Need More Cowbell

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by broth262, Jun 12, 2012.

1. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Forum Glossary:

[​IMG]: Denotes Player Close-up

[​IMG]: Denotes Recruiting Update

[​IMG] : Denotes Game Recap

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Starkville, Mississippi- In a stunning turn of events that Mississippi State University Athletic Department announced today that Coach Broth will take over as the Head Coach effective July 10th. In a stunning turn of events it appeared that Coach Broth would be taking over the Maryland Terrapins but after Coach Edsall denied the rumors the Bulldogs swept in and took the highly regarded coach.

"Mississippi State is a place that I have always respected, I love the cowbell and the passion down here. SEC football is what it is all about. I want to come in here and not just beat that other team from Mississippi every year, but I want to beat every team in the country. I didn't come here to win games or be flashy. I came here to win championships, and that is exactly what we are going to do." said Coach Broth in his breif press-conference following the announcement.

Mississippi State is coming off of a season where they went 7-6 but won only one conference game. They also faired 0-4 against the Top 25. This is something that Coach Broth looks to change immediately. "I don't care if they are in the SEC, the ACC or the Big 10, we want to play them. We can play them here, or there, doesn't mater. To be the best you have to beat the best, and that is what we are going to do. Also I have an announcement for all the coaches listening out there, because every highschool player in Mississippi, is going to get familiar with Starkville, because no recruits are leaving this state."

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Tyler Russell QB #17
    Junior (RS)
    Wiggin, MS

[​IMG]

If Mississippi State is to be successful this season then it will come down to the Bulldog offense. More importantly, it will come down to the play of Tyler Russell. The offense that the Bulldogs run requires an athletic QB and that is exactly what they have with this redshirt junior. With decent speed, excellent size at 6'4" 220lb he can definitely carry the rock. Combine that with an experienced receiving corps touting four seniors and one junior and an athletic redshirt junior running back in Ladarius Perkins, the Bulldogs have an offense ready to win. If Russell can stay healthy this is an experienced enough offense with a solid amount of talent that could definitely surprise people in the SEC this season. If the Bulldog faithful are going to be ringing their cowbells at the SEC Championship game this season it is going to be on the back of Tyler Rusell.

4. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Ferlando Bohanna MLB #52
    Sophmore
    Memphis, TN
    [​IMG]
    Coach Broth has said that the key to his defense is an athletic MLB. That is exactly what he has in 6'0" 225lb Ferlando Bohanna. A consensus 3 Star linebacker entering his sophmore season is ready to play a key role in the Bulldog defense. Defense is something that has carried this team over the past decade and if the Bulldogs are going to have a successful season the defense is going to be key. After the release of the fall depth chart earlier today it was revealed that Bohanna will indeed be starting this season. It looks there may be some growing pains at the position, but if Bohanna can shake them off and play to his potential early in the season, this defense could easily be leading the SEC before too long.​

5. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    National Title!?​
    Starkville, MS- An amazing report is coming out of Mississippi today as the new head football coach at Mississippi State made quite the announcement. "Look I fully expect us to compete for a National Championship this year. This team has enough talent a tough enough schedule that it is well within our grasp. Will it be easy? Hell no! But can we do it, 100%. People are already counting us out saying that we will be in a fight to make it out of the cellar of the SEC West. If people want to overlook us that is fine, but when we are hoisting up that trophy in January, I'll be sitting here saying I told you so."​
    When asked to clarify on these comments, as to whether he was making a guarantee coach Broth responded with, "take what I said however you want to hear it. All I am saying is people better watch out. It's been 71 years since our last SEC title, and this school has never had a national title. The fans here deserve that, and this team is gonna give them both."​
    Whether Coach Broth has lost his mind, or if this team really can do it, we will find out in a couple of months as week 1 is right around the corner. We will have a season breakdown coming shortly and see if we can find a way that are Bulldogs will be ringing the cowbell come January and walking home with our first National Title. But I will say this Bulldog fans, I am excited to see what they come up with. Hail State!​

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  6. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Mississippi State 2012 Schedule
    @Duke-W
    Auburn-W
    Wisconsin (@trevorg234)*
    BYE
    @Michigan (@Redwings8831)*
    @Kentucky-W
    Tennessee-W
    Middle Tenessee State-W
    @Alabama*
    Texas A&M-W
    @LSU (@Drunkensoldier88)*
    Arkansas-W
    @Ole Miss-W

The Bulldogs have themselves a very difficult schedule. traveling to Ann Arbor will be no picnic, nor will hosting the Badgers. Nut after a home game against Middle Tennessee State is when the Bulldogs will be put to the test. Over that stretch they will face both members of last years National Title Game, and both games will be on the road. The key for the Bulldogs will be getting the wins they know they can get.

The way I see it the Bulldogs have a very good chance of getting 8 wins. The other 4 games are where the Bulldogs will decide and prove just how good they are. Are they National Title material? This schedule will certainly prove it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Bulldogs Stomp Out Devils Flame
    Durham, NC- After the recent comments made by Coach Broth at SEC media day, all eyes were on the Bulldogs. Most people don't think they are capable of a National Title like he does, but we were intrigued nonetheless. In the first game on their quest for the title they took on perennial ACC bottom dweller Duke. By the end of the first quarter we knew who the better team was. By the end of the second quarter, we were impressed.
    The Bulldogs jumped out to an early 14-0 lead. This came on the back of efficient offense and stellar defense. The Blue Devils didn't get their first 1st down in the game until late in the 2nd quarter. This gave the Bulldog offense a chance to take a commanding lead and that is what they did. In one half of football Mississippi State QB Tyler Russell went 15-19 for 255 yards 3TDs and 1INT. An astounding completion percentage of 78% to go along with his 233.2 passer rating and his one rushing touchdown.
    But it wasn't the offense that was the story, but rather the Bulldog defense that completely shut down a Blue Devil offense that is often considered the lone bright spot of the team. The Bulldogs held the Blue Devils to -13 rushing yards, forced two turnovers, and had 6 sacks. A dominating performance.
    At the half the Bulldogs led 35-7 as the Blue Devils scored a late TD. In the second half the Bulldog starters never came off the bench as the Bulldogs cruised to a 42-17 victory. Next up for the Bulldogs is a key early test for this team as they host the Auburn Tigers, a game we eagerly look forward to as the Bulldogs try to establish themselves as the best of west.

8. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Bulldogs Upset Auburn
    Mississippi St.-45
    Auburn Tigers- 26
    Starkville, MS- In the Bulldogs attempt to prove just how good they are, they had a golden opportunity, or better yet an auburn oppurtunity. The #22 ranked Auburn Tigers were travelling to Starkville to take on the unranked Bulldogs. After the teams went back and forth with 3 and outs during the first quarter, the Bulldogs shook off the butterflies and showed Auburn what they had to offer.
    In a little under 7 minutes in the 2nd quarter of today's game the Bulldogs outscored the Tigers 24-7. With this lead in hand it would require a hge Auburn turnaround to get back into this game. And while the Tigers would score 19 in the 2nd half, the Bulldogs would score 21. The game never really got close as every Auburn score was met with a Bulldogs score.
    Early in the 3rd quarter the Tigers scored quickly and it looked they had begun to figure out how to beat this Bulldog defense after scoring in a mere 1:27 into the 3rd quarter, drawing the game to a 24-14 mark. Then only 14 seconds later the Bulldogs struck back with a 67 yard run to take all of the momentum back from the Tigers.
    QB Tyler Russel continued his impressive campaign by completing 66% of his passes, throwing for 288yds, 1TD, 1 INT and also 30 rushing yards and 2 Rusing TD's. The Bulldog offense was firing on all cylinders again today as it raced up 467 yards of total offense with a critical 5-5 in the Redzone.
    While the Bulldog defense was not as impressive, they did it when it counted. In giving up 399 yards, the Bulldogs forced two turnovers and held the Tigers 0-2 on 2 point conversions and also coming up with a critical 4th down stop inside the Bulldogs own 5 yard line. The Bulldog defense has been big with turnovers this season, and that was eveident again today.
    Next week the Bulldogs have another big test as Big 10 foe, the #15 Wisconsin Badgers travel to Starkville to take on the Bulldogs. Game time is set for 7:30PM. Have your cowbells ready, and get ready for some good ole fashioned hard nosed football. I predict Bulldogs win in a shootout 45-38.

9. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

It's very possible that you'll win; in fact, I'd probably call you the favorite since I have no QB right now (O'Brien injured then a mass a fecal matter backing him up). But I don't see a combined 45 points being scored with the way these two teams can play defense. I'd predict something around 24-17 in favor of the Bulldogs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Thats what O'brien gets for transferring.

11. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Bulldogs Comeback to Upset Badgers
    #25 Mississippi St.-37
    #12 Wisconsin-20
    Starkville, MS- We predicted fireworks a week ago, and that is exactly what we got tonight. On Wisconsins opening possesion after returning the ball to the other side of the 50, they had a quick 3 and out. The Bulldogs then marched methodically down the field. The game had the makings of a blowout early. The Badger defense came up big on the drive however, and held the Bulldogs to 3 points. The Badgers would respond with 17 unanswered points as the Badgers took a comfortable 17-3 lead into half time in what some thought would be a convincing victory. The Bulldogs had other ideas.
    After a drive with some promise ran out of time before halftime, the Bulldogs were eager to take the field again. 27 seconds into the 3rd quarter and the Bulldogs answered with a 65 yard TD pass from Tyler Russell to Chris Smith who ran in and out of the Badger defense down the field. On the ensuing Badger possesion the Bulldogs intercepted a pass from the Badgers backup QB and took it back to the house for 6. On the next Badger possesion the Bulldogs again forced a turnover by stripping the ball from runningback Monte Ball, in what would be the only downside of Ball's impressive 117 yard 1 TD performance.
    The Badgers would tie the game late in the 4th, but the Bulldogs had all of the momentum. They answered the Badger FG with 2 TDs and a FG of their own to ice the game in the 4th quarter. Tyler Russell continued his Heisman like season with 262 yds 1TD and 3INT's, as well as 120 rushing yards and 2TDs on the ground. This impressive Bulldog attack accounted for 453 yards, and their defense was able to force an impressive 5 turnovers.
    This was a game of two halves. The Badgers dominated the first, but after taking a 17-3 lead, they were outscored the rest of the game 34-3. For the Badgers this is a blow to their otherwise impressive start to the season. The road doesn't get easier for them as after this bye week they head to Nebraska to take on the always dangerous Cornhuskers.
    Meanwhile the Bulldogs advance to 3-0 (1-0) and also have a bye next week before heading to the Big House to take on the #13 Michigan Wolverines. Coach Broth said at the beginning of the season that he expects a National Title, well so far the team is living up to the hype.

• Like Like x 1
  12. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Greatest Game Ever Played?
    #19 Mississippi State: 42​
    #16 Michigan: 38​
    Ann Arbor, MI- The first half of football had just ended and both teams were deadlocked at 28. The defenses couldn't make any stops, and the offenses were moving at will. It was through sheer determination that Mississippi State was in the game as the Wolverines had given them everything they could handle and more. It took two big plays, one an INT returned for a TD and a 72 yard TD pass to keep the Bulldogs in the game. When the second half started with a quick 3 and out, the Wolverines looked confident. "I was furious on the sidelines. We were getting beaten in every aspect of the game. My coaches had to keep remining me the game was tied because it sure as hell shouldn't have been" said Coach Broth.​
    In the second half the defenses awakened much to the chagrin of the two offenses. It wasn't until there was 2:17 left on the clock in the 3rd quarter that any points were scored in the second half, but they came on the defensive side of the ball. On a play action pass QB Tyler Russell looked right and through an INT that was returned 73 yards to paydirt. "Russell has been great for us all season, his only problem has been interceptions, very few of them have cost us anything, this one almost cost us the game" said Coach Broth.​
    In the 4th quarter the game got interesting. The Wolverine offense was starting to move the ball again, and they found themselves inside the Bulldog redzone. The Bulldog defense held firm holding the Wolverines to a FG. There was now only 4:48 remaining and the Wolverines had a 10 point lead. "I pulled the team together during the TV timeout and asked them if they wanted to win this game. I looked each of my player in the eye and told them we could do it if they wanted it. Take care of the ball and do your job, and we will win this thing."​
    But apparently not everyone was listening. On the very next play from scrimmage, the ball was thrown on a screen to the FB, and with a quick strip, the Wolverines had the ball back. The Bulldog defense came on the field and played with relentlessness. In 3 plays, the Wolverines lost 5 yards and were forced to punt. After the punt was downed inside the Bulldog 5 yard line, the had a long way to go to score.​
    "I grabbed Tyler and said this is what Heisman players do." Tyler Russell led the Bulldogs down the field completing pas after pass and capping the drive off with a 46 yard pass to Chris Bumphis. But this TD was not enough. The Bulldogs now trailed 38-35. After a failed onside kick there was now only 2:29 left and the Bulldogs had 2 TO's. After 3 plays the Wolverines had lost 7 yards and were again forced to punt. After another fabulous punt, the ball was downed inside the Bulldog 5 yard line.​
    Now with 97 yards of field in fron of them, the Bulldogs trailed by 3 with no timeouts remaining and 1:43 left on the clock. After moving the ball 51 yards only 4 plays, QB Tyler Russell got injured. The Bulldogs were now having to throw a QB who has played only a handful of plays all season into a 2 minute drill in the Big House. the situation could not have been anymore difficult for the true Freshman. After his first pass was incomplete he completed his next two for 27 yards, putting the Bulldogs into FG range. "It's an old football saying, at home you play for the tie, and on the road you play for the win, and that is exactly what we did."​
    The Bulldogs got gutsy on the next play by running a draw play with only 23 seconds remaining and timeouts, but it worked for 12 yards. RB Ledarius Perkins was injured on the play. So now facing 1st and Goal with 11 seconds left the starting QB and RB are not in the game. After a quick spike and then an incompletion on a fade route, the Bulldogs had 3rd and goal with 11 seconds. In comes Tyler Russell to save the day.​
    This TD was a part of an impressive offensive performance by the Bulldogs who accumulated 496 total yards. Tyler Russell threw for 370 yards, 3TDs and 2 INT's to go along with his 34 rushing yards.​
    With this loss the Wolverines fall to 1-3 on the year. Their next game they travel to Purdue to take on the 2-1 Boilermakers. Watch for Michigan to pounce back as they try and get on a run with back to back home games following Purdue against Illinois and rival Michigan State before heading back on the road to Nebraska.​
    For the 4-0(1-0) Bulldogs, they travel to Kentucky to take on the 2-2 Wildcats. After playing 3 straight ranked opponenets life gets easier for the Bulldogs until 10/27 when they travel to Alabama to play the currently #2 ranked team in the nation in the Alabama Crimson Tide.​

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  13. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Bulldogs Land First Commitment of 2013 Class
    Starkville, MS- After his unofficial visit to campus on Friday recruit Marcus Butler, 4 Star Free Safety from Addison Texas committed to the Bulldogs. He also was drawing interest from Arkansas, Auburn, and Texas A&M among others. This was a big commitment for the Bulldogs as Free Safety is one of the biggest weaknesses on the team.
    "Marcus is a talented kid that we are very happy to have on board. We don't know if he will start right away, we will have to get him in here and practicing before we can say anything like that, but he will definitely challenge for a starting job, that I am certain of. It's nice to get the recruiting rolling and we have some big games ahead of us when we have some talented guys coming in for their officials. I can't say who specifically, and for what games, but expect the momentum to pick up with our recruiting to go along with the excellent season we are having on the field. If we can get kids in here like Marcus, we will continue to be a force for years to come."

• Like Like x 1
  14. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Bulldogs Steamroll Kentucky
    Mississippi State-62
    Kentucky-19
    Lexington, KY- The Wildcats and their fans had upset on their mind when the #14 ranked Bulldogs came to town. On the rain soaked field the Wildcats thought they could contain QB Tyler Russell and the potent Bulldog offense. Through the first half, they had kept the game respectable trailing 28-19 with the ball lining up for a last second FG attempt. The field goal came up short and was returned 106 yards for a TD to give the Bulldogs a 35-19 halftime lead. This momentum would carry to the second half as the Bulldogs put up 41 unanswered points on their way to a 62-19 blowout.
    The Bulldog defense was dominant the whole game but especially so in the second half keeping the Wildcats completely off the board. The Bulldog Defense forced 5 turnovers and held the Wildcats to under 300 yards of total offense. More impressively, they held the Wildcat rushing attack to -26 yards on 16 carries. Adding with that 5 sacks and 15 tackles for loss, 5 of which came from Ferlando Bohanna.
    In one half of football QB Tyler Russell who again fought through injuries passed for 278 yards and 2 TDs, along with his 47 yards on the ground. The potent Bulldog attack in addition to their 62 points, accumulated 462 yards of total offense.
    Next up for the 5-0 (2-0) Bulldogs are the Tennessee Volunteers. The Bulldogs will look to lock up bowl eligibility as they continue on their run for an SEC Title.

• Like Like x 1
  15. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Bulldogs Escape With Win
    #7 Mississippi St-59
    Tennessee-36
    Starkville, MS- Occasionally a team will have a game where nothing goes right. The offense can't move the ball, the defense can't stop the opponents, and just about nothing goes right. That is what happened for the Bulldogs today. The only reason the Bulldogs were able to win was because of a magical performance by Senior Wide Reciever Arceto Clark. His 40 recieving yards were nice, but it was his 2 kickoff returns for TD's and his one FG return.
    When looking down the stats the teams are nearly even. 419 total yards to 418, 3 turnovers to 3 turnovers, T.O.P 16:35 to 15:25. Yet the score was so different. The Bulldog rushing attack was for the first time this season effectice racking up 208 yards and 2 TD's. QB Tyler Russell who had his worst performance of the season racked up 82 yards on the ground with 2 rushing TD's to go along with his 211 yards passing with 3TD's and 2INT's.
    "Arceto won us this game today, no doubt about it. When you return the opening kickoff for a Touchdown you set the modd for the whole game. Every time the team was struggling he came out with a big return. He averaged 12 yards on 2 punt returns, and 53 yards on 5 kick returns. That is amazing. He gave us great field position all day and was able to make big plays" said Coach broth following the game.
    The win advances the Bulldogs to 6-0 (3-0) on the season and they lock up bowl eligibility. The team has no intentions of stopping there. They have a quick break from conference play with Middle Tennessee State coming to Starkville next week. This was a big win for many reasons as the Bulldogs had many recruits on hand to watch the game, so hopefully we will see some commitments in the near future.

16. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Bulldos Blow Out MTSU
    Mississippi St.-63​
    MTSU-14​
    Starkville, MS- Some people this week talked about the Bulldogs walking into a trap game. With the Bulldogs heading on the road next week to face #1 Alabama, the Bulldogs could have easily overlooked the Blue Raiders of Middle Tennessee State. About 20 seconds into this game, there was little doubt that that was not going to be the case. The Bulldogs jumped up to a 14-0 lead and never looked back. With a halftime score of 35-7 the game seemed to be under control.
    On the opening kickoff of the second half Arceto Clark returned the kickoff for a TD for the 2nd game in a row and put the game completely out of reach as the Bulldogs coasted to a 63-14 victory. DEfensively the Bulldogs played with ferocity. Ferlando Bohanna led the onslaught with 3 of the Bulldogs 9 sacks. This onslaught injured 2 of the QB's for Middle Tennessee St.
    The Bulldog offense was impressive again as QB Tyler Russell in one half of football scored 4 TD's, two in the air and two on the ground to go along with his 207 yards of total offense. Backup running back RObinson had a tremendous game rushing for 109 yards and 3TD's, while starting running back Ladarius Perkins rushed for 106 yards and 2 TD's.

17. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Blake Hobbs Commits
    The Bulldogs recieved a committment from 3 star punter Blake Hobbs today. Hobbs who was on hand for the game against MTSU also had recieved and offer from Utah, while drawing interest from the USC Trojans and the Florida Gators among others. "People have asked me why we offered a punter when we already have one on scholarship. To that I respond that if you have a talented kid in state for a position that you will need filled soon, you take it. Blake will come in here and redshirt while learning the ropes and then for his redshirt freshman year he will be ready to go."
    Blake Hobbs who stands at 6'2" 215lbs is from Horn Lake, MS.

18. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    John Henry Commits
    Earlier this week the Bulldogs picked up a committment from one of their most coveted prospects 4 star DT John Henry out of Southside, Alabama. John Henry is 6'3" 325lbs with a mean streak, and is likely to come in and compete for the starting job at nose tackle. "When you switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 usually you have personnel issues" said Coach Broth, "John is a guy that is going to fix that. He is a big body that can come in and clog up the middle for us. I'm glad he decided to join the Bulldog family and I think we will have a great deal of success with him here."
    This bring the Bulldogs commitments to 3 on the season. Henry is the second 4 star recruit to commit for the Bulldogs.

19. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Bulldogs Comeback Falls Short, Lose To #1 Alabama
    Mississippi St.-50
    Alabama- 60
    Tuscaloosa, AL- 50 points, 916 yards of total offense, fewer penalties, more time of possesion, all recipes for success. Unfortunately for the Bulldogs they had a few major flaws. The Bulldogs went 2-6 in the Redzone, and turned the ball over 7 times on their way to their first loss of the season at the hands of the #1 ranked Crimson Tide.
    The Bulldogs trailed big heading into the the 4th quarter all seemed lost. QB Tyler Russell had been pulled for the game in favor of backup Dak Prescott. Prescott took the Bulldogs down the field for a quick TD. After the defense forced a stop the Bulldogs looked poised to score again. After Prescott took a hard hit, he was removed from the game in favor of QB Tyler Russell. Russell played great for most of the 4th quarter scoring 3 different times. But after pulling within 12 the Bulldogs had back to back drives end with interceptions inside the Crimson Tide 10 yard line.
    Russell with his 645 passing yards set a new single game record for the Bulldogs. "Look I'm happy for Tyler and that accomplishment, but a win is more important and we didn't play well enough to do that. It was like they had our playbook out there. They knew what we were running before we did both offensively and defensively. We can't mope because it doesn't get any easier" said Coach Broth after the loss.
    He is right as the Bulldogs play 3 straight ranked teams after this one starting with Texas A&M at home next week followed by a game in the Bayou.

20. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Bulldogs Bounce Back With Win
    Mississippi St.- 37
    Texas A&M- 24
    Starkville, MS- After suffering their first loss of the season last week, the Bulldogs looked to bounce back with a win in the friendly confines of Davis Wade Stadium. The Bulldogs fell behind early and looked sluggish throughout the whole 1st quarter. Trailing 10-7 early they roared back in the second quarter outscoring the Aggies 20-7.
    From that point on, the Aggies would keep on fighting but never could put a dent in the Bulldog lead. Led by Tyler Russel's 389 yd 3 TD air assault, which gave him the single season passing record at Mississippi State. With Ledarius Perkins 101yds rushing on the ground, the Bulldogs were able to keep the ball moving and run out the clock on any Aggie comeback bid.
    The Bulldogs next travel to the unfriendly confines of Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It what could decide the champion of the SEC West.

21. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Bulldogs Get Commit from ESPNU 150 DE
    Starkville, MS- Just before the Bulldogs game against the Texas A&M Aggies, Coach Broth received a commitment from Defensive End Keon Moore. This 6'1" 246lb DE from Peachtree, GA, drew interest from West Virginia and Iowa among others. His commitment alongside recent commit John Henry continues the momentum as well as the attempt to revamp the defensive line.
    "We are trying to add depth on both our offensive and defensive line. When you change schemes you need to change perssonel and trying to do that in one cycle is tough but so far we are having success. Keon is a nice addition to the team and we can't wait until he joins us in the fall."

22. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Russell Sets Mississippi State Passing Records
    Starkville, MS- Tyler Russell has thrown for 2,489 yards a Mississippi State single season record. The previous record set by Dave Marler in 1978 was 2,422 yards. Also in the loss to Alabama he shattered the single game passing record that previously stood at 466 yards, that was set in 1994, with his 645 passing yards. Russell has had a tremendous season and has been vital to the success of the Bulldogs this season. He finds himself in the thick of the Heisman voting.
    [​IMG]
    When asked about Tyler's season Coach Broth had this to say: "Tyler has been an important part of the team this season. Not just in his performance but in his leadership. He keeps the team fighting. We have been behind in a lot of ball games, but we find our way back into them. He is a tremendous player and a person, and this team will go as far as he takes us."

23. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Bulldogs Pick Up 2 Commits
    Starkville, MS- The Bulldogs today recieved two commitments to their 2013 class.4 star ESPNU 150 Athlete Aaron George from St. Martinville, Louisiana, joins 3 star MLB David Mayes. George comes in 6'2" 197lbs, so there are a few positions that he could play, so we await to see where the staff plays him, but we believe he will end up at either DB or WR. As for Mayes it looks like he will add some much needed depth to the linebacking corps. At 6'2 222lbs, it is likely that he will redshirt and sit on the bench until Ferlando Bohanna graduates.​
    Coach Broth could not be reached for comment as he was preparing for the teams showdown with #1 LSU​

24. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Bulldogs Title Chances Disappear With OT Loss
    Mississippi St.-48
    LSU-51
    Baton Rouge, LA- The rain had been coming down all night as these to SEC West powerhouses exchanged blows up and down the field, it was no surprise that this game needed an extra period to decide who would win.
    After recieveing the opening kickoff the much proclaimed Bulldog offense took the field and moved the ball with little difficulty. After getting into LSU territory, the drive stalled and the Bulldogs were forced to kick. After a quick stop of LSU's offense, the Bulldogs drive again stalled and they were forced to kick. "We have had trouble punching the ball in all season" said Coach Broth "it is something that we keep working on but just havent figured out." The Tigers on the ensuing possesion pushed the ball deep into Bulldog territory, but made a costly mistake and threw an INT in the endzone. With the ball again the Bulldogs drove down the field. The stadium was quiet as the Bulldogs looked to add a touchdown.
    After getting within 10 yards of the goalline the Bulldogs drive again stalled, but this time they went with a fake FG, and scored an easy 25 yard TD. "We gave Coach Miles a taste of his own medicine. We were looking at 3 straight drives inside the 20 and only getting 9 points, that is unacceptable, we needed a big play, so we went with it and got it." The effect on the momentum was not as big as one might have expected. After taking a 13-0 lead, LSU came back with 2 scores of their own to take a 14-13 lead. With a FG with 26 seconds remaining in the half the Bulldogs took 16-14 halftime lead.
    On the first possesion of the second half, LSU made another mistake throwing an INT to SS Watson that was returned for 6, giving the Bulldogs a 23-14 lead. After exchanging a pair of touchdowns, the score stood at 30-21. At this point the tide was starting to turn as the Bulldogs were having less and less success at stopping the potent Tiger ground game.
    The Tigers would score 3 straight TD's to give themselves a commanding lead at 42-30 and all hope seemed lost for the Bulldogs. The Tigers were running the ball with little difficulty, so all they had to do was run out the clock and the game was theres. After a quick 52 yard scamper by running back Ladarius Perkins, new life was instilled in this Bulldog team, that forced a quick stop and again scored a TD with a succesful 2 point conversion giving the Bulldogs a 45-42 lead with only 3:31 remaining.
    The Tigers would slowly drive down the field but after reaching the Redzone, the Bulldog defense held them to a FG. Now with 45-45 tie and 1:22 on the clock the Bulldogs and Heisman hopeful QB Tyler Russell looked to do what they had done so many times, have a game winning drive. The Bulldogs moved the ball quickly to the 50 yard line, withing striking distance of FG range, but with a key sack and a key dropped pass on 2nd and 3rd down, the Bulldogs could do no more and the game would go to OT.
    In OT the Bulldogs were again sacked, a problem all day for the team as Russel was put on his back a season high 7 times. After regaining the yards the Bulldogs settled for a FG. In one OT period the game was summed up, a sack killed a Bulldog drive in enemy territory, and LSU running back Spencer Ware ran untouched for a score on the first play from scrimmage to cap off his 4 TD 272 yd rushing performance.

• Like Like x 2
  25. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Coach Broth Away From Team
    Starkville, MS- We have just been informed that Coach Broth will be away from the team for the remainder of the season. Following their overtime loss to LSU, Coach broth experienced some personal issues that have not been relayed to the media. He informed the players prior to his departure. The team did not respond well to the news as they were recently defeated by the Arkansas Razorbacks in their worst loss of the season. When we find more information we will inform you, but Coach Broth is expected to be back soon.