need help

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by bcduggan, May 2, 2012.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I need to boot a guy from the dynasty I run. I have tried to get him to stop blatantly running up score but he won't listen to reason but that's not only reason I need to boot him. I want to be honest with him about why I am booting him but I need to know what is reasonable yards per completion both in real life and in game.

Thanks for the help.

2. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Here are the leading receivers from 2011: http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/yardsPerReception

Stephen Hill averaging 29 ypc is kind of flukey considering the offense he played in. He only had 28 rec and certainly saw some busted coverage along the way.

A good example of an extremely productive WR in a spread system is Patrick Edwards from Houston. He had 89 rec for 1,752 yds (19.7 ypc). Anything more than 20 or 21 ypc with more than a few catches is a stretch. If a guy has 70 catches with 32 ypc, he's definitely cheesing it up.

3. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Hey man if he doesn't wanna listen to your rules then he's not the kinda guy you want in your league. That's a plague and it will spread. Cut the head off the snake now. What we do on the first few random offenses is start benching players or giving sim losses. But if he's blowing you off and doing his own thing then boot his ass. I'm sure the staff will support you if he takes issue with it.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Well, the qb for user team in question is averaging 29 yards per completion on season. Last 2i games were 39 and 31 yards per completion respectively. His qb is only completing 50% of passes, but has over 3300 yards on 118 completions in 8 games.

I should have done something about it before this season but this season, year 5, he is worse than the year, year 2, he had Baylor and Rg3.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    What sliders are you using?

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Sliders

Heisman 8 min very slow 20 speed threshold

User/cpu

10/5
    45/40
    35/35
    50/85
    50/50

100/90
    75/80
    30/20
    20/10
    40/15

45/55
    30/30
    55/55
    35/45
    50/50

These are tweaks of matt10 heisman sliders from operation sports, also have incorporated tweaks, found on page 69 of thread there. Made other tweaks as well. Example: matt10 sliders had qba at 0, but in testing saw at least 3 passes made by user in a row during game sail out of bounds nowhere near receiver. Most in row was 8. With qba at 5 for user we found at least one play was broken. Lowered wr catch for user to help compensate for the qba being high. I know these sliders aren't "perfect" but they play really well with sim players.

I know his qb can throw, 93 ovr 92 thp 99 tha. His completion % and yards per completion tell me he is abusing the deep pass, most likely 4 verts. That all being said, 3 of the first 4 years he had qb who could throw, but he had completion % of no higher than 55%, with RG3. The year he had the bad qb, he threw better than the qb he had year 1. For comparison purposes, the user who in dynasty is probably best passer/game manager/reads coverages in this dynasty changed teams this year. He was at SDSU first 4 years, and was averaging 64-66% completions a game, he led nation in passing yards each year I believe. However, because of # of passes thrown/completed, he was usually around 15-17 yards a completion. He hardly throws deep, spreads ball around really well, most years 6 guys with 30+ catches with at least 2 with over 80 most seasons. His qb this year 81 ovr 82 thp 95 tha, He completion % is down to 61% and 16 yards a completion.

The guy I need to boot, he probably has run up score in 70-80% of his wins. This year 6 of his 8 wins he ran up score. His yards per completion by his starting qb by game this year range from 21.6-39.1. Last 2 games he was over 30 yards a completion. I should have taken care of this before this season, and I know I need to boot the guy, but the dilemna I have is currently in bcs standings we have a user who is #1, #4 and #6. The guy I need to boot is #4, I am #1 and the guy who is the best passer in dynasty is #6. Among the reasons I know I need to boot the guy is the #6 guy has practically refused to play him if game does happen in bowl game. Since I am #1, I don't want that to influence my decision on booting him. Based of remaining schedule I think #6 guy will ultimately pass #4 in polls and be #2 if all 3 of us are undefeated. Even though the team (2 different teams) I controlled won national championship last 2 years, I don't really care about winning bcs title again with an "elite" team(LSU).

7. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

I can guarantee his leading WR is a speed WR too.

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

His leading receiver is 82 ovr 95 spd 93 acc 98 route running 68 catch. That would explain the 7 drops the receiver has.
    He has 5 guys with over 10 catches but 3 average over 30 yds a catch.

My top 2 receivers are faster(98spd 99acc/95spd 99acc) and both are over 80s in catching but I get more out of them on short passes and jet sweeps than deep passes. Not saying I don't throw deep, I do throw deep, but it's a waste of time and effort to throw more than 2-3 passes deep a game.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  9. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Well in my experience if someone is taking advantage of the CPU in the passing game its on deep balls to speed WR or in the screen game. Whats his YAC look like?