NEW Free Agent Claim & Blind Bidding System.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

NEW Free Agent Claim & Blind Bidding System.

Please read and familiarize yourselves with it. This has also be updated in our League Rule books on Google Docs.

Our current Free Agent System will still be used for Regular Season Free Agent Bidding.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

you have 5 claim tags that can be used at a time. As you win or lose on a free agent, you get that claim back and can be used on another player.

We also have a system that will allow me to place my initial and 2nd bid (if needed) BEFORE i open the league emails on any player that I want. This way the board sees that I am being held accountable and can not cheat the system.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Don't know if I am gonna like this change. Guess we'll see.

4. Jeremy

Added some things.

5. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

seems interesting, i think it will stop some people from bidding on every single player, i like it!

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Only thing I don't really care for is the blind bidding. I do like the limited claims on players. Blind bidding I'm not a fan of, but I guess I'll have to get over it.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think blind bidding is more realistic. I like it.

8. shuffman25

shuffman25 Walk On

Im gonna have to hire a real life assistant to figure all this out, I need a GM!

9. shuffman25

shuffman25 Walk On

Not that my opionion accounts or anything,

BUT my opionion is any time we have a rule change or something like this it should be put to a vote, sorta like a owners meeting...where majority wins or 75% to pass etc etc etc

10. natedawg212000

In real life that would work great shuffman. In the OMFL it would never work. No way you get hardly anyone to actually come and vote, the votes would take forever, and nothing would get accomplished. Most people in this league are very inactive, so thats why we do it the way we do. If you are an active owner you get a board position opened up to you and then you get your voice heard. We have a suggestion thread that is open to the owners of the league and the league board takes them into consideration.

It's really not complicated at all. We are going to try blind bidding (which I was not a fan of the first time i used it either) because this will keep bids realistic. When a 80's wr goes for 50 points, thats just stupid. This system will be as 'loop-hole-less' as possible and will allow for GM's to actually use their brain and not get caught up in emotions and screw up their teams like last year.

This is for the betterment of the league.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Actually the more I read it the more I think I might be more open to it then I thought. With 4 or more owners, the top 3 get a rebid, which I like. I do have one question though which may be stupid: Will the top 3 be told what position they are in before rebidding? You don't have to say how much the difference is, but it would be nice to know if I have to really re-up a bid, or possibly stand pat. If not, no biggie, but I think it would not be too unbalancing to say that much.

12. natedawg212000

No you will not know what position you are in. It will just be that you are in the top 3. This way it does add a sense of a person over paying if they really want a player. Sorta like the agent calling you and telling you they are considering you and 2 other teams offers and will decide in the next 24 hours. If you really want that player then you up your bid if you feel its not good enough. If you feel thats all you will pay, then you stay the same and see how it plays out.

Should be fun.

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

I really like this system.

To SHuffman....we have a rules committee in place that actually does vote on these things and I know they don't take changing things lightly. This is something that we have worked on for at least the last two weeks while trying to hammer every loophole closed.

This is as close to real free agent bidding as it gets. Just like in real life, you don't know the other teams offers. Going to be fun as Nate said.

14. shuffman25

shuffman25 Walk On

ya i like it as well im totally for it. All i was saying is maybe let everyone voice there concerns. I get the idea behind stop bidding wars people doing detramental things to there team for years to come then quiting the league i understand it totally, that being said i just myself like the idea of 30 people getting a vote on everything league wise, but nate had said you had some people wheren't activate enough and i didnt know this so a selection committee would be the best option out there right now. Just maybe we could get to the point where everone was active enough to do it similiar to a owners meeting. also my opionion doesnt matter :)

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, we do have the suggestions sticky at the top of the main forums area for any ideas we have in the league.

An idea just came to me though: what if we had a few non board member owners represent a suggestions committee? Say one active owner from each division can be responsible for voicing their opinions in a members only forum for things to bring to league attention? Would take some of the load off the board's plate and encourage participation amongst those active owners.

I realize by suggesting this that it seems I'm wanting a lot of chiefs and not a lot of indians (pardon the pun since I own the Chiefs lol), but the committee suggested above could vote on ideas to put forth to the board for rules changes and the like. Give a few others a voice that could represent divisions and help out the presidents/commishes.

16. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

for what it's worth, if this was up for an owner's vote, I would definitely be voting for it

17. natedawg212000

i really think we just keep a suggestions thread going and any ideas to better the league can be ran through there and discussed there. We always listen, but there's a reason we have it set up the way we do. If your active, post often, and stay plugged in then your opinion gets across and is taken into consideration. The board is not full of yes men (as you should know winuvas) and is a good 'taste test' so to speak of the league.

Shumann, your opinion does matter. We do listen and will listen to your concerns.

18. Jeremy

UPDATED

Changed-
    If only one (1) owner has placed a claim,the player is awarded to that team for the amount of the sent in bid.

to

If only one (1) owner has placed a claim,the player is awarded to that team for the MINIMUM bid.

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah, I didn't mean it to sound like the board isn't listening. To be fair, usually there aren't people talking to listen to. LOL

20. Jeremy

UPDATED

Changed:

to