New coach at Rutgers

Discussion in 'Heisman Hopefuls' started by bravejaf, Jul 23, 2013.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]

Piscataway, New Jersey - Rutgers University announces the "resignation" of Kyle Flood. Flood was found hanging out with Mike Rice, so the school and Flood decided it was time to part ways.

Ron Prince will be the new head coach at Rutgers; assuming control of the team before the week 3 game against Eastern Michigan.

I will let coach Prince talk more about himself and his new job.

_MG_

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Yess Good Choice for the 12 spot!!!

• Like Like x 3
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Welcome to the league bro!

• Like Like x 1
  4. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    BREAKING NEWS:
    Former Chicago Bear Head Coach and St. Louis Rams Defensive Coordinator Lovie Smith has decided to make the transition from the pros to college football, accepting the head coaching job at Rutgers Univeristy. We take you now to Piscataway, New Jersey, where the University is holding a press conference to introduce the former St. Louis Rams defensive Coordinator and Chicago Bear head coach.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LS: Thank you. Rutgers University have a high standard, both academically and athletically. I feel we have everything needed to build a successful program here, and I intend on turning this team into a perennial Big 10 contender. We suffered a huge blow week 1, losing our quarterback with a broken tailbone for what looks like 9 weeks. However, we feel we have all the pieces in place to be a winner NOW and into the future. This season is by no means a throwaway year, expect us to be in every game. I see no games on our schedule that we shouldn't have a chance to win if we play Scarlet Knight football. I can now take your questions.

Media: What do you mean by Scarlet Knight football?

LS: When I say Scarlet Knight football, what I mean is mistake free football. No human is perfect, but we will strive to be as close to perfect as humanly possible both in the classroom and on the practice field. We want academics to be important, and we are going to be committed to recruiting players who hold these values. Rutgers is a great school, we will use that in the recruiting process, this should be a place young men not just from New Jersey, Maryland and Pennsylvania should want to attend, but young men from California, Texas, and Florida as well.

Media: What do you think the transition from the NFL to college football will be like?

LS:Preparation is key. This translates to all levels of football, all sports, and life in general. These guys will be ready to play. I will make sure these young men are prepared for each game. The recruiting is new to me, but I feel I have the cognitive capability and charming personality to sway these young men, to make them believe Rutgers University is the place they want to be.

Media: What is the identity of this team right now? What is the season outlook like?

LS: Well, right now I can't say for sure. On offense we plan on continuing the pro-style offense, it is a style I am obviously comfortable with coming from the NFL. However, I also plan on implementing a little bit of a spread, a little bit of pistol and maybe even some wild cat this season. In College football, those on the cutting edge on offense usually hold the advantage. We aren't going to be a predictable team. Defensively, I really like our linebacking group and really our front 7 as a whole. The secondary isn't a concern, per-see, but I look forward to them proving what they can do on the field. One more question.

Media: What games are you looking forward to on the schedule this year?

LS: Well, anytime you can travel to Columbus and take on the Ohio State Buckeyes, it is a challenge. I am very excited for that game, it will be a litmus test for this team. If you can somehow find a way to steal a win in the horseshoe, look out, because you are a solid team. I also think our games at Illinois and Michigan State will be challenges as well, and these type of games are really the ones I look forward to most. And, of course, hosting Arkansas next week will be stealing most of my attention this week. Very excited to be here, and this season is going to be a blast.

Thanks bravejaf for the opportunity, I am sincerely looking forward to playing with and getting to know everyone in the league.

• Like Like x 4