New Forum - Thoughts

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DatNDaz, Feb 21, 2009.

1. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

New Forum - Thoughts

I think we need to keep in mind that a lot of thought and work has already gone into organizing these boards. That said, maybe there's some simple things we can do at the outset to organize the OFFL boards to our liking.

My initial thought is that we should have 1 general forum at the top of the OFFL section. Since we're running all 3 leagues with the same rules, it would be a place for general news, rule discussion, etc. Might keep things cleaner/less confusing. It might also be the appropriate place for an OFFL waiting list, although maybe we're just going to be sharing one big waiting list with the existing TF leagues. Probably more to come on that.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

We can customize things a bit once we get up and running. League news will begine to migrate over in a couple of days, when Ryno has the time to set us up. There's some Techie stuff that needs to be done. Making changes in the forums should be easy. I think I might be able to do it.

AG

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I can do it if you would like me to.:)

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I'm just throwing out an idea, not sure if it's a great one or not. I think we want to avoid posting certain things to all 3 leagues, but we also don't want to have too many sets of forums because that can get confusing.

We should also probably discuss the sub-forums. I think I like the 3 we have. Scheduling, results, and scouting reports (this one is a great idea IMO). Are there any others that would be very useful?

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think a general forum where we could discuss issues and such, and whatever else comes up, is a good idea. We kind of have this on the hub page, but a separate forum for this is OK with me.

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Hey Guys

Hey everyone, I'm liking the new forums and website. Sorry I haven't been as active as I've wanted to be lately on the boards, been bogged down with work. But it's looking like I should be in the clear for a while so you'll be seeing more of me on here for sure.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Cool. I just posted the article Dat wrote on the title game under the news section of league one. Check it out. It's really easy to do this kind of thing, so I'm sure content for all three leagues will start pouring in soon.

For everyone - From now on, when you're posting stuff about your teams in the forums, keep it in the back of your mind that I might be grabbing your text and posting it as news. Write these like short news blurbs, and I'll snag them from time to time and post them for you.

AG

8. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I didn't notice anything on the hub page, but if there's already a spot for this, let's use it rather than creating more sub forums. But I think a home for rules / issues / penalties discussion is needed, especially for discussions like we had with the recruiting limits that end up affecting all 3 leagues.

When I go back and look at the set of forums Shaun created, I think they make a lot of sense. Each league has its own section, but there's also a "General" section at the top for news & issues, and the waiting list. We don't need to lay them out exactly the same way, but that's basically the type of thing I have in mind.

http://www.oldfellasleague.com/forum/index.php

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'm finally over here as well, and everything looks great and navigates easily. Nice job guys, and thanks!

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think the forum you guys might be talking about is kind of what we had in mind for the 'Locker Room' section. It's not league specific so if there is an announcement or something of the like, feel free to do all of that there.

The idea was to have a place where everyone could come in and josh with each other, but you'll see things posted there that everyone will need to read from time to time.