New Event: 5 Questions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jun 7, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

So a week before release date we will be requiring a full (doesn't have to be an encyclopedia) write-up of your team... constructed on your own teams but with some effort and info for us to both a) know your team/players a bit and b) get excited with you about the upcoming season's possibilities. until then, I will be kind of giving weekly teaser questions (required) to wet our whistles a bit and keep us interested while also maybe getting some of us a head-start on some simple research. So please complete this by next Sunday (June 12th)

5 Questions:
    1) What 3 incoming freshmen (not RS) do you most expect and hope to be on the '12 rosters? What are there chances of earning real playing time in the first season? What was there recruiting pedigree and notables if any?
    2) Video Game Dynasty Focused: What game do you see being your toughest? Why? Way-too-early prediction on this game?
    3) Real-life Focused: What game do you see being your toughest? Why? Way-too-early prediction on this game?
    4) Who is your top 3 players on the upcoming roster? Please give us full info, stats, research on why this is so?
    5) Real-life Focused: Way-too-early prediction on your top 5 for the end of the season

Completed Questions:
    Hokie
    Weave
    Gramps
    Clemson
    Bonner
    Mullen (a horrible bush-league attempt to be sure)

2. ClemsonTiger55

ClemsonTiger55 Walk On

im a little confused,
    so this is questions about our dynasty teams and them in real life? so i would answer question 2 about my game team and question 3 about my real life team???

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

Question #1. Real life incoming freshmen that you hope will be on the video game roster and how you think you'll use them.
    Question #2. Video game
    Question #3. Real life
    Question #4. Real life
    Question #5. Real life

Hopes this helps @ClemsonTiger55

This is how I'll answer the questions.

4. vatechhokie01

5 Questions:
    1) What 3 incoming freshmen (not RS) do you most expect and hope to be on the '12 rosters? What are there chances of earning real playing time in the first season? What was there recruiting pedigree and notables if any?

(*all rankings based on Rivals)
    Adeboye Aromire
    ***, CB/S, 6'0, 192lbs, Washington DC, #37 CB in the country; notable other offers: Illinois, Maryland, UNC, WV
    Notes: Enrolled in January and played well. Will probably see most time at safety in backup of starter Atone Exum. One of those interesting players that might not make the EA roster but will play as a freshmen. Said to have good football IQ (3.5 GPA) and crazy athleticism (supposed 4.47 40-time).

Ronny Vandyke
    ****S/ROV, 6'3, 200lbs, Lorton, VA, #21 S in the country; notable other offers: BC, Maryland, Pitt, Rutgers, WV, UVA
    Notes: This is really just based on sheer size and athleticism. Vandyke rose fast and late and is supposedly a specimen. Mix that with us being a bit thin at the SS and ROV positions and he might see the field. But that said, this was one of our weaker recruiting classes and I would not be surprised to see almsot all RS except for Aromire

Kris Harley
    ****DT, 6'2", 265lbs, Indianapolis, IN, #24 DE in the country; notable other offers: Iowa, Mich, Neb, UNC, OU, USC (west)
    Notes: It is plain hard to for DTs to play as freshmen. And he weighs only 265lbs currently. But he is a big recruit and we are thin past our 2 starting DTs. Could see time but I would imagine a RS.

2) Video Game Dynasty Focused: What game do you see being your toughest? Why? Way-too-early prediction on this game?

UVA
    Notes: Weave and I have some video game history (since like high school!). Always a good game and its a rivalry, he can get in my head a bit if he gets up early and its an upset alert game so adds stress. We will see. (Plus Sample is an easy win).

3) Real-life Focused: What game do you see being your toughest? Why? Way-too-early prediction on this game?

UNC
    Our schedule is pretty easy this year. Get toughest matches at home. I HATE admitting this but the UNC-hatred is growing and seeing as we own them it might be there time and no matter how bad Butch sucks at coaching gameday and no matter how much they suck year after year, there undeniably remains one truth... the team is crazy loaded with talent! Might be there year... sigh.

4) Who is your top 3 players on the upcoming roster? Please give us full info, stats, research on why this is so?

Jayron Hosley
    ****CB, Junior, 5'10", 170lbs, Delray Beach, FL Predicted rating: 93OVR
    Notes: All-American CB, 1st team All-ACC. Led nation with 9INTs last year. Also has 2 career punt returns for TDs while averaging 11.7 per return. Was rated the #11 CB in the nation coming out of high school and played, playing extensively as a true freshmen. Is currently ranked as a NFL 1st-round draft pick by the uber-douchebags Mel Kiper (#17) and Todd McShay (#8). Is fast, quick, and badass. Will not get thrown at a lot.

David Wilson
    ****RB, Junior, 5'10", 201lbs, Danville, VA Predicted rating: 87OVR
    Notes: Was No. 40 in the nation, No. 4 RB in the country, and top player in VA out of high school. In extremely limited playing time (due to depth), has 9 rushing TDs, 4 receiving TDs, and 2 KO returns for TDs while averaging 5.5yds per carry and 23.3yds per kickoff return. Is a nationally-ranked triple-jumper and absolutely lightning fast.

Danny Coale
    **WR, Senior, 6'0", 196lbs, Lexington, VA Predicted rating: 89OVR
    Not the biggest, fastest, most highly-recruited, or even flashy guy. But he is absolute automatic... especially in big-time situations. For career, has amassed 105 receptions for 1754 yds with an avg of 16.7yds per catch and 5 TDS. He is currently also our 1st-string punter. Just pure badass.

5) Real-life Focused: Way-too-early prediction on your top 5 for the end of this upcoming college football season

1. Alabama
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Stanford
    4. Nebraska
    5. Boise St

5. vatechhokie01

Goose is basically correct. Although No. 4 can be a mix of real-life and game. See my reply.

6. ClemsonTiger55

ClemsonTiger55 Walk On

1.What 3 incoming freshmen (not RS) do you most expect and hope to be on the '12 rosters? What are there chances of earning real playing time in the first season? What was there recruiting pedigree and notables if any?
    #63 Joe Gore 6'6 260 pounds DE Might not make it on the ea roster but he's third on the depth chart this year for clemson football and i think his size he could become something.
    Cole Stoudt 6'4 200 pounds QB will be on the Ea roster and could become the starter if tajh boyd sucks i think he is a good QB and i would maybe use him in game,
    no other freshman the rest all redshirted

2.Video Game Dynasty Focused: What game do you see being your toughest? Why? Way-too-early prediction on this game?
    10/01/11 @ Virginia Tech i predict will be my toughest game. Lane stadium with "enter sandman" playing and over 65,000 fans screaming. I expect the
    hokies to be one of the best teams in the ACC and a possible National champion contender. i will also be coming off of playing Florida state at home and defending
    national champions auburn so my team will either come in with loads of momentum or a little sad with 2 loses either way after playing goose i am confident in my tigers.
    Clemson will be ready for the hokies. I predict it too go into overtime where i see this year ( and only this year ) the hokies get the win. Until the ACC championship game..

Real-life Focused: What game do you see being your toughest? Why? Way-too-early prediction on this game?

@ South Carolina, there one of the best in the SEC and that alone is good enough this game might decide if dabo stays or goes as well. Marcus Lattimore for Heisman.

4.Who is your top 3 players on the upcoming roster? Please give us full info, stats, research on why this is so?

Tajh Boyd 6'1 230 pounds sophmore, I think he will be like a mini cam newton according to espn heather dinich he fits in perfectly with the new offensive scheme clemson has this year.

DeAndre Hopkins 6'1 190 pounds sophomore, Last season he was really are only receiver the rest sucked. i think he has gotten much better over spring and this year he will start being more of a jacoby ford style WR .

Andre Ellingiton 5'10 190 pounds Junior, Last year they began sharing rushs until he broke from the pack and shown he was the best HB we have. last year he had 11 touchdowns last year and rushed for over 600 yards.

5.Real-life Focused: Way-too-early prediction on your top 5 for the end of this upcoming college football season
    1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. Boise St
    4. Oklahoma St
    5. Nebraska

7. Goose

Goose Walk On

Dude you don't have to kiss ass. Heath sucks and is an easy win every year. lol

Seriously best run game I've play online. PERIOD. The only way to beat him is to injure his RB in the first quarter.

8. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

9. vatechhokie01

bump this. you have until Sunday to fill this out. Or I'm going to boot your ass!

10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

bonner you copy pastin son of a bitch

11. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Hey i did the research. I thought it would come out better then it did. I just wanted you to see the faces of the players that will be kickin your ass this year!

• Like Like x 1
  12. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

5 Questions:
    1) What 3 incoming freshmen (not RS) do you most expect and hope to be on the '12 rosters? What are there chances of earning real playing time in the first season? What was there recruiting pedigree and notables if any?Anthony Zettel, DE/Dt/...a lil small for DT, Michigan kid who has a motor that doesnt quit (65th overall) Bill Belton WR, 5'9' but good slot WR and return man, Deion Barnes-Another DE, Big Fast Mean Dude
    2) Video Game Dynasty Focused: What game do you see being your toughest? Why? Way-too-early prediction on this game? Alabama week 2, could be all over from here. 27-24 W but who knows. Ohio State looms late that could have alot of meaning
    3) Real-life Focused: What game do you see being your toughest? Why? Way-too-early prediction on this game?Alabama on week 2 is going to absolutley roll Penn State, this isnt a real good team this year, L 41-10
    Depending on who wins the QB Battle, Rob Bolden could be a hell of a qb, think Terelle Pryor mold, otherwise walk on QB Matt McGloin showed that he can make the throws but sometimes to the wrong team.

At RB-Silas Redd has the ability to rewrite some record books at RB for Penn State...now is he smart enough to put in the work....

LB's Mauti and Stupar- senior leadership but this dude better recruit cuz starting LB's and secondary and DE, DT and DE graduate this year...

5) Real-life Focused: Way-too-early prediction on your top 5 for the end of the season
    Bama
    Oklahoma
    TCU
    Oregon
    and...
    Florida

13. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

[golf clap].Well done, Mr. Fancypants. I bet that was really hard to do with your Apple II E. [/golf clap].

15. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Sketchpad and a Super 8, 1962....

16. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

well tugboat...i am glad you suck at this game because content wise...you are way to good for this league

17. vatechhokie01

Holy. Crap. I can't hide it any longer. Gramps... I would like to get an apartment together.

What I love more than anything is how the 78yr olds awesome technological masterpiece was perfectly juxtaposed against Bonner's dumbass and the worst post I've seen in years.

Thanks for making me have to swipe with my finger like 8 times to get to the rest of the posts you douchebag.

18. vatechhokie01

Mormon, when do we get to see all your new and top-performing white guys?

19. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I will get it up this weekend ;)

20. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

This is going to be my breakout year....planning to win at least 6 games

21. vatechhokie01

^^^lol. man i love you.

22. vatechhokie01

bump. Tomorrow midnight is deadline. I've updated who has completed in the opening message.

23. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Thought I would get at least a gold star by my name!.....

24. vatechhokie01

those are reserved for your "I didn't pee in my diaper today" sticker board.

25. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Wow! Now that I have a league sticker board, I feel better!

[​IMG]