New DE restrictions

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    New DE restrictions

I think it might be time to address this.

Current Regulations
    DE: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 215 lbs

My suggestion:
    Weight restriction > 230
    Speed restriction < 92
    Height restriction > 6'2''

Some people might be wary of the height restriction, but you can ask any coach in D1 and they will move any guy smaller than that to DT in passing situations because the DE will not be tall enough to get his hands in the passing lanes off the edge. Not to mention they will just get driven outside the pocket by the 6'7'' Ts.

Let's discuss this and get some opinions.

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Personally I think 92 speed is too high.

I think our speed restriction for OLB is 90 and I would think for DE 88 should be top end speed.

I think 89 speed is 4.39 40 yard time. That is ridiculous for DEs. Now the CPU makes some but overall they just aren't out there.

92 speed is 4.33. That just doesn't exist for DEs.

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Neither does a 4.19 40. No football player can run this fast and the game produces way too many of them. NCAA really has retards doing the speed ratings. You can basically add at least a 0.15 to all players 40s to even get close to their real life 40.

Damarcus Ware was a DE at Troy and ran a 4.49 at the combine I believe. And he was a freak. So I see what you are saying, unfortunately, there is no parallel between the game and believable times.

I think an 88 or 90 speed limit would work as well. I was just throwing a number out there.

4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

90 works... its rare your gonna find a 90 speed DE anyway... if you do you shouldnt be penalized for it....

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have a freshman with 88 speed at DE about 215....after the first game he gets pushed around but don't explore outside the pocket on his side......you will get pounded. 90 + speed would be unfair cause then you could loop around the tackles all day. With 88 speed I can almost do that.

I also have a 6'7 DE on the other side who is slow but can knockdown a shit load of passes!

6. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Just to be sure, we are talking about position changes.

If there is a DE that the CPU makes that is 5'10" and 205 lbs but runs a 4.26 40, we can play him there. We are talking about taking an OLB that is 6'3" 240 lbs and runs a 4.29 and moving him to DE.

Or taking an ATH that is meant to play TE at 225 lbs with 4.29 speed and move him to DE.

If the CPU creates a DE with ridiculous stats then that is fair game, I believe that is what we are talking about.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Correct, just position changes. You can recruit whoever you want.