New Coach - Emmdotfrisk

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HackGolfer, Oct 13, 2009.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

New Coach - Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk will be taking over as head coach for the Miami Hurricanes.. ChiDefenda stepped down from Georgia Tech, leaving the door open for Frisk to bring the Canes back into National Title contention..

Good Luck man.. Hope you are able to turn Miami back into a powerhouse school..

[​IMG]

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

welcome aboard man.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Thanks, the Press conference is at 6pm Central time. U of M's sports reporter will have the story for everyone's reading pleasure shortly after.

4. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Welcome aboard dude

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

SHANNON STEPS DOWN AFTER DEMORALIZING LOSS TO INNER STATE RIVAL FLORIDA ST.

Emmdotfrisk in, Shannon out.
    *Miami, FL

Just hours after the 49-6 defeat to #1 ranked and in state rivals the Florida State Seminoles in the Florida Cup, 4 year Head Coach Randy Shannon notified University of Miami Athletic Director Kirby Hocutt that he would like to respectively step down from as the Universities head coach. " We at the University of Miami are hoping to find excellence in our football program once again," addressed Hocutt at the UM press conference earlier today. Hocutt closed the conference by stating, "It is time for a change, we hoped with Shannon that time had come. A Time where UM is back on top of the polls. With Coach Frisk we are expecting big things from him."

This marks UM's second coaching change in the past decade ( Larry Coker and Shannon). Shannon ended his tenure with Miami with a record just over .500, while Coker tallied a 60-15 record over 6 years.

" I'm very excited about the opportunity the University has given me to coach this very talented football team. I've got a tough game to plan for at Clemson but have spent a majority of my time scouting the opposition," commented Frisk on the immediate coaching change. Frisk enters his first season with the Hurricanes after his 3 year tenure with Air Force where he led them to 3 straight bowl appearances and a Top 25 birth.

Randy Shannon was not available for comment at this time.

The Hurricanes (4-2, 2-1) are set to travel to Memorial Stadium in Clemson, South Carolina to face the 3-3 Clemson Tigers on this saturday the 16th. Clemson is Top 10 in the nation in Pass Defense while Miami is 7th with only 894 yards allowed.