New Coach Announcement!

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

New Coach Announcement!

AP-- Penn State University wasted little time -- approximately 8 hours -- after their Fiesta Bowl loss to announce their plans moving forward regarding their head coaching vacancy.

Coach Psycho, a longtime FCS coach and friend of Florida Coach Basil Faraday, has been announced as the new head coach at Penn State. Psycho brings a defensive tenacity that many in the league have not yet seen. The man is also more sim than Jesus would be playing this game. He has a long history of taking teams with lesser talent and slaying Goliath, and now that he has talent, do not be surprised if Psycho makes waves early in the league.

The coaching move will be made official after tonight's advance, and pending a piss test of Coach Psycho. Hopefully he's been laying off the droogs.

Welcome aboard man!

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Nice name, I can pick on you because I get beat in every game, so no worries about being singled out.:)

Kidding, welcome aboard.

3. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Welcome Psycho. Great name.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Welcome!

5. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Basis thanks for the introduction.

Shaun, I'm ex-Navy so if we ever play against each other don't get too ticked at me for trying to hang 100 on you and your bullet catchers! :D

As far as I'm concerned Penn State will be a different animal from what I've handled before. There are two rules I have to an online dynasty/franchise that will be broken by joining this league.

1. Don't pick your favorite team - I do this so that I don't spike controllers, throw 360's out the window, or yell so loud during a game I wake up the wife and kid (the later already happened in my Madden OF)

2. Pick a rebuilding project that way every win was earned - Basis came to me with the Penn State job, and at first I wasn't going to take it because I like the rebuilding projects. In NCAA'09 I was Cincy and Colorado, and in NCAA10 I'm Iowa State. However seeing that there's Fla, FSU, ND, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma... I'm ok with taking over a stacked powerhouse and doing battle with other powerhouses.

Coaching philosophy
    I enjoyed playing "watching paint dry" offense in NCAA 09 however in NCAA10 it just doesn't have the same feel. I watched my red zone offense sputter and grind to a halt, something in NCAA'09 never seemed to happen. Now I play a little more of a west coast/greatest show on turf offense, however there's still a principle there of controlling clock and time.

Anyone worried about the HB to the flats, all day to the slot, or PA bombs let me share some details with you.

- My HBs catch a total of 5-10 passes a season, which is up from 0 a season back in NCAA09. FBs never catch any passes for me.

- I do not use package subs to get my WR#1 into the slot. The only package sub I will ever use is the Spell HB package... because when the little bastards turn yellow he'll either fumble or get hurt.

- Typically my WR#1, and WR#2 catch 65-85 balls a year, while my WR#3 (slot reciever) gets 30-40. This produces realistic stats, and I personally can't stand having my third best WR with all the TDs, yards, and catches.:mad:

- My WRs normally have the lowest yards per catch of any of the users.

Hopefully those stats help calm anyone's nerves about who has been let into this league, I know JHeb voiced some concern about it.

I look forward to playing you guys and hopefully I can continue Penn State on the path to greatness that Fosh started.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    That might be the only thing they can catch, haha.

7. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

lol

Definitely going to league this league.

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Also, let it be known that Psycho is a horrible speller and generally sucks at grammar. :D

9. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Welcome aboard.

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Welcome Psycho, sounds like we have similar coaching strategies on offense. Too bad you have a BIT more talent than me haha. Look forward to playing you.

11. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Funny, I don't see that as something negative. :)

Can't wait to battle for the Land Grant Trophy against you, it's great having User vs User rivalry games but of course all my recruits will visit for the Minnesota game.:cool:

12. jello1717

Keeping PSU in the mix will make things interesting for the next couple of years. Here is my 2012 schedule from my offline dynasty which I'm sure will be the same in this OD (minus the OOC games of course):

Column 1
    WK Opponent
    5 Indiana
    6 @ Iowa
    7 @ Minnesota
    8 #23 Illinois
    9 Purdue
    10 @ Michigan State
    12 @ #18 Northwestern
    13 #22 Ohio State

Notice the lack of PSU on my schedule. I'm sure you must play both MSU and aOSU. Since MSU didn't play aOSU this year, I'd guess they'd play them next year. Since my schedule loses PSU and Wisconsin and replaces them with Indiana and Northwestern, my schedule obviously gets much easier. Also, since UofM and PSU don't play, we could end up with a tie with no tiebreaker.

If I'm correct about your schedules above, the tough conference games for title contenders could look like this:
    Michigan - MSU, aOSU
    PSU - aOSU, MSU, Wisconsin?
    MSU - Michigan, PSU, aOSU, Wisconsin?
    aOSU - Michigan, MSU, PSU, Wisconsin?

It could be rough going for me next year though. If I have as many guys leaving early as should, then my team will be quite a bit worse than this year's team.

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Cheers! [​IMG]

14. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

15. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

16. jello1717

17. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Florida vs. PSU to open 2011! Basis, you should get the pleasure of further welcoming Psycho to the E-league!

18. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I get the pleasure of ruining Nebraska's season before it starts in Week One 2012! :D

I don't know about that whole ruining of the season thing, but we will definitely be playing each other in The Swamp again. I've got revenge on the mind, but even if I win, it won't ruin your season. Hell, you beat me and I am in the title game this year! *scratches head*

As for Psycho, and everyone else, the schedules will be good like this season.

Psycho: Did you see the thread about the off-season night being this Friday at approx. 9pm est? You around?

19. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

After having to play his Notre Dame team versus my Iowa State team in our other OD, I'd be happy to take him on with some talent that can stop the run without leaving gaping holes for his QB to throw. I played about as perfect of a game as I could have played just had to sell out to stop the run, and watched his QB went 11/11, in a 38-27 Fighting Irish victory.

20. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

21. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Welcome Psycho!

22. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Can't wait! Clearly your title in 2011 has an asterisk beside it.

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Blasphemy! The CPU is f'n TOUGH now man! I almost lost the SEC CG. Beating the STACKED CPU USC will not get an asterisk.

We should have DEFINITELY been playing each other, which is a shame. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done, and in the other league that I am in, there is similar dis-satisfaction with how the BCS is turning out.

24. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I'll be around... I may be quiet on the headset till I rock my little girl to bed, but I'll be around.

BTW - I'm with Wild, you should have to put an asterisk next to your National Championship. In fact you should lose it on propose because you know you don't deserve it.

25. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

My opponent record this year is 99 wins to something like 51 losses. I'm pretty sure I had the hardest schedule!