Never Forget. 9/11/01

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by BDSDIGITAL, Sep 11, 2010.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Never Forget. 9/11/01

Earlier this morning I was laying in bed and remembered what today was, and I kind of went back and reflected on where I was, what I felt, what I thought about that day.

I thought it would be interesting to share, and read what everyone else was doing when it all went down, and what you felt and what you thought.

I was at home getting ready for work. At the time I worked for Airborne Express (now DHL) in Columbus. I was listening to Howard Stern actually when the first plane hit, and I remember looking out the window and thinking, wtf? It was a perfect, and I mean a perfect morning. It was in the low 70's and not a cloud in the sky. But I kinda went on about my business not really knowing what to make of it, until the 2nd plane hit. My stomach just dropped. At that point it was obvious what was going on.

I still worked that day (assholes!) although every other business on my route was closed. So I sat in my delivery van all day listening to the news which was on every channel I think. I remember being really confused by all of the conflicting reports through out the day. It really seemed like no one knew exactly what was going on and rumors/reports were just going all over the place.

I remember going home and just sitting in front of the tv for about 4 hours that night in dis belief at the scene at ground zero. The image of the pile of rubble sitting there, with spot lights glowing in the dark is maybe the most erie image I've ever seen in my life.

I'll never forget that day as long as I live.

2. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I was living in Montclair, Nj at the time wife my(then GF) & I had the day off. I wake up & turn on the local news the just to see what nonsense was always going on in NYC. I turned to FOX 5 NY & see the smoke coming from the 1st tower. I'm like WTF is this. Then I'm hearing all the reports & I'm like you got to be fucking kidding me. My cell phone rings & its my little brother screaming on the phone saying "Bar, where are you?" I said "J, calm down I'm home, I'm off today." He said "Thank God. I'll call mom & let her know. She's going crazy thinking you are at work. She's been trying to call your cell for an hr, but you didn't pick up." I ask him What about Ricky(our cousin who worked @ American Express in 1 of the towers)? He said "Oh shit." I said "I'll call Aunt Diana & try his cell phone to see whats up." Call my Aunt. & she going crazy. She can't get in contact with him. American Express phone lines are down. Her other sons(18, 15, 14 yrs old @ the time)are trying to keep her calm, but I speak to the 18 yr old & I can tell he's on the verge of tears. I tell him "Its gonna be ok. I'm sure Rick is fine. We will get in contact with him." So I try Rick's cell phone & no answer. For 4 hrs I kept trying & still no answer. Finally my phone rings & its Rick. He left his phone on his desk. He said that morning 1 of his friends came to his desk & asked if he wanted to go grab something to eat b4 they started working. He wasn't gonna go, but he said he grab some juice & a donut & enjoy the weather for a little bit b4 he gets down to working. They are standing @ the donut cart about to blocks from the 1st Tower & his boy looks up & see the plane & says "That plane looks like its about to crash in our building." Rick looks up & the plane crashes into the building. He said he seen that & they moved back a few more blocks & then the 2nd plane hit. Thats when he said he should try to get out of the city because he knew then & there that New York was under attack.

Sitting here watching the people who lost some1 in these attacks, my daughter asks me "Why are they reading names?" She is to young to know is what I told her & I will tell her once she is old enough. I will never forget this day.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I was sitting in my cube in office in Maitland, FL. I got an IM from a good friend of mine who worked there but was working from home. I can still see the IM....."Go turn on the TV in the breakroom, something is happening in NYC." I go in there and a couple of people are also making their way in there. When we turned on the Today show their was smoke pouring out of the first tower and then we saw the second plane hit. Everyone was sitting there in disbelief, some of the people had friends or family up there that they couldn't get a hold of. It was a deafening silence in that break room that day and I can still see every person just staring at the TV. Our CEO told everyone to go home and be with their families if they wanted. I went home and watched the news with my fiancé the entire day. I'll never forget that day as long as I live.

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I was sleeping since i was working 3rd shift. I fell asleep with the tv on and i remember waking up and seeing it on the tv. It didn't set it since i felll back to sleep. When i woke up i still didn't realize what happened. I talked to a buddy and told him i had the most f'd up dream and he told me it wasn't a dream. I then realized that one of my buddies who i talk to about once a month worked there. Of course tried to call but didn't get and answer with the way the phones were there. I still miss him to this day RIP buddy and everyone who lost their life that dreadful day

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I was in high school and honestly didn't really care. All I remember is that our history class turned into "Al-Qaeda" education for the rest of the school year. Who would of thought within the next ten years I am considered a war veteran?

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I was living in LA at time and had the news on while getting ready for work. I remember seeing the first plane hit and wondering if I had inadvertently put on a movie channel, it didn't click to me until the 2nd plane hit. I yelled for my wife to come to the tv since this was evidently big.

I went to the office (since I wasn't sure entirely what was going on at that point), and after about an hour of everyone standing around trying to get news, the CFO pulled everyone into the conference room to watch the CNN coverage. For the next 4 hours barely anyone spoke, it was too surreal.

I hope nobody ever forgets that day, and god bless the brave FDNY, NYPD and all the others who worked to rescue people and rebuild after that tragedy.

7. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I was in 6th grade and i had no idea what had happened. My parents came and got me out of school because they had no idea what would happen next. I remember thinking this is cool i get out of school early but then my parents told me what had happened. Very sad day and also a very proud day for me since i saw how all the people in America came together no matter what race or religion. I will NEVER forget what those bastards did and I will NEVER forget those who lost their lives and i will never forget the firemen and policemen and soldiers who were heroes in my eyes. GOD BLESS AMERICA THE GREATEST LAND THEIR IS.

GO USA!

8. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

To be honest I fell asleep to ESPN like I did a lot back then, and they run SportsCenter all night on a loop, so I woke up, showered got dressed and went to work unaware of what happened. In the car I was listening to some random CD so I went into the breakroom like any other day, got some coffee because being in California it was early, turned on the TV and kept turning the channels, but they all had the same thing on every channel, I was like whatever, sat down and was like who the hell flies an airplane into a big ass building? Then nearly swallowed my tongue as the second plane hit, my boss was from NYC and had to be calmed down because her daughter worked in one of those buildings. I remember the look on her face as she instantly collapsed. Luckily her daughter was ill that morning, didnt go to work. As I left work I contemplated what happened, being in Calif there is at times a east coast-west coast kind of rivalry thing about everything from music to football. I could say that day I realized that all of us being Americans unites us in a way and in a way that day taught it to our generation. I thank all of you who serve our country and fight for the freedoms all Americans enjoy. And a prayer to all who lost loved ones that day. Never forget

9. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I was going into work that day and the 1st plane hit as i was going to work, by the time the 2nd plane hit I knew it was serious. I was working out of Fort Polk and my office and staff were just glued to the TV when i walked in. They asked me if i Heard what happened and i told them "I heard about the 1st plane and heard the 2nd one hit when i turned off the engine". We tried to get some work done but that wasn't happening, so i sent everyone home. I was the only one in the office all day as i did the job of 6 people, so that work wasn't going to be backed up the next day, course tomorrow turned into next week (i was still the only one to go in every day of that week). I didn't have anyone i knew in NY. My heart and prayers went to all of the families that lost loved ones.

and after it came out as to who was responsible, you don't even want to know how i feel about that (and still do to this day).

In case you wonder why I stayed to work that week, I work to get things off my mind, other wise it won't get done.

There are 2 dates that stick out in my mind: December 7th 1941 (lost a Uncle in Pearl Harbor) & September 11th 2001

God Bless The USA!

10. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

I was sitting on the coach eating chocolate pop tarts for breakfast. getting ready for school when i flipped to the news, and the said a plane had ran into a building and i remember telling my mom, "how the hell do u run into a building like that?" I didnt really think much of it and i was going to be late for class. i remember getting to class and we watched the news for the first 10 mins and thats when the 2nd plane hit. I remember watching it move right to left and crash into the building. i was so confused/awestruck, that i couldn't believe what i was seeing. later that day at football practice i was playing center and had to be rushed to the hospital as i landed on the field's irrigation system. it was definitely one hell of a day.

11. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I remember walking into social studies class about to do some american history lesson when my teacher said instead of learning about history today we were going to watch history in the making. I remember him saying how this will be in history books forever, in much the same way Pearl Harbor is. I thought 'wow, this is just crazy' as we all talked about it in class.

I, like many others, was completely dumbfounded watching the first tower up in smoke and, like many others, watched in horror as the second plane came around and flew right into the second tower.

It was amazing seeing how everyone reacted. At first everyones unsure whats going on, if its an accident or an attack or what and then the second comes and it hits everyone and you're just like, oh... my... god.

[YOUTUBE]ruNrdmjcNTc[/YOUTUBE]