New disconnect rules are in effect... Read here, effective immediately

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

We can't waste time on this anymore.

Dru at T3 had some good ones in the same style that I wanted to do... Basically starting and playing the number of quarters remaining with whomever had the ball getting the kickoff. The team that was down has the chance to "tie" the game by being up however many points they were down... At the end of what WOULD HAVE BEEN four quarters whomever is up wins and plays out the rest as the other drops out. If it's tied, you play out the rest of the game as overtime.

----------------------------------------------

In the event of a disconnect, the following rules will apply:

• If one team is ahead by at least a TD and at least one quarter has been played, the game shall be restarted assuming that the score and time remaining is the same as if the disconnect had not happened. For example, Team A is ahead 7-0 at the end of Q1 when the disconnect occurs. The game should be restarted, and Team B is assumed to be behind by 7 points with 3 quarters to play. The winning team will finish the game vs the CPU and the other will drop. If by chance there is a tie after the game would be "over" play out the entire rest of the game as "overtime."
    • If the teams are within 3 points or fewer with less than 2 quarters played, the game will be restarted from the beginning.
    • If the teams are within 3 points or fewer with at least a half played, the game will be restarted in accordance with the first example.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Wow...honestly I'm confused and frankly am not understanding....sorry. ill read again.

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Got it seems fair, no reason to spend all night messing around. Good rule.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Have you got it now? I understand that it might be a little confusing but it really shouldn't be. If there are 2 minutes remaining in the first quarter for instance... Just restart. Doesn't matter the score, you have to get past the first quarter....

If there are 2 minutes remaining in the first half... You just play a half. Something both people can agree on. It doesn't have to be exact, just

1) agree on the time or amount of quarters you're going to play
    2) Make sure whoever had the ball gets the ball first at ABOUT where they had it before... If it was past the 50... Kick it short... etc.
    3) Keep track of what the score was. The person that was up is still theoretically up by that same amount. The person who was behind has to be winning by that same amount in order to "tie" and play till the end of the game. IF they are winning by MORE than that score they win and the person who was up quits out and lets them continue. If they are losing, or winning by less than the other person was up, they quit out and let the other person finish up.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

@Maxattax34
    @Zetroc

So in this case, with 3 min. left in the second quarter and Max up 10, you would start the game planning to play until 3 minutes into the 3rd Quarter, and Zetroc would have to be up by 10 (to continue to the end... known as "overtime" in this scenario. If Zetroc was up by less than 10 he disconnects and Max plays it out. If Zetroc was up by MORE than 10... Max disconnects and Zet plays it out.

@everybody, are these rules pretty clear or just confusing? They seem easy enough to me. It's even easier if you just write down the scenario right when the disconnect happens. In this case you would have disconnected a second time before the end of the game, but maybe Max has it in the bag by then, or you can start a third game knowing you only need to play 5 minutes or whatever...

It's just so pointless playing multiple times. The only game that should matter is the first... Where the game plans have something to do with it.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

No, they are clear. Ive had to do that a couple of times before in other dynasties. Zetroc said that had never happened to him before and I just wanted to play through my entire first user game in T1 ;)
    Of course, Zetroc can spot me 10 if he wants :p

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

That's part of the reason the rules were created. I always spotted people points if I was down significantly after the 1Q. But on the other hand I never once restarted a game while ahead and got any points. Tired of no real rules on that matter. Since you guys played twice without restarting, and this will be a different day, I'd suggest just going for a full game. But keep these restart rules in mind for if it disco's

8. Zetroc

Zetroc Uncle Rico Inspired

okay, sounds good to me.