NEW CROPPER RULES VIDEO (Examples)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Guys, after finally getting some time I decided to create an example video of some common flaws seen in Un-SIM play.

While I know our current members know the rules, it's still a good video to watch and make sure you are doing things by the book. More or less it's for any newbies looking into our league and provide a true visual to cheese type play.

Anyways, here it is. I have already added it to our League Rules section.

It is in high definition as well.

• Like Like x 4
  2. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Good video G

I would also like to bring up something for discussion I have been sitting on for awhile- quarterback dropbacks. Here’s my take-

Normally, the standard drop back when a quarterback is under center is at deepest, a seven step drop. So that means that the ball thrown when the quarterback is seven yards behind the line of scrimmage. The area where I have seen abuse is when users are in the shotgun. I have seen qb’s, out of the shotgun, drop back another five to ten yards, that means they are releasing the ball sometimes ten to 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage, which never happens in football. It is my take that if you are in the shotgun, quarterbacks should maybe drop back a step or two and never ten yards past the line of scrimmage. The only exception would be on screen passes, when you are attempting to draw in the defense. I think a rule along the lines of the bad option pitch might help, such as that quarterback cannot release the ball ten more than ten yards behind the line of scrimmage.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

I like it
    The defensive moving around stuff.. i don't that quite a bit. if a guy is blitzing already by my play design.. I don't see a big problem with choosing to blitz him through a diff hole than the called. I do like showing blitz with a backer and backing out or whatever.. but i usually don't completely flip sides with players.
    Great work

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Love it, however those rules should be pretty self explanitory...I would be conserned if anyone here didnt get "it"...and I am sure everyone does.

5. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I think the video's a good idea, but as you mentioned Bruce, it'll probably be more beneficial to new Tradition members who are not familiar with simulation football.

I think the second pitch in the video is close. It looks as though the pitch is made just as contact is initiated, opposed to after contact. Many option pitches are made in this fashion in real life. Pitching too early can result in a pitch being intercepted by the defense.

6. Iron Mickey

That's what the video was made for you jackleg!

I made it for TSO

7. egofailure

That was my point. Maybe I read Bruce's reply wrong, but I thought he was implying that the video explains the obvious. I was saying that newbies are really going to benefit from this.

I think it's a great start. More complex, priemere game issues could be addressed this way in the future.

8. Iron Mickey

I should have put your cheesey burrito roll-out play in there :)

9. egofailure

Haha, you read my mind. This could be a real team effort. (It's too bad Dean's not in this league anymore. You could have always grabbed one or two roll-out video shots from him per game.)

Funk could help out with the "running up the score" video, too. I still have the film of that Auburn-Alabama Championship game. ;-) Or we could ask Nick to record one of his three scores in 30 second moments (Final score 45-7) once he gets to a BCS school.

[​IMG]

10. Iron Mickey

At the rate he's going he wont be at any school here soon

• Like Like x 1
  11. egofailure

Is it possible to get fired and receive ZERO coaching offers?

12. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Idk, but if it's possible that's definitely gonna be me...

13. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

This post needs a dislike button.

• Like Like x 2