New Coaches

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

New Coaches

Guys,

Before I introduce our new coaches, let me tell you how they came to play here. As you know, we have been bitten by the turnover bug lately. I didn't want this to continue, so instead of going to the new member area to find new players, I decided to ask guys who have playing for a while in other places.

The guys from Zeros to Heroes responded. If you look at the forum list, you'll see that Z2H is a very active dynasty. We're lucky to have some of their guys playing here. Sabo911 (the Z2H commish) and I have been discussing this for some time, and the invites will go out this evening. Be sure to stop in and say hello, or simply talk trash, as so many of you do so well.

Sabo911 will be joining us as the Alabama coach
    jv9179razorback will take the Michigan Wolverines
    OnIowa will be playing as the Georgia Bulldogs

This completes our 12, and does so in a very interesting way. If you look at the team choices, you'll see that there are a number of really interesting rivalries built into the setup, and it looks like big games will be an almost weekly event. I'm looking forward to this. It's bound to be a really good time.

See you guys on the field,

AG

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

One last thing.

Z2H has an opening or two themselves. If you like the concept (you can read about it in their forums) I encourage you guys to apply with Sabo, especially if you like the challenge of building from the bottom up.

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

congrats guys! Sabo likes men.

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

As someone who was once in Z2H I am excited to have these new coaches in the Dynasty. Some of the best guys on this board.

5. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Thanks for the invitation. I look forward to getting to know all of you and helping to add to this dynasty. Thanks again

6. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Hey guys, definitely glad to be here and contribute as much as I can to the dynasty. I think we can make this into another great dynasty on TF. Thanks for the opportunity

7. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Welcome. And Sabo I expect you to go loose to Auburn. :)

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

And for the new guys - have a look at the league description. I'll be adding your names, and setting you playbook choices to the default choices. We declare playbooks for each season. Take a little time, and let me know what books you want to use, and I'll change the description to match.

9. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Thanks for the invite, i look forward too getting things started with Michigan. This will be my first TF dynasty that i actually get too use a good team.(y)

BTW I love your dad life video, great stuff.

10. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

I would like Arkansas's offense and the 3-4 defense.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Can do.

12. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

With such a hectic day at work, I was actively following this thread from behind my desk. What can I say? I'm really, really happy with the league's new direction and the quality additions being made. Georgia, Alabama, and Michigan, huh? Glad you guys showed some balls and went with cupcakes! ;)

Haha, had I not recently been demolished by an average (at best) player recently (fuck you, Sample), I'd continue to post about how I'm looking forward to bashing you gentlemen head-to-head, but that shit-talking is going to have to wait for now.

Welcome aboard. I think we have something really cool brewin' here ...

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I agree. Look at all the huge games we will have on a yearly basis. Some of the best rivalries in the game are represented in these 12 teams. Should make for some great drama.

14. egofailure

Iowa, are you using Georgia's playbook? That's the one I planned on using, but there's no way I'm going to if you are ...

No pressure, I like plenty of books.

15. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Nope, I will be sticking to my roots.

San Diego State on offense
    3-3-5 on defense

16. egofailure

Sweet, man. AG, you probably don't remember the long private convo we had a little while back where I changed my PB several times ... but I ended up deciding on Georgia when I sent the final PM. ;)

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Making changes now.

18. egofailure

BTW, that SD St. playbook is sweet.

19. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Welcome new guys! Sabo, it is good to be reunited with you. For you guys who don't know him Sabo is a pretty awesome dude, and will be great for the TDL. The other guys I don't know much about but as a PSU fan I am sure that OnIowa guy is a douche!;)

20. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

;)

21. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Welcome new guys! Sounds like we have a good group here!

22. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

Yes this sounds like a great group of coaches... my schedule just got a lot tougher. 4 user games... FSU, Bama, Georgia, and LSU. And now Miami is involved in recruiting wars as well. Should be great fun.

23. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Bama you will only get next season then I think you will be off them for two years. FSU, Georgia, and LSU are every year though.

24. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

FSU Recruiting

Since i am switching to a team previously owned by a user i will follow the recruiting rules like all the guys that have been here. The last guy that had FSU seems to have this team heading in the right direction.