New Feature: Positional Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JQwon13, Dec 29, 2011.

1. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Hey guys, I was thinking of doing another new feature starting next season once our players go through progression. It will be a pre season feature. Basically a breakdown of the top 3 units from teams in our league. So the league's best 3 QBs, best 3 running back groups, best receiving corps (top 3 receivers on each team make up a corps). So not necessarily the best one player at each position. Cuz some positions like WR and OL will be a corps evaluation.

I was gonna do it one of two ways...

1. Once players go through progressions, everyone could just PM me their players ht/wt and rankings at each position

Or

2. We assign a position to each user. For example, I do the QBs, Kasper does the RBs, Redd does the WRs etc....

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I like the idea, would be a good addition in my opinion.

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I'm down for it, that's cool.

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Go do your Crushy votes!

5. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I'm on board... but what about OC Hall of Fame? Does OC have a HOF system?

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

No, I thought about that as well. But guys haven't spent as much time hyping up players here as we did in H4Y. Hell I still remember that shitty player that AJ (John Galt) had that he came up with some ridiculous back story for. And that guy never even started.

Also DirtyCash texted me the other day to get my stud MLB's name. That guy wasn't even that great, he was like a 74 OVR but it was when our teams were in the 60's. Anyway, they named an award after him over there. Of course after he graduated, I renamed Kent St's stadium after him. Adam Collins Memorial Stadium.

7. CoachRedd

lol isnt he the guy you said got gunned down in a drive by?

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Not exactly...He did the drive by and killed a few of Fever's graduating players from Idaho including that QB he loved. Then Collins was killed by police in a shootout following the incident. That's when i named a stadium after him. Fever took his revenge by slaughtering Collins' family.

9. CoachRedd

of course...how could I forget. lol

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

And I'm sure you still remember your tall tight end, that wasn't even very good, lol. Wasn't it Ray something?

11. CoachRedd

Ray Fisher. Only the greatest NCAA Player..ever. I still remember the Hardies awards where you did the whole him dropping the mic because he had like 30 drops his senior year. Good shit.

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Hahah, ah yes. I forgot about that. We had our little TE battle. Johnson won TE of the year his jr season and finished 2nd behind Fisher his sr year. Despite the fact that Johnson was a man among boys. Johnson ended up in the H4Y HOF in the same class as my DE Adam Carter. Did Fisher make it?

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well we will have to start a Hall of Fame then!

And yeah do this by yourself Qwon - it will be more objective then because Purdue won't be the top at any of the units. An idea too, post it over in the blog! I was kind of hoping we could do all the stuff like that in that thread.

I'll work on something for a Hall of Fame

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Word. Just to give you an idea on how we did it.... Each year we nominated any players from our team that we felt were worthy and posted their career stats and accolades. We didn't actually start it until like 3 years in tho. So that it was players that were freshmen when we first started the dynasty and spent all 4 years under us.

Then the league voted and the top 3 vote getters were admitted into the hall of fame. We kept a pinned thread with the hall of fame which was updated every season with the new players. We also included a couple sentences about that player from his coach.

It's important to remember that this was about a career tho. Not one year wonders. Also, not really an issue here, but we didn't admit transfers into the HOF. Because with our horrible teams, transfers were more like mercenaries. We referred to them as hired guns.

15. CoachRedd

I remember voting for your DE and TE. They were the premier players on your offense and defense. I always remember wondering how the fuck you ever lost to DCD and Nik because your defensive scheme was unbeatable. I could score points on Nik and DCD but I could never stop them so I would lose. But your kent state defenses were absotlue monsters.

And yes, My boy Ray Ray made it. At least I think he did. I think I campaigned for him so much that H4Y voted him in just to shut me up. He was my whole offense. Not too different than CJ is for Iowa. I guess I favor throwing to Tight Ends.

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'll start it this year JQwon13 .. fuck it.

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah I voted for Ray. Couldn't deny his sorry ass a spot despite the drops ;)

And I don't know how, but Carter and Johnson were 4 stars that I managed to land in my first or second recruiting class. It was so early on that they were so much better than everyone else. I completely changed my offensive scheme around Johnson. Nik would double him with a safety in our games. Carter had over 40 career sacks despite only registering 6 his freshman year cuz I played him at LB.

And I did beat Nik and DCD while Carter and Johnson were there. Beat DCD twice and Nik once with those two. Only time I beat Nik...

18. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

As in after this upcoming season?

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

like now..

20. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I'd wait until after this next season. That way it's guys that were freshmen and it will give us a season of campaigning. It's all about getting your guys names out there.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I've been campaigning the shit out of my CB I have guys that i wonder if I will ever have someone as good. I'm sure a few people could tell you the name of my CB

EDIT: as good stat wise

22. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Cameron fucking Marshall

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

who?

my guy is AJ Marshall-- wow you just shit all over a legend

24. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

AJ, damn my fault!

25. CoachRedd

You were thinking of my boy Cameron Marshall (pac 12 RB of the year) at Arizona State...Its understandable that you still ahve nightmares of him.