Need some input

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Hey guys i was wanting to know some feelings on the sliders were using now. Since were about to close out year 3 I felt that if there were any slider settings that could be adjusted we could start up the discussion.

Here are some things i personally have noticed the last 4-5 games.

1. Cpu qb accuracy - for me the qb accuracy is impossible to stop. In the last few games the cpu is completing all but maybe 3-5 passes a game.
    2. Cpu pass rush - I have also noticed that i have literelly no time to pass the ball. Everything seems to be in a hurry up fashion.
    3. For me personally it seems as if the cpu is very inconsistant as far as what cpu you may be facing. For example one week the cpu may play to a teams skill level and the very next week a team with a sub par skill level can play with a national champion skill level.

Take in account these observations may be because my team sucks but its seems to me my last few games have really been no fun because i have no way to keep the cpu from putting up 35 plus points a game. Also it seems to me as if the cpu can score at will with little or no resistance from me.

Please discuss. If my observations are wrong and noone else is having issues please feel free to tell me to stfu lol

2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I have faced the same problem with the cpu accuracy in passing. That is why I have sent a lot more blitzes than I usually do because sitting back in a zone usually got be roasted at the beginning of the year. I wouldn't mind toning it down a bit, but if no one else has this issue I also wouldn't mind keeping it as is. It's given my the opportunity to try out a lot more blitzes that I usually don't do, really opened up my defensive play calling to be honest.

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Are you having any trouble with pass protection? It seems for me that my qb is getting no time to pass. My O line may suck too though lol

4. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Pass protection really hasnt been an issue other than pressure coming right thru the middle, but thats because my center is horrible so Ive adjusted to that..its not too bad, i would think that the qb accuracy would be a greater concern.

5. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

I think the sliders are much improved over last year. And the fact that there's three users in title contention with rebuilding teams right now tells me that we don't need to be making the sliders any easier.

The CPU QB is still ridiculously accurate. A good defensive game for me is if I hold the CPU to 19 of 22 for under 200 yards. But I haven't had any problem stopping the CPU from running except during one game. I think the CPU run game is too weak.

But I have to be honest, I'm in no mood to test sliders again. I did a lot of testing last season and no one really cared. No one even tried out the sliders I suggested. And judging by the complete lack of interest we had last year in testing sliders, I'd suggest we keep what we have.

6. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

all very valid points bro. Im not looking to make major changes due to past experience with lack of interest on testing. I was really only looking to see if anyone thought anything needed to be tweaked at all.

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

I think we should tone down QB accuracy and make it easier for the CPU to run

8. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Ill see what tweaks would be good

9. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

+1, also what is our speed threshold at, been getting caught from behind on the option from de's who bite on the fake, no real big issue as I will probably be moving to the RNS offense once my mobile QB's graduated.

10. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

should the threshold be lowered ?
    I think the threshold now is 40 or 45

11. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

I think having the speed threshold to as close to 0 as possible is best. One reason I haven't lost is that the faster teams, like WVU, I play can't really run away from me like they should.

12. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

PS- I agree we shouldn't make it too much easier because we do have so many rebuilding programs making serious BCS runs.

13. bdub

bdub Walk On

I think the sliders need to be harder. I agree we should make the speed threshold near zero as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.