Need Some Help and Participation from Everyone

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by kdpnutter, Sep 1, 2012.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

What I need is for User vs. User stats, what I am looking for is for people to run games using the following settings and leave the feedback here with the stats from the guy. I want to get the best settings for us possible and this is where I need help from people.

1. All-Pro 10 min quarters 15 second accel clock Game speed Slow 30 threshold
    2. All-Pro 10 min quarters 20 second accel clock Game Speed Slow 15 Threshold
    3. All-Pro 10 min quarters 15 second accel clock Game Speed Normal 30 Threshold
    4. All-Pro 10 min quarters 20 second accel clock Game Speed Normal 15 Threshold

This is to give me some data to compare and contract things to get the best settings possible for us. I really need everyone's help with this. I am ideally looking for about 60 plays per game each side roughly and need a pretty good balance on offense, 60/40 is fine but as close to a balanced offense would be great.

When you complete a game please leave stats here and let me know what settings you have used, I'm looking for 5-6 games on each setting. (y)

Fast Feet Pete
    Bryce Rogers
    Aspect1
    MS8403
    SFRANGER6969
    MartyBall101
    LB Fitted
    iBleedOrange247
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    Snozberriez8198
    RRAHx2
    kdpnutter
    Matthew Keves
    Makoewler13
    RichFire956
    SmashMouthFB33
    nellycuz
    SunofGod5
    The Rulah
    CTfromDC
    Drama84
    Boman5
    Elemnt
    gerg
    sschevyridah
    hugezombie
    GDip
    RadarRider
    Selvy9
    Sarvinator
    oneshot24

2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

IM ONLINE NOW IF ANYONE WANT TO TEST
    2. All-Pro 10 min quarters 20 second accel clock Game Speed Slow 15 Threshold

Not really intrerested in running a normal speed
    send a inv

3. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

next time i play will do

4. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

5. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

This is what I use in my CCM and I love it.. I think this is the best setting IMO, but I will still test the others for ya and leave feedback when I get a chance.

• Like Like x 2
  6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I understand not being interested in it, but with the speed threshold low it is actually supposed to balance it out so that is why I need people to test it out so I would appreciate if you at least try it and not just completely rule it out (y)

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

All Pro 10 min q, 15 second accel clock, Slow, Threshold 30

Rams vs. Ravens

Game Time: 48 minutes

Stats:
    Ravens Passing 29 attempts
    Ravens Runs 24 attempts
    Ravens Total Offense 357

St. Louis Passing 24 attempts
    St Louis Rushing 18 attempts
    Rams Total Offense 268

I ideally want to give teams around 60 plays a game, now I was close with 53 plays, Rams had 42 so the discrepancy wasn't that bad, I felt the speed overall was okay and not too fast or to slow.

FYI NFC West, good luck with Stephen Jackson dude is a beast to try and take down.

GG SmashMouthFB33 appreciate the help, and can I get your thoughts and opinions on the game? Settings wise that is and play number and all that. (y)

8. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Everything seemed pretty good overall...the speed of the game was good in my opinion...play number can be a little deceiving in my opinion because I felt like I had my opportunities I just didn't capitalize when I had the ball...threw three picks and that has nothing to do with the game...you had more sustained drives than I did so that helped your play total. I liked it...not sure this helps...I will say that I like threshold 30 better than 15

GG kdpnutter...I will continue to improve and PM with anything you think I might be doing that is against the rules please!!

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Will do, I don't think I spotted anything against the rules I'll just pass along some suggestions to try and help you out a little bit but thanks for the feedback (y)

10. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

I will try and test these out today. Normal game speed just doesn't feel right to me, so I'll work on trying out the other two.

11. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I realize some don't like some other settings but I need them to be tested to see in regards to it. It is for a good reason I am testing each of them out for the feel of all of them and trying to get some finalized settings and some have said they feel that normal speed with a low threshold speed works well so I need people to test this out. Just as the clock speed and things I just need them tested it doesn't mean they will be sticking around. (y)

12. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

Haven't tested them all yet but I prefer option #2 thus far. Possibly option #4 as well. In regards to game speed - when playing someone with whom you have a good connection slow seems to be the way to go. However, when you are stuck in a laggy game, slow almost makes the game feel like slow motion. I prefer the 20 second accel clock versus 15 because if the ball is not staying in bounds or there are a lot of incompletions the game will seem to go on forever lol... And the longer the game goes in real time the higher the chance that either player will be randomly disconnected from EA's servers which myself and others have been noticing.

13. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

15 second takes the play clock down to 15 seconds, the 20 takes it down to 20 so the 15 makes it faster (y)

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Baltimore Ravens vs. New York Giants

Final Score
    Ravens 45
    Giants 28

Ravens Total Offense: 458
    Giants Total Offense: 384

New York Giants Offensive Plays
    Giants Passing 33 passing attempts
    Giants Rushing 12 rushing attempts

55 plays

Baltimore Ravens Offensive Plays
    Baltimore Pass 18 passing attempts
    Baltimore Rushing 22 rushing attempts

Game Time: 47 minutes

Settings
    All-Pro
    10 min, 15 sec accel clock
    Slow, Speed threshold 0.

GG RadarRider overall settings were pretty good did not see a big issue with it at all, game ran pretty smoothly.

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Ravens vs. Bears

Settings: All-Pro, 10 min, 15 second accel clock, Speed Slow, Threshold 0

Final Score
    Ravens 28
    Bears 24

Stats:

Bears Total Offensive: 323 yards
    Ravens Total Offensive: 333 yards

Ravens Pass Attempts: 18
    Ravens Rushing Attempts 22

Total Plays: 40

Bears Rushing Attempts: 26
    Bears Passing Attempts: 19

Total Plays: 45

First Downs:
    Ravens 8
    Bears 11

Rushing Yards:
    Bears 153
    Ravens: 100

Passing Yards:
    Ravens 233
    Bears 170

Time of Possession:
    Bears 27:38
    Ravens 12:22

Overall I am feeling better and better about this set of settings and sliders, as I felt both teams had an equal chance with the Bears, the Bears had two really long consuming drives and a couple of mine I hit a few big plays, I wasn't happy with my run game after Ray Rice got hurt with a Broken Collarbone in the blizzard. Overall since I have 0 stats from others this appears to be the settings that we will run on.

GG GDip besides the couple big plays I had, I felt it played pretty even across the board giving both sides pretty much two possessions a quarter except for the really long drive you had which ate up a lot of clock but gave fair opportunity to both to win the game. (y)

16. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I honestly could use people's help in this department and post some stats, because otherwise, when I leave the settings at this after having been the only one to try any different settings and no one giving me different data to go off of, then we will go with what I deem is best as myself and RadarRider both have agreed on these are pretty solid in our minds but we are trying to give you the chance to find a set that will work well for you but without any feedback then we will go with what I have presented here.

It takes maybe 5 mins to post stats after a game guys, please help me out here because it's just like presidential elections, if you don't vote, then you got no right to bitch if you don't like them (y)

Fast Feet Pete
    Bryce Rogers
    Aspect1
    MS8403
    SFRANGER6969
    MartyBall101
    LB Fitted
    NateDawg
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    Snozberriez8198
    RRAHx2
    kdpnutter
    Matthew Keves
    Makoewler13
    RichFire956
    SmashMouthFB33
    nellycuz
    SunofGod5
    The Rulah
    CTfromDC
    Drama84
    Boman5
    Elemnt
    gerg
    sschevyridah
    hugezombie
    GDip
    RadarRider
    Selvy9
    Sarvinator
    oneshot24

17. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

i havent gotten to play anyone yet unfortunately

18. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Just gotta let people know when your on and if you want to play because a lot of us have played each other, just gotta let people know when your available (y)

19. GDip

GDip Walk On

LB Fitted, I saw you challenged me to a game just as I started my game with kdpnutter.

as for the games settings, i agree that they felt just fine. The game wasn't too fast and it wasn't too slow, with both of us using a good chunk of pass/run. Overall, probably the best user game I've been a part of to date. I still think their needs to be some way to make INT's less-easy. I point to that INT by Julius Peppers over his head with the back to the QB. But it's much better than NCAA in that respect, so I guess I can't expect everything to be perfect:)

20. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

no problem!

21. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

That seems a little light on the amount of plays...I think the average NFL team runs about 63 plays/gm. So you guys ran about 2/3 of that, but you were also relatively run-heavy for this day's NFL.

22. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

It was more run heavy, also the long two drives he had chewed up a lot of clock so that took a lot of the plays away, if others feel that the 15 second run off is not enough time in the game we can go back to 20 if that works better for people. That's why I was asking people to attempt the different settings so I can get a feel for what works best for us.

23. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

I like the 15.

24. Fast Feet Pete

Fast Feet Pete Walk On

Iv'e been playing games with others through Madden's Community of Rookie Symposium which has the default settings. I havent had any complaints about gameplay or stats. Our stats on both sides have been pretty realistic thus far.

25. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Default settings for the community is 15 sec accel clock, 10 min quarters, All-Pro, Slow speed, 0 threshold