New $800 Million UNLV Stadium

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Iron Mickey, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A proposed 60,000-seat stadium built primarily for UNLV football and other "mega events" could include a 100-yard video board. As reported by Paul Takahashi of the Las Vegas Sun, project planners are proposing the world's largest video screen as the centerpiece of the $800 million "UNLV Now" project. The previous holder of that award, hung above Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, measured 60 yards wide. Project spokesman Craig Cavileer said the video board would be visible from 80 percent of the stadium's seats. When asked if such a monstrous board is necessary for watching UNLV football, Cavileer gave a prototypical Vegas-centric answer:

"When Vegas puts on a show, people expect something amazing," Cavileer said. "People are going to expect an over-the-top facility. (UNLV Now) should be phenomenal and iconic."

The stadium, scheduled for completion in 2017, features a retractable roof, two clubs, six 300-seat mega-suites, and more than 50 standard suites. While the stadium is being built primarily for UNLV football, organizers hope to bring in additional events, much like Dallas has done with the new Cowboys Stadium.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Suck it Jerry!

• Like Like x 1
  3. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I can't even imagine making it out alive for a final four in Vegas

4. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

It's a good thing that TV will be so large for UNLV's home games. So that it'll be clearer to see why that football program isn't relevant to all their fans.

5. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

That is crazy.. IDK how much my schools new football stadium was but I know they are loving my out of state tuition.. And will for another two semesters!!