Need Coaches Help

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Hey guys im currently working on our Z2H History Books. I am wanting to do a really good job on this so in order to take some of the work off of me i am asking for each coaches help on this.
    Here is what I would like from each coach
    Please pm this to me
    • 1. Coaching history - where you started
    • 2. Your record from each year and accomplishments for that year.
    • 3. Maybe a small coach bio (IE: from the begining of your coaching career, what led you to your school and how things went from start up until now. (This is optional but would look really great if everyone done this.)
    • Your coaching goals short term and long term
    • Any other information you would like to be added to your bio section.
    Im looking at setting this up as sort of a wikipedia style history thread and we can update it each year. Since were closing in on year 5 i thought it was time to start some archiving.
    Thanks in advance and please feel free to throw out some ideas or discuss anything related to this here.
    Thanks again

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Here is an example of how ive done mine to start.

Coach Sabo - Sabo started his career at Arkansas State University. In his first season at ASU he led the team to a university record of 11-2. That year the Red Wolves won the Sun Belt Title and the New Orleans Bowl.
    Year 2 for the Red Wolves was a little less stellar as the Red Wolves finished 7-6. They took 2nd place in the Sun Belt Conference and appeared in the Little Ceasers Bowl where they fell to Texas A&M.

At the start of the 2012 season Coach Sabo moved to the Big 12 Conference to take over the reigns at Texas Tech. Coach Sabo would take the Red Raiders from the bottom of the Big 12 to a legit contender. The season would end with a Cotton Bowl appearance where the Red Raiders would take home the Cotton Bowl Crown.

Coaching History
    2010-11 - Arkansas State 11-2, Sun Belt Champs, New Orleans Bowl Champs.
    2011-12 - Arkansas State 7-6, Sun Belt Runner Up, Papa Johns Bowl Appearance.
    2012-13- Texas Tech 9-4, Cotton Bowl Champs

3. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

I know where to find like career stats on wins, losses, record against rivals and record against top 25. But where do you find year by year?

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I just traced our game summaries to find out

5. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Lets go fellas. Right now im only looking for this info from guys who have completed one season at z2h

6. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Jerry "The Rhinoceros" Bumpers

Year 2
    Northern Illinois Huskies
    11-3
    MAC Champion
    Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl (loss to Illinois)
    Final Rank: 41
    Coach of the Year Award

Year 3
    Northern Illinois Huskies
    11-3
    preseason rank: 63
    MAC Champion
    Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl (Win over Notre Dame)
    Final Rank: 28

Year 4
    Cal
    preseason rank: 54

7. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

CSBoiler05's Coaching Resume

Year 1 - Florida International Golden Panthers, CSBoiler05 lead the Golden Panthers to their first winning season in school history and winning seven games, while losing five, and finishing behind Arkansas State in the Sun Belt Conference.

Year 2 - Florida International Golden Panthers, CSBoiler05 lead the Golden Panthers to the another first in year two, and that was the schools' first conference championship, winning the Sun Belt Conference, and being invited to play in the New Orleans Bowl, where the Golden Panthers were beaten by a very talented East Carolina squad, FIU finished year two with a seven and six record.

Year 3 - UCLA Bruins, CSBoiler05 packed up his bags and moved out west to take over a struggling UCLA Bruins squad, in his first season, he was able to lead the Bruins back to the promise land, securing a PAC 10 Championship for his squad, and making it to the "Grand Daddy of them All" the RoseBowl. UCLA was up ended by the University of South Florida, despite a furious comeback by the Bruins. The Bruins finsihed the season with an overall record of nine and four.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.