New Fantasy Football Dilemma

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by RynoAid, Nov 5, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Feb 9, 2009
    New Fantasy Football Dilemma

Ok, i got a couple choices to make this week, need some input...

At RB i can start 2 of these 3

Ray Rice @ Cincy (pretty sure this one is a lock to start)
    Ronnie Brown @ NE
    Felix Jones @ Philly

At WR i have one spot to fill and the following possibilities

Mario Manningham vs SD (his injury status is on the hush hush which scares me)

Roy Williams @ Philly (I know he's not been that productive so far, but the Cowboys seem to be intent on trying to work him the ball and get him going based on interviews i've heard this week)

Michael Crabtree vs Tenn (Had 6 catches for 85 yards in his last game, but i also have Vernon Davis as one of my starters... i can't expect them both to have good days can I? )

So tell me what you think.

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Jun 5, 2009
    I'd go with Rice for sure, Brown has a tough matchup, but will get more carries than Jones so I'd go with Brown and Crabtree is a no brainer to me. Tennessee is awful against the pass and Crabtree has 5 and 6 catches respectively in his first two games. Manningham is questionable and I hate counting on questionable players, receivers especially and he sat out last thanks...Williams is strugggggling I'd leave him alone for right now.

For what it's worth. Good luck this week. Half of my team is on a bye this week so it took the guess work out of my lineup.
  3. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Feb 10, 2009
    Ray Rice should never leave your starting lineup.

Ronnie Brown would be my 2nd choice.

Crabtree for the WR spot. The Titans defense is getting shredded against the pass, and Alex Smith has looked decent since coming in.
  4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Ray Rice and Ronnie Brown (never ever sit Ronnie Brown)

Your WR situation sucks!
    IMO Roy Williams sucks and has no connection with Romo
    Mario is becoming a #3 and Nicks progresses
    Crabtree I would start...good matchup.
    Vernon Davis....good start also. Tenn cant stop the pass....or the run for that fact.

If it was my team.....Crabtree and Mario. Fuck Roy....learn to run precise routes and you will get the ball.
  5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Feb 10, 2009
    I heard someone talking on the radio last night saying that this would be Crabtree's week to score.
  6. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Sep 18, 2009
    Rice is a lock. I would go with Brown over Jones. You never know with Dallas if Barber is going to show up.... and then you have 3rd stringer Choice which could get some carries. Brown has a tough match-up, but at least you know the Dolphins will be dedicated to giving him the ball.

For WR, I would go with Williams and Crabtree unless Manningham is a for sure go. Williams isn't going to have Austin numbers... but I think the pressure is being taken off of him in the pass game, and if Philly puts a ladder coverage on Austin, Williams will find some space in man on man. Crabtree has looked good in his first 2 games, and I expect the niners to get him the ball. He might not be a huge TD threat with Davis on the team, but he will get his catches and probably be right around 80 - 90 yards receiving.