrd95 - second account for overflow and screwed up dynasty invites

Mike

11. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

ok, I'll change it. So, you're saying I'm screwed up??? lol

12. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Ok. We're still working out scheduling with my guys too. I know I'll need someone around:

noon - 1 pm est on Wednesday. They will play South Carolina as Texas A&M.
    * South Carolina was the SEC runner up and I believe this is the Cotton Bowl. I believe ryty is scheduled here. I'll have to look again. I'll try to fit everyone in the best time-frame possible but try to keep them with the preferred team as well.

After 9 pm est

This will be Georgia vs Nebraska. I have Mr2bits scheduled here but if he doesn't think he can make the window, we can always try someone who can.

These are the only definite times as of right now. I'll update as I find out more. I'd love to knock these out by Wednesday night if at all possible.

I run with Ole Miss and I'll try to schedule someone as Oregon St. If anyone is interested, let me know. I'll be available most of the day or night Wednesday. Thanks again.

13. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

JDR, I will be available to play Wednesday night, hopefully.

14. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

We got the Georgia/Neb game in last night.

Still have:

Tennessee vs Ohio St.

Mississippit St. vs Iowa

We have a couple who may be busier than I thought over the holidays and may not be able to pull their end so I'll keep all of you updated today.

15. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Nah, two dynasties here both kept saying I retired week after week, so use the second name to straighten the problem out.

Mike

16. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

We're down to the final game for all the marbles. I've spoken with ryty and controllerabuser about possibly playing it. My guy should be on later tonight, around 10:30 cst. It's Sunday, btw. Thanks for everything guys. Hit me up later tonight if you see me on and I'll see if the spot is filled. Thanks again.