New Content Idea

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Nautica, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I saw THIS over at OS and thought it was a very cool Idea. We could all step it up and post pics and vids in a single thread for all games. IF guys do this I could use all the photos and vids and do something REALLY cool with them.

Your guys thoughs?

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Can't you pull those things from dynasty wire rather than us all having to post everything here?

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Almost all of those pics are custom made pics, not the autosaves that the game does. and the only way I could pull highlights is if they are uploaded to EA. You can't just pull vids right from the DW, at least that I know of.

I thought it was a pretty cool thing.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Nautica is right. You have to upload them to EA in order to post them here or allow someone else access to them. Plus I wouldn't expect nautica to go and get all our videos for us to put something together for the leagues entertainment.

I like the idea though. I think we should incorporate it with our weekly summaries. Instead of writing out summaries of drive by drive action that gets repetitive after a season or 2, we should post a couple pictures and videos from each game with a quick one paragraph summary of what happened, or even just the key play. I think that will keep things from getting too repetitive and our site won't look so bland.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I've always uploaded 5 highlights from all of my games. But I only do it to the dynasty wire site. Uploading them to EA's website takes too long IMO. Plus they just get deleted after you already have 5 up there.

I have no problem doing it with big time plays / highlights that I'd possibly nominate for a yearly top 10 or something of that nature, but doing it for every game is too time consuming imo.

Also, maybe I'm the weird one, but I write all my game summaries from the end game screen. So I don't even have access to those highlights yet since I haven't exited out of the game yet. I'm not trying to be a pain here, I think it'd be awesome if Nautica wanted to put together a yearly highlight video or season recap, but I really don't see myself taking the time to do it for every game. Although, perhaps there's a quicker/easier way to do these things than I've done them in the past so if someone can provide a quicker way of doing these things than maybe it's possible.

Nautica

Not trying to rain on your parade here. Props for offering to take the time on something like this. I'll do my best to help out where I can.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I always create and save my own pictures as well and I also delete (and thusly don't upload) the garbage pictures that are automatically taken by the game. Also, you can grab any pictures off of the dynasty wire (which for me would be my good pictures) using windows snipping tool or printscreen if you're on an older OS. This can either be done by 1 guy, or we can each grab our own pictures from the dynasty wire. By doing this, you can also grab the caption which gives the result of the play too.

IE, these are your guys' pictures from the dynasty wire that I grabbed.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

For what it's worth, here are some of my favorite shots that I took from '11:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

jello1717 the custom shots are 10x better than the autosave ones.

GoGators its cool man, I know it is a pain in the ass to be doing it every game. Even if all of us upload 4 vids out of the 13-14 games we play a season would be enough, combined with pictures, to create something cool and make even a content whore like David (aka G-Unit) blush.

Trust me I don't want to have to do this every game, I just thought that it would be cool.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jello1717

I didn't explicitly say this in my post, but I'm 100% behind this idea.

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I got the roxio game capture on Friday, but only had enough time yesterday to hook it up and install the software. (We went to a retirement party last night and I'm back at work today.) I plan on broadcasting my user games and hopefully putting a highlight package together from each game. That should add a little something to this year and hopefully increase activity.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jello1717

Bumping this. Are we going to go ahead with this idea? I notice from the dynasty wire that not everyone saved highlights and/or created their own pictures during week 1.

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I say yes, I'm uploading my vids from my last game right now to post

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Yeah I was planning on it. I have all my stuff saved but the embedding didn't work so I'll have to upload them to youtube later.

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I created a thread if you want to sticky it

14. jello1717

I didn't upload my videos last night (probably only 1 of which is worthy) but I'll upload them both tonight.

15. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

there is 3 photos on the dynasty wire, but I didnt upload any myself

16. jello1717

The auto photos that get uploaded to DW suck for the most part.

• Like Like x 1
  17. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

I agree but its all I have right now, Ill start next week

18. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I saved two vids on the wire but I'm not up to speed on loading them on here.

19. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

eh, its no big deal, as long as I can get like 5 vid from each guy and about 5 pictures, I can do something cool

20. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Actually, there is a very easy way to get videos from the dynasty wire. Incredibly easy to use and it has tons of nice features.

Real player downloader. You can thank me later.

21. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Is there an easier way to post them than uploading to youtube?

If you can use real player to nab them off of the dynasty wire that is great because then you don't have to go in game and upload them to your ea account then.

22. PAgamer07

You still have to upload them to you tube unfortunately. But yeah, you skip the ea part completely.

23. jello1717

Is there any quality loss with real player downloader? I use download helper, but the videos captured are lower quality than the original.

24. PAgamer07

A little bit, I haven't messed with it other than the basics but I do know there is a built in converter to convert to other formats. Im not sure what options there are.

Check my highlights in the redshirts week 1 you'll see the quality.

25. jello1717

Was the following done with the program you're talking about? I can tell by the watermark in the upper left that this is the free version of download helper which is what I already use.