New Coach - eyeke

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

When you get a chance, say a quick hello to our new coach at Florida.

He's dealing with some roster issues. I think he has 62 guys, and 8 guys 50 and under. I'm thinking of suspending the 1-7-70 for a year, like I did with Colorado.

Any issues with that?

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

Sounds good to me.

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Since Florida was a user controlled team prior to this...and should have decent star rating...can we put the 3 player 5 star cap on him?

4. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Star rating is 4. there's no way i'm getting 3 5* guys. feel free to cap it however you want. Also.. look at the roster. I'm not sure how the computer let him through with it. he has ZERO left guards.. 2nd DB is 69, all four of his decent receivers are seniors. team is in pretty bad shape. I only have 2 5 star guys with me on their top 10.
    :)
    Will write a follow up to this as my official press conference

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Well I wasn't aware Florida had fallen so far. LOL no wonder he jumped ship to the Big 12. I guess there should be no problem. I just didn't want someone coming in and putting a 6 player run on the 5 stars, which at a program like florida SHOULD be a reality in the non-digital world.

6. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Thanks for the introduction and warm welcome.
    I'm excited to take over the Florida program and return it to previous glory. I will be converting the offense to a slightly more smashmouth playbook (Stanford) and converting the defense from a 3-4 to a 4-2-5 as I get players to do so. This season and possibly next I will be running the 3-4 that the previous coach recruited for.
    Tight Ends are at a premium in my offense, with two on the field more than half the time.
    I have very specific goals and individual player criteria that must be met not only annually but weekly. Here's what Gator fans can expect from us:
    30 points
    200 yards passing
    150 yards rushing, with at least three players getting 5 carries each. Main back getting 20 carries
    Win Time of Possession battle by at least 2.5 minutes
    Win Turnover battle
    Force at least 2 turnovers
    4 game changing plays (long TD, forced turnover, stop inside 10 yard line, holding team to field goal after offensive turnover)

Individual players will be benched if the following are not achieved in consecutive weeks
    QBs: 55% completion percentage, no more than 2 INT. I plan to run two deep with QBs and possibly go to a Spurrier style rotation
    RBs: fumbles in consecutive games (recovered or not)
    WRs/TEs: 2 drops in consecutive games
    O-line: Must score a positive +/- score (sacks are -2, pancakes +1, subjective scoring on how plays go to their side)

Defensive players are not graded

Will be recruiting local kids mainly, with a key on quicker than fast players with size. I'm a big Height Weight Speed guy
    Thanks

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Actually, he left us altogether. He was cool about it, though. Just didn't want the fall blamed on someone who's still with us.

8. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Archie, just wanted to make sure you know that I'm running a 4-3 this year but recruiting to run a 4-2-5 so every game i'll have to change my playbook at team selection.
    Also, what posts should I be paying attention to? I see the SEC blog, is that something I add content to or will Carolinaeasy be keeping it up? Where do you recommend I post game recaps?

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

@eyeke

You will add team previews, recruiting caps, and game coverage to that blog. I will add my team's stuff and you can add anything else you might want to add as well.

10. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Great thanks. do you cover the CPU teams at all?

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The blogs are designed to be places where everyone combines their own style to create something fun for each conference. Rather than have 12 individual threads that don't often get used as they should, we combine them to get more content in a smaller space. There will be game coverage, chatter, and whatever else the guys want. There are no real rules, save the fact that some kind of summary should go up after every game. Some guys just post the screen caps, and that's fine, and some guys go deeper. It depends on the guys. However, we will be competing for extra recruiting privileges, so it pays to do a good job, and to motivate (in a positive way, of course) your conference-mates to do the same.

12. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Perfect. You mentioned a recruiting bonus for blogging. does the person who owns the blog get it.. or whoever posts in it? am i eligible? does the whole conference get it?

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's a conference thing, but I reserve the right to exclude any conference member if they don't keep up at all. However, if they don't, they probably won't be around to benefit anyway, so it kind of takes care of itself.

14. thatguy188

thatguy188 You know ... THAT guy.

Welcome man. I just stopped having the time I used to to run a successful problem. I never spent a lot of time on beside the game and then back off again, didnt even realize that after this (well, last) the team would be in some bad shape. It's not all too bad though, I was foreseeing a downfall last year and this year, with a nice coming back this year.

Good Luck to you man, sure is a fun team (Debose all the way ;) )

15. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Denise us gone lol. Thanks man

16. thatguy188

thatguy188 You know ... THAT guy.

See how much time I had to pay attention o_O

17. justadude

justadude Walk On

Hi eyeke, welcome to the league! Guess I am not the 'new' guy anymore :)