new guy joining

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, May 11, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

LeatherHelmets (psn name: ravens66tug) is joining our league. He is old, terrible, and mean. He's going to be Washington which is pretty awesome.

I think he spent a few months ago in Uganda with his missionary wife and now lives in Mexico working at a Burrito plant. Not sure. I'll let him tell you in the bio. But welcome this guy. We now have an old guy (which will be my official nickname for him) to set all us straight.

2. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Thanks for the entertaining, funny and to a degree almost true intro.....what's true;

Age 62.....old is a state of mind, mean....well I was a school vice principal for 7 years of educational career, terribile....well not quite I do like dogs and kittens!.......of course frame all of the latter around the fact that I was in the Marine Corps for 3 years...

What's not quite true....my wife is mental health therapist, not a missionary....we did just get back from Uganda where she worked with a missionary family, I do live in Mexico...would like to work in a burrito plant, but can not take jobs away from Mexicans........

As an old guy I am new to gaming/NCAA and Madden since Jan 2010....never had done any prior....it has been a learning experience and humbling...especially given the fact that I played hs football, 2 years of small college ball and coach hs ball for 4 years!.....I found out that translating that experience into gaming is a different ball game...

As the old guy in the league I can offer life time advice in all areas.....despite which you will probably go out and make the same mistakes I did!

My goal is to develop my skills, have fun and beat these young guys who grew up gaming......while I was defending America againist Communism and then working with the youth of American for 33 years as a teacher and adminstrator......at times it was like a war!

While you are at work.....I am thinking about how I can beat you!.....or taking an afternoon nap!

[​IMG]

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

"and beat these young guys who grew up gaming......while I was defending America againist Communism"

this is about as amazing as trash-talking gets. well done...lmao.

enjoy your nap. if you fall out of your hammock just push that emergency medical button necklace thingy on the rope around your neck and the meds will be there in no time.

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

hot damn, you're not much younger than my grandparents.

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

do you have a jitterbug cell phone? You know the one with the big numbers so you can see.

6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

just a tip...when pausing the game to mix up a mean glass of Metamucil, just let us know....also, how many of your players will get hurt and be out for the season due to a broken hip?

Welcome old guy, we are glad to have you. Hope you find these ramdom misfits as much fun as i do...

watch out for sample, he will rob you and steal your Rascal

7. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Cell phone...is that some kind of biological thing?....my players never get injured as they are hopped up on meds....and any pauses I make is to give my opponent time to regroup as I am busting his chops!

People in my age group also work, vote, drive and have a cool beverage from time to time