Need Input...ALL READ PLEASE

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Mar 16, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK, Dru's NCAA11 disc was eaten by a small child this morning (his kids cracked it) so he's out for the remainder of 11. I am saving him a spot for NCAA12. Do you guys want to continue with 11 or should I try and find anther coach and let him know the situation, that he may not have a spot in next years game. Let me know your thoughts guys.

@Cheez
    @gowazzucougs
    @dakota7
    @JFace907
    @mboda
    @omega41
    @MexiRican35
    @whygodwhy1111
    @Jayrah
    @aarondramp

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I say we hold dru's spot for 12. If you can find someone as a temp, he'd basically be first on the waiting list for 12.

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

my preference is to leave the group set as is. Having 11 players is enough. The Big 12 has 3 players, but all 3 are in the same division, so they all to get to beat up each other. However, Texas does most of the beating up.

4. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Well if you are saving him a spot for NCAA 12 then we can roll with just 11.

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Yeah, i say just leave it at 11.

6. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

11 is fine with me.

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Unless anyone does not want to pay to be a premium member next year/does not wants join the league in 12, then we should probably just rock 11.

We might want to fold the big 12 entirely and just have the 3 users move out of it. It is tough to leave your players though, especailly since next season the roster is entirely players recruited. I am looking forward to moving texas to the wishbone, but currently I am not getting much enjoyment out of stomping teams and intentionally not scoring with my backups in for half the game. I should not have picked the Syracuse playbook :(.

Used copies of NCAA will probably be really cheap since the game loses all value the close we get to the 12 release. Dru might check his local craigslist.

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. Used copies of the game out my way are still in the neighborhood of $35-40 and with my money situation being what it is these days (I just shelled out nearly $8k to move cross country) I can't justify spending the money on a game I'll only play for another month or two anyway. I'll definitely be getting NCAA 2012 and will be looking forward to competing with this group come July.

I've got NBA2k11 and Dragon Age 2 to keep me occupied until then, so I'll be ok.:)

9. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I'm cool with whatever. I'm with WGW...if we need to fold the Big 12 to somehow mix things up then I would be fine with doing that, too. I don't know how everyone would want to do it, but next year the Big 10, Pac-10, ACC, and SEC will be the conference championship games so maybe we could roll with those and do either 2 or 3 conferences.

I wouldn't mind being OU next year either since they may be the preseason #1.

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I must confess i put about 50 hrs into DA2 last week. I have no idea why the user reviews are so low on that game.

11. Dru50

I like to 'get my nerd on' with a good roleplaying game when they come out. I remember the days of Baldur's Gate I and II (yes, I'm freaking old)and anytime Bioware puts out a new game I'm picking it up. I have barely played it, but looking forward to getting into it a bit.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We will going to a 2 conference set up in 12...Big 10 and Pac 10, like I had originally intended. Both will have championship games and we will fill them with 3 in each division.

As far as rest of this version goes, if you guys from the Big 12 want to jump ship and join the Big 10 and Pac 10, im all for. If you want to stay put and continue on with 11, im cool with that too. I know it would be hard to walk away from your teams and im not expecting you 3 to do that.

13. Dru50

I can tell you from playing in T3 (where they are currently in season 8) that I think a 2 conference setup is the way to go for NCAA 2012. Even with the 'improvements' to CPU recruiting and limiting scholarships for user teams, by seasons 6 and 7, the vast majority of CPU teams are just plain awful. Putting all users in 2 conferences would cause there to be fewer CPU games to play, and would allow there to be more talent in regions outside those conferences to get split amongst CPU teams.

For example, if you did a Pac 10/Big 10 setup, the schools in the Big 12/SEC/ACC would likely still get the lions share of the top recruits in the southeast (especially Florida and Georgia) and Texas for the first several seasons.

Another interesting setup in my mind is Big 10/SEC, since there are 3 bowl game tie-ins between those two conferences (similar to the Rose Bowl for the Pac 10/Big 10).

14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

My OD was a 2 conference set up and i loved it. It was Big 10/Big 12. Definitely a great time.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I agree...we can talk about which conferences to go with at some point. I just have to make sure I get UCLA somewhere (either here or maybe in the E-League, not sure which direction they are going). SEC/Big10 would be fun too.

16. aarondramp

I really am cool with whatever. I agree with WGW that it's a bit stagnant in the Big 12 right now, so I would be up for changing it up.

I wouldn't mind rolling over to USC if we do dissolve the Big 12.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If we get 5 in the pac 10 and 6 in the big 10, that would work...with the big 10 schedule, you would likely miss a user every year anyways. Like I said though, its up to WGW, Jayrah and yourself.

18. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

It will be interesting to see how EA handles the Big 10's scheduling in 12. I mean they couldn't get it right when there was only one division. Lord knows how much they'll screw it up when the Big 10 has two.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cheez

Im more than willing to move off of Illinois as well if we overload the Big 10. Not a problem at all.

20. Cheez

What they'll probably do is implement the current scheduling system from the Big XII into NCAA 12's scheduling system for the Big 10, and vice versa.

21. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

As much i love my Buckeyes and the Big 10, i just wish they would have adopted the Pac 10's theory when they let everyone add an additional non conference game. They said screw non conference, lets just make sure every Pac 10 school plays each other.

22. aarondramp

The Big 10 has different scheduling procedures for next year than the other 12 team conferences. They have a primary rival in the other division that they play every year and rotate the other 5.

23. aarondramp

I'm fine with it either way, so I'll leave it up to WGW and Jayrah.

24. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Looks like both my Big 12 foes wanna split. I am sad to say my A&M squad is going to be one heck of a team next year, and I will miss them. However....since a victory in season 1 and a constant jealousy issue, leading to accusations and suspensions in wake of "magic", I feel as if my true rival to this point has been from the Big 10 (no names, but he is made with velveeta), and I would be ecstatic to join him in conference in season 6 with the Minnesota Golden Gophers. And I definitely suggest we finish this season because I want one last shot at Texas!

For Dru: Saved spot. Let's run with 11, and nobody can take Michigan if that's who he wants to be for '12.

25. Dru50

I'm not a Michigan fan, took them because they were the only team that wasn't really hosed by 4 years of CPU recruiting.

I'm really a Pac 10 guy, but I don't have a favorite team per se. I went to UC Santa Barbara, where the closest thing we had to a major sport was ultimate frisbee.

I can find a team in any conference setup we go with.

If we went Pac-10, I wouldn't mind using USC, Utah or ASU. Recchem - if we end up using the Pac-10, any way we might think of replacing Colorado with BYU? That would make a ton of sense (keeping the 2 teams in a region setup from the conferences roots) and BYU is a more attractive team to play with anyway, IMO.

In the Big 10 I could use Michigan again or maybe Nebraska. In the SEC I'd be interested in trying to roll with either LSU/South Carolina/Miss St.