New Activity Incentive Program

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CoachWest, Nov 14, 2010.

1. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Hey Guys, here is a Rough Draft of that Incentive Program. I would love to develop more cards but I want to mess with things like the cap due to owner movement. Tell me what you think :)

Points Accumulation-

Johnny on the Spot – Schedule your game on the thread within 36 hours of advance 8 weeks in a row. (Value 5 Points)

Scoop to the presses – Post a game recap within 24 hours of the finish of your game (Whether you Win or Lose) 8 weeks in a row. Game Recap must include – Key Moments, Supporting Statistics, and sign of sportsmanship. (Value 5 points)

Over Achiever – Contribute extra unsolicited content once a calendar week for the duration of the Regular Season (Board membership responsibilities included). (Value 10 Points) (Limit 2 separate Contributions)

Share the Love – Support league contributions actively on a thread once a regular season week for duration of Regular Season. (Value 10 Points) (Approved Contributed Content will be marked, limit 2 different contribution threads)

I am an Insider – Post acknowledgement in all league related posts for the regular season including Opinions, Updates, Votes, etc.. All the posts will have a *League Related Content* in the title for immediate recognition (Value 10 Points)

Cards to Buy

Accident Forgiveness- Cut any player within 4 weeks of signing with no cap hit. (After week one). Cost 10 points

Loyalty Player – Any player over 30 that loses the starter position relative to modifiers can reduce his modifier to the backup position. (Limit one per season). Cost 15 Points

Cutting the Fat – Any player under 80 ovr can be cut with no cap penalty. Cost 10 Points

Delayed Potential – Use the previous ovr during offseason trading for one player. (Limit one per season). Cost 15 points

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Interesting. I like the fact that you sort of named them like trophies from PSN.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I will say that if this were to go in, that we'd have to be more specific on these rules. For example, what is a "sign of sportsmanship"? And also, what is "share the love"? Is it like people posting when I do Buckman's Big Board?

Just questions that we need to answer here.

4. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Yeah, thats why I had the approved content tag in the title to prevent confusion. I figure it would be things like, being involved in the pod cast, Being active in the betting, etc... Something that takes effort. Also I will have a thread open for them to submit the links and I will check and approve it.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, right now, doing a podcast would be an improvement. lol

6. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

i like the idea but i would like it better if someone came up with it besides u west!!

7. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I have to say that as long is you're down to track it, this looks like an awesome idea

8. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Show the Love Mik... Win you were asking for an example of sportsmanship, What Mik did was the opposite ;) lol, But I still love him.... I know its tough getting your arse kicked by the raiders every other day

9. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

West, love the plan - I will be willing to help track it (as part of my job is scheduling/recap enforcement). We just need to tie up a few loose ends and make things specific and we can roll this out to the public.

10. BadaBing319

Also, wanted to point something out. I know some comments have been made that "these are the expectations of the league - why are we rewarding owners for doing what they are supposed to?" We are simply putting incentives out for these things to reward owners for doing their part to make our league better. In my opinion, there's no problem with giving people more motivation to do their job. The more participation we promote, the better.

That being said, when we roll these out, we need to make sure that it is made clear that the expectations are the same - everything is still required. We could perhaps implement some penalties for those that do not meet the weekly requirements. What about mandated player suspensions? Perhaps one warning for each infraction (scheduling, no recap) with a mandatory player suspension for a second infraction. Since we are already keeping track of this stuff, we can keep track of both positive and negatives in the same place...

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, now we are getting too complicated. My suggestion would be very simple: any non-post not only gets a warning, but take a single point away from their total amount of points for cards. That way consistency is rewarded, but infractions are penalized severely as well, considering it takes EIGHT weeks in a row to get 5 points, but only one missed week can lose the streak and a point.

12. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I am in a bit of hurry, so I will post more on this later.

A for effort Coach but I really think this will give us very little return for the work its gonna take to implement and track. I am guessing that only about a max of 10 of our owners would participate in this. It is really well thought out but I just dont think it would work in this league with our group of owners.

13. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Jeremy, your right, there is a risk that very few folks make take advantage. However, I am hoping that once it catchs on and people see others take advantage of it, that it can be something that separates us from everyone else. Meaning it is just as much a retaining tool as it is a recruiting one. We just need to talk the hell out of it and give some attaboys along the way :)

14. BadaBing319

It's more about improving the content contribution than implementing the reward system IMO.

The only thing I don't like about this - once the streak is broken, there is little incentive. That's why I may prefer a cumulative point system as opposed to a streak. Maybe the streaks can be a "bonus", but you accumulate points throughout the season.

Jeremy, I realize where you stand. However, the #1 goal with this whole thing is to improve our accountability and content. If we do nothing, it stays status quo - which I think we all agree is not up to OMFL standards.

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Personally, I like the effort and ideas here. But I think first and foremost we need to lay the lumber down hard on starting a trend of behaviors. I mean, right now we had to pull teeth to get playoff teams to post summaries. THAT is inexcusable.

My suggestion would be to not do this reward incentive as of yet, but do a hardcore crackdown on scheduling and game results. If games are not scheduled within 48 hours of advance, that owner gets booted and subbed, or it's a straight sim if both owners don't schedule. Not to mention a warning from CoachWest.

Any winning game summaries should be posted before the advance to the next week. If not, warning for basic owner expectations.

I mean, in all seriousness, we have low expectations from our owners from a content perspective. The hardest thing I think we ask them to do is learn the cap. Posting a short game summary of a win, and scheduling on the forums is light and not hard to do. Scheduling, as we all may or may not know, is my personal pet peeve. We have to get on that one next season, and I'm committed to helping with that and being HARD on people. Once they start losing some simmed games and getting subbed for their game by players like me (not to mention getting warnings), you'll see the life come back to the forums.

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

As far as getting new content, I think we ought to throw out a post on the forums asking people what they can do to help from a content perspective. I mean, we lost both our power rankings guys (Frisk and Sci), our podcast guy (Dunlap), and we have only the betting line (kudos to Jethro for that) and the betting game Jeremy came up with (giving credit to him cause he was one doing the posts and stuff). This Week in the OMFL is great, but usually behind (no offense to Nate, he is crazy busy with good work outside of this league). I do articles for my team in a win or a loss. I know Dave did the rankings but that fell off the planet when we changed forum areas.

So I will make just a feeler post to see what is up and see what can be done from owners.

17. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

me and dunlap r going to try and do the power ranking this year

18. BadaBing319

I'll be back with my OMFL stat of the week feature...

19. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I never did rankings, I did something else

20. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I meant the TF rankings, Dave. The one that had contests for games? Remember? Or was that someone else.....lol

21. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

oops that was me; I hope that's coming back because I have like 200 games written down that I need to enter

22. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I about have it ready...I just need to recompile and publish it.

23. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Great news, thanks for that update

24. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

It is true we shouldnt focus on so much on rewarding minimums, but at the same time there are guys who contribute a lot and they dont recieve anythign physical for it. This will provide a platform for both. Also I do like the idea of taking away points for missing mandatory stuff. Finally, bing you mentioned an accumulation system, only 2 issues I have with that is 1) I don't want to try and get weekly updates from 10 + owners every week it would be WAYYY too much. Also if we are talking mandatory stuff anyway to say that it ha to be consitent to be rewarded is entirely fair. I also like that Playoff teams may get a little extra if they keep it going.

25. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Actually, I do get something for my contributions: I like figuring out the average amount of views per post in my threads. And if you sort by views the threads in the team news area, I think 5 of the top 6 views are threads I started and mainly contributed to.

If people keep reading, I will keep writing. That is my reward - entertaining the peeps.