NEW DIRECTION OF LEAGUE!!!!

Discussion in '4th and Long' started by Snozberriez8198, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

After speaking with numerous members of our league I have developed a 4 member commitee to run this league as it should be. The league will consist of a (HEAD COMMISH), (AFC COMMISH) jay2149 , (NFC COMMISH) Troy J. , (CONTENT DIRECTOR) Doc Holliday904 . This commitee will give us the structure and leadership we need to be a successful thriving league. All 4 members will be the "trade commitee" and all will be responsible for couting until our league is full again.

Eventhough we now have the leadership we need to progress, we could also use EVERYONE'S help in finding good sim players. If you play a ranked game against a guy you think might be a good fit, send one of us his gamertag and we can contact them. Leagues live and die by the type people and players within the league. As you can see in the past few weeks I have booted some pmembers for inactivity, and some for being "bad eggs". I want EVERYONE in the league to be able to be excited to turn on thier xbox to play in every weeks game, and not have to worry about having a "bad gaming" experience.

Content will be a lot more in depth weekly on the site that will keep everyone involved and interested. Every week we will now have threads for : POWER RANKINGS, LEAGUE LEADERS, KING OF THE STICKS AWARD (VOTED ON BY MEMBERS WEEKLY) and working on a few more. ideas aways welcomed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Doc Holliday904

Doc Holliday904 Walk On

3. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

4. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

AFC beware

5. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

Sounds good

6. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Sounds good!

7. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

I've got a few suggestions

1) We need to have the board cleaned up and organized better
    On that main message board for our league, it should be a simple menu, and not have so much useless info. For example

"Advance dates" would be the title one thread, in there the commish is the only one allowed to post in the thread, and all he does is post the current week and when the deadline is to get games in. We shouldn't have 20+ posts on the main forum saying Advance Week 1, 2,3... It just add clutter to the main page

"Game Scheduling" should also get its on thread and in it should have a sub forum for Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, and so forth. Again this will keep things organize and make it more clear as to those who are actually scheduling their games.

We should also have forums for "Trade Block" and in that forum each team gets a sub forum that way others can go to the team forum and see exactly who is available. I hated having to scroll through all the random posts and offers, trying just to see who was available.

There should also be a "Scouting Report" thread.

Take a look at the organization of this league... http://www.fullaccessfantasy.proboards.com/

That was the best league I have been in (Madden 11 I think Fitz and Polu on the cover) That League went 4 seasons and was VERY active. I know this league can reach that level

2) we should have Scouting Reports
    This will help with getting everyone more active on the site. Each team should have a thread, where opponents can do a quick scouting report. We would have to make sure these reports didn't turn into rants. Some thing like

"TheGreatCV uses the Jaguars the way they should be used. You get plenty of MJD. CV will run on any down, and likes to go play action late in drives to hit the big play. The Jags do a good job of mixing M2M and Zone defenses and user controls the DE so he is always getting pressure on your QB"

This allows the other users to explore the forums and read scouting reports beffore their games. It also helps teams notice tendencies that they are doing, to make them become better gamers. If I see someone write a report saying that I hit my slot WR 90% of the time on 3rd downs, I know I've got to make an adjustment and start using other Targets.

3)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Doc Holliday904

Doc Holliday904 Walk On

I like the first 2 ideas but i dont know about the last one lol.