New Content Ideas.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AndyVanSlyke, Jun 28, 2011.

1. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I was thinking that some of our expanded content in the new league should be geared towards the coaching carousel.

I don't see recruiting being a huge priority content wise because it will be all we can do to sign 3 star players. Instead of doing a recruiting thing, I was gonna do a hot seat segment.

Basically I will speculate on various potential openings throughout the season and talk about coaches that are on the hot seat waiting to get fired in hopes of one of us getting the job. I will also highlight us as we progress and move up the coaching ladder or as we falter and find ourselves on the hot seat.

This will be pure random speculation but could be interesting to see if I am able to predict job openings and take guesses to who would be the best candidate to replace them.

I was pretty strongly against making the coaching carousel our main league because of the loss of some great rivalries and battles (OSU-PSU, UVA-VT...) and I felt that our content would lack because our teams aren't really in the national conversation. As long as our content is geared towards the goal of moving towards our dream schools, I can see the fun in this decision.

What do you guys think? Any other expanded content ideas geared towards the carousel?

• Like Like x 2
  2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

this is pretty darn awesome!

imo, anything we can do to focus more on coaches and our careers rather than teams will add to the experience. believe we should even think about switching some of our more team-related contents to coach-related stuff going forward.

we definitely need a league history that follows coaches. career records, career vs ranked teams... career offense, defensive rankings, recruiting abilities and history, etc.. to compile this stuff for our coaches would be pretty sweet.

3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yes....good idea. ever think about being the commish? the current jackass could never come up with anything this good

• Like Like x 1