New Commish

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by RaveDown, Jan 8, 2010.

1. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

New Commish

I've lost interest and have decided to bail out. I'll wait for Eagles to get in his game tonight and advance it to week 8. After that someone will need to save it offline and then bring it back online

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm currently looking for a replacement. If you are interested, please pm me.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I'm torn to either stay or leave as well. Hotrod left us and now rave two guys that I really like

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I have thought of leaving as well. I need to put forth more effort in my other leagues that I've been in a while and I'll be running two leagues soon. I hate that this could potentiallybe 3 guys leaving but I need to cut ties early cuz it will only be harder for me to leave later on.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Man, this is the 2nd OD I joined this week that is folding up shop. I must be the kiss of death :(

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    This dynasty is not folding up shop.

GoGators is going to come in and take a spot which should help with the loss.

HotRod moved on to head up TMFL. Ravedown has too many things going on to care apparently.

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Yeah this is a premier league so it will roll on. Hey don't get me wrong I like my team but hows about blowing this thing up and starting back in season 1? I say this cause I don't have a lot of time invested in my team just thought it might spice things up a bit.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thats good to hear (y)

9. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Ive said it before and I will say it again, a league is only as strong as its commish. No need to jump ship on this league fellas, you have a solid core of guys, just need a leader.

Unless your all scared of getting your butt kicked by Bruce haha.

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I say we boot this one and start fresh..

Let everyone pick whatever teams they want and go.

11. KnightNoles

+1
    +1
    +1
    +1

finally I might be able to be Pittsburgh!

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I'm not opposed to you guys starting over, but I would need someone to step up and lead the charge...

13. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Why not just switch teams rather than start over? Even if the conferences get more disparate.

That way those of us that've built a team we like don't have to ditch them.

14. KnightNoles

Shut up blaza. Lol you don't wanna be a cock for the rest of your life, ohh that was to good to pass up.... I've built this UVA team up but don't mind to start over

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'd be willing to commish the league. I had a league early in NCAA09 but it folded. Then I found the OFFL site before they merged with Tradition. I know im new to this league but im willing to step up if needed. I don't have a problem starting from stratch but I think we should keep the same setup the trifecta started with.

16. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

We need to find a reliable commish or this thing is going to be in the same spot it is in now in another month. If we do that then I am all about it. This league has been below average when it comes to content for a long time(myself included) and that needs to change.

As for the starting over I could not hate that idea anymore. I have been in the same conference as the guy who has lost 2 games the entire time we have been playing and I finally am a leg up on him and we are starting over. Yuck.

Long story short....We need a good leader. If we can find one then lets move forward. If not, lets put this thing down with the respect and dignity it deserves rather then hanging on two extra seasons like Emmitt Smith did.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Eagles,

Im just throwing my name in the mix. I dont want to see this OD fail, and honestly, I dont think it will. I could care less if we start over or not, I just want to be a part of this dynasty. I hope the rest of the of you fell the same.

18. KnightNoles

I'll be in favor of recchem and maybe I got a lil excited bout starting over with Pitt. Let's continue and whoever we find for a commish let's do it fast before the weekends over

19. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

damn straight

20. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Just an idea, doesnt matter to me honestly, but I would like to swap to Notre Dame and then I can schedule some more user tilts.

21. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Bruce, our initial decision to start with 2-3 star programs was basically made with long term recruiting in mind. The point was not to discourage building a great squad but more with giving teams roughly the same numbers of talent interested in them. Therefore you limit the 'Purdue Sydrome' and have the recruiting based on your pitches and what you do on the field. For example, in the game it doesn't matter if UVA or Duke win consecutive National Titles, they still won't have half the sheer number of quality guys interested in them as Florida. Kinda like bringing a knife to a gunfight!

For that reason, I'd be reluctant of you running Notre Dame UNLESS we go ahead and switch the format a bit. As I mentioned, I would prefer to keep rolling as a few of us have really invested time into our squads. But if the majority of you guys want to jump ship we could consider no restrictions on school level and schedule a few more user games if we're too dispersed conference wise. I haven't gotten to lead a big program in this game yet -- Im site I could have fun with a USC or Texas. I guess we can get everyonea input and go from there. If that ends up being our decision, I still think we should just switch now though rather than start over to avoid the super-progression issue.

22. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Hey what's up guys? I just sent Rave a message yesterday too about joining the league then he goes and quits....damn, all that typing for nothing. Oh well.

So no one wants to immediately step up and take over as commish hey?

23. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Hi guys, I've never posted here, but I lurk and read all the premier dynasties.

I would volunteer to commish this, I'm in 3 OD's here at TF but not a commish of any. I think KnighNoles and Murk could vouch that I'm active and a good contributor.

The only hiccup I have is a business trip which takes me away from the 'box for a 5 days from 1/17-1/22.

Just offering another solution. It sounds like recchem would be a good choice as well.

24. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I can also vouch for Dru.

25. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I vote for Dru. I see the work he does for "Climb the Ladder" and would do a great job.