New Genre Possibility?

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by Gyrene76, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I know this website is Tradition Sports Online.

Obviously, apart from MMORPG's, sports are really the only online gaming experiences that cater to a community such as ours.

I know that we have an exception. The TSO Shooters, such as CoD.

Well, I didn't know if there would be room for another genre. I have no idea how it would go, but I know if you attract the right people, you will get more traffic for this unique gaming type.

That would be RPG. Console based only of course, and specifically Skyrim.

I am not a Skyrim guy, and probably would not play it, but I have come across "Sim" type experiences that are organized for Skyrim. Where people get together and play there characters and have interactions as if they were really in the same world.

Anyways, just an idea.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Isn't Skyrim single player?

3. Gyrene76

It is.

However, there is this guideline on how to play as a community.

Here is a link to another site: http://skyrimforums.org/threads/sky...de-to-free-form-role-play-for-beginners.5076/

I happened to see it and saw that a lot of people were doing it and getting a lot of forum discussion as well (which is good for TSO). Furthermore, I know there are guys on here who play Skyrim and may be interested in hitting it up.

4. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

While I wouldn't be participating, I do see the CB often talking about different strategy RPGs(I think, that's what they look like when I google 'em,) but they're for the PC mostly?

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I guess I don't get how we would be useful.

6. CrackinBacks

CrackinBacks Walk On

I could see maybe for an RPG like Boarderlands, but guess that would fall under the shooter genre? More of a Hybrid game

7. Gyrene76

It's cool. Like I said, it's not an absolute necessity by any stretch. Just thought if someone gotmit real organized, that it could be a hige hit for a sect of gamers.

Like Crackin said, certan games could do it. But basically, you make a character and post in the forum about your background, story, and adventure. All this while on Xbox live with your party who are in "the same" world as you.

8. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

MMORPG groups could be fun. Final Fantasy Online, Guild Wars 2 and so on.

9. Gyrene76

Yeah, I've never actually played a MMORPG. I've played Skyrim and it obviously is not.

But I have friends who like them quite a bit.