New Bama Coach - John Crow

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Hey guys,

I've been chatting with John for a while now, and I just invited him to join us. He'll be taking the reigns at Alabama, so look out. He's going o be tough to deal with right from the start.

I'm going to add a couple of links for you, John. the first is to our recruiting rules, and the second is to a thread where we talk a bit about how we like to play the game. Reading those will get you up to speed on our expectations and such, though it's likely our recruiting rules will have to be amended for you, since the CPU controlled Bama probably already hit some of the limits. We'll talk about that later.

For now, everyone welcome John to the league, and then give him the hard time you guys are so famous for.

Welcome to the Show, John. Good luck.

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Hey, John, welcome aboard! It's nice to see a guy willing to step into a new league and accept the difficult challenge of rebuilding a lower tier school. Most guys go for the home run right off the bat, so I'm glad to that you're not like those ass clowns! Oh, shit, wait a minute ... you've chosen Alabama? <Awkward laugh> Um, uh, never mind. So where were we again?

Haha, I'm actually glad that you chose a top team because the guy you're replacing decided to quit after a couple games. (He thought the league was too hard and didn't think LSU should ever lose). This leads me to the 3 golden rules, all of which will guarantee that you are loved and adored by the people of Sim Nation for years to come.

1) Don't bitch about the game difficulty. If you lose, suck it up and practice harder. The Washington State Cougars are 5-1 thus far, so you should be fine.

2) Don't continually be the last person to play your game. We're a laxed group, but we've been riding a nice early season rhythm, and it'd be nice to keep it going. I'll text you at 2 AM if you make me.

3) Commit yourself to playing sim, having fun on the boards, and remaining with us for the year. The more you put into this thing, the more fun you'll have.

There used to be a fourth rule, which went like this: Stay the fuck away from Arizona's recruits! ... but Archie made me take it off the list.

All kidding aside, it's great to have another hated school in Sim Nation. Hopefully you're a keeper.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

I love the backhanded compliment :) hahaha

Damn proud of that hard fought 5-1. Now, let's see how many I win the rest of the way. My schedule is pretty rough, lol.

4. egofailure

'D, I'm extremely impressed with the job you've done with your Cougs. I can already tell that you're going to be a bitch to deal with once you get some more talent in place.

John, if you have any questions regarding the recruiting rules, give me a buzz. Keep in mind that 'Bama has already grabbed a 5-star recruit. However, you're still free to chase other 5-stars on the "freebie list" posed in the thread Archie linked you to.

5. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

Thanks for the great welcome! Some of you may know uagrad90. I work with him and have been in a league with him and some coworkers. He told me how great of an opportunity it would be to play in this league. Don't worry about me bitching about it being too tough. That is exactly what I want. I know it will be tough and I welcome that. In the long run it will make me become a better player and that is what my main goal is. that and to have fun! I know many of you would like to advance tonight. I hope I don't hold you up. Since I am just now jumping into this league I would appreciate it if you understand that I won't be able to play tonight but I promise you I will get my game in tomorrow and more than likely in the future i will be waiting on you guys to advance and not the other way around. I usually try to play the first day I can. I am looking forward to playing.

6. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Welcome Mr Crow great to have you aboard bro....uagrad90 is a great buddy of mine and a class act threw and threw on TSP. Tell him we miss him over in Gridiron Gladiators. If you are cool with UA then Archie made a great choice here and i look forward to building a sim friendship with you. As far as not playing tonight dont sweat it we got a good set of guys here that understand. We all know you need to put some time into your recruiting to fix what the cpu messed up so gl with that. Also feel free to hit me up anytime in pm or on my cell if you need advice or any direction on tso. We pride ourselves here in the nation and will make you feel right at home.

7. egofailure

Absolutely. I know what it's like to get thrown into the mix mid-season. Aside from playing your game, you have to organize your roster, update your recruiting board, and get your players' looking sharp with the right gear. Take your time and do it right.

8. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

Let me ask a question just to make sure I understand the recruiting rules. I can take 1 five star and 7 four stars or if I get a one through three player overall that is a bonus. Then any player that ends in a 0 is a bonus. Lets say I get my one five star and two bonus five stars that means I can only get 5 four stars for a total of eight four plus five star players. If I have a current roster size of 68 and have 17 seniors then I can recruit 19. Am I understanding this correctly?

9. egofailure

John, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the bonus list is free, meaning they don't count towards your 5-star or 4-star total at all. You'd still have to make sure that you don't go over 70 players, though. Arch', am I correct with this?

10. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Welcome to the league John. As Ego said, the bonus guys are free and don't count against your totals, other than the 70 roster cap. In theory, if you pulled in all 5 of the bonus 5-star guys, you could sign 6 5-stars, 7 4-stars, and 6 3-stars for your class of 19. If you got bonus 4-stars on top of the 5-stars, you would just have to reduce your 3-stars to keep your roster at 70 or below.

11. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Welcome aboard... Hopefully we can square off to kick off next season...

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is correct. The 70 is a hard cap. The other numbers are fluid. 1-7 is a base number, and can be manipulated by signing bonus guys.

I have a class of 13. 1-7-5, right?

I signed 3 bonus fours = 1-10-2

I think I'll sign two more, plus a bonus five = 2-11-0 (plus, if I have a guy go pro or transfer, I'll have a 4 I can use in the off season. No carrying over to the next season, though.)

this is pretty much how it works. 70 is a hard cap, but how you get to 70 is a matter of strategy.

13. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Not if you're Ohio State or Alabama it's not; then you just pick who you will allow into your school. (y)

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Did I mention that I picked up 2 more pipeline states in the process?

15. jca312

jca312 Walk On

JCA312 dislikes this :)
    They really do need to add a dislike button to these threads.

16. bdub

bdub Walk On

Don't worry JCA, when one of us beats him in the MNC game it will just feel that much better.

17. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I'm not worried, but as a Michigan fan, I don't like anything going Ohio State's way ;)

18. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Don't think I'm getting near that game this year. It could happen, but I'm a long way off.

19. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Dude are you that anal?

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm that anal. I do this also. :oops:

21. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Welcome John. Sim nation has a good group of guys. If uagrad likes you....I like you :)

22. Big D

Big D Walk On

Famous last words. . . :)

You're up again!

23. egofailure

Has John even logged on today?

[​IMG]

24. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

nice pic. He's on right now. Probably playing.

25. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation