New Guy

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CursiveCA, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CursiveCA

CursiveCA Walk On

New Guy

I need to get my scrimmage in with CoachGaddy first but hopefully I can get either the Seahawks or Falcons when we finish.

Looking forward to the opportunity to play with everyone.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

I am filling in for Gaddy. My AIM is sterlingcoug. Let me know when u are ready to roll.

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Welcome Cal, hope you do well in your match with dunlap.

4. CursiveCA

CursiveCA Walk On

I didn't like scrimmage at all, guy comes out with custom team so I can't see who his players all. He tells me it's his OMFL team, but not really fair since I can't see who I need to double team or account for. I used default Seahawks team because that's who I figured I would be, he is a team with Drew Brees, MJD, Steve Smith, Patrick Kerney, ect. If that is his OMFL team how does the Jags have enough to trade for all those people?

He also brought in both safties in the box when I ran, and then complained all I ran was strong close off-tackle all game, Actually I only had 15 carries in the game, 3 were goaline when I was with 3 yards of a TD, I ran I form TE Pair 4 times, and Strong Close pitch 3 times. So I figure I ran Strong Close Off-Tackle 5 times.

He was losing by 17 in the 4th and quit on me, the only thing he complained about was the FS in the box and then he quits. Seemed like a bit of a sore loser to me, especially complaining about a run play when I passed 60%-70% of the time.

I'm not going to complain about anything he did, but he did not make this franchise one I want to be a part of. Maybe I can get a game in with the person I was supposed too and things will be different.

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

uh huh.....

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

If you didn't like dunlap's play then you won't like any league on this site. He is a board member of this league. Also you obviously didn't read the rules to know how you can get who on a team. As an active member of this site I vouch for dunlap and think you would have experienced the same result against Gaddy.

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Well, Im not gonna comment on the gameplay and that, but...as far as the roster goes OMFL is in its 2nd season with 4 trades per team per season and Free Agency as well. I don't know exactly how Dunlap got some of the players, but I know Drew Brees came in a trade I believe with obviouslly the Saints for a first round pick. Some "big name" guys get cut to free agency to make cap room for that team as explained within the rules which you should read if you have not already done so. So it is possible to have a "fantasy" like roster. The Jaguars team you played is in fact his OMFL league team.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

He didn't play by our rules at all, plain and simple.

I told him I'd give him another chance. . .

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

My opinion (even though it probably doesn't count, lol)

Let him play Gaddy. He's running the ball from the same formation, easy fix. I've witnessed worse playcalling. He claims Sdunlap was bringing both safeties in the box. If it's the linebacker box he's referring to, that's kind of messed up. Something I would harp upon as well.

Not taking sides but both things could of been stated during the game. Sdunlap could of told him to mix up the playcalling and CA could of asked was bringing safeties into the box accepted.

Issue could of been resolved with a little communication. Don't know the full story but I think the individual should get scrimmed again.

*BTW, good job on beating the Jags with the Seahawks, lol. Them boys are stacked.

10. CursiveCA

CursiveCA Walk On

Yup we are going for another game, hopefully tonight if not tomorrow. I have to switch my playbooks, because the ones I used were not setup for SIM playing which was my fault. I re-read rules and saw what I did wrong.

Also going to a Offensive PB with no Off-Tackle, I hope you know I'm still going to win and I'll be following you rules this time.

The trades also make sense if you guys trade draft picks, I didn't know this was the case. Hopefully I make it in and don't get stuck with a horrible team.

Just let me know ahead of time if you are still going to use you OMFL team with no names and I'll at least pick a better team then the Seahawks.

11. CursiveCA

CursiveCA Walk On

I read the rules, I didn't see anywhere about moving the FS up which is my fault 100%. I also thought if I picked a running play and flop the run to the weak side and motioned my FB which I thought it would be considered a different play, I now know this is not the case. Also the only other rules I broke was a challenge, which was a bomb to the back of the endzone and I really just wanted to see how close I got.

My defense is tough, but the playbook I used on offense is setup for only 1 run play; Strong Close Off-Tackle. I'll use the Raiders or Run-n-gun playbook on Offense this time.

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

"I will beat you again"......

LOL....is this BigOx in disguise? Ask him how well that attitude has worked.

Anyways I'll be on in 30 mins and the rest of the night.

13. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I don't really know how I feel about this thread. Not sim style and then calling out my board member isn't a good way to start out.

14. CursiveCA

CursiveCA Walk On

I called out your board member because he reflects badly on your online franchise.

I picked a random team and two random playbooks that had same team, game was close and I tried to go by rules best I could from what I remembered. I think I was told I was outside of the numbers on a pass late in the game.

Unfortunately he was using offensive players on defense; #89 in the video is Steve Smith. I'm assuming on short and goal he was calling FG/Punt block which isn't sim(Check Video).

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17111531

Also late in the game I threw a pick, it pretty much put the game away after a short score as he went up 17 late. But instead of running out the clock on final possession he tries to score, not exactly good sportsmanship.

You might want to consider not letting this guy play your scrimmages as he gets his feathers ruffled easy. I as a new guy am supposed to come in here and thing I'm a good player and would do great in this franchise. If I wasn't pretty good you would have probably dropped 60 or 70 if he could just because he was trying to prove a point. I believe the final score was 45-35 in his favor in which he ran only 5 times?

Sorry for wasting your time but this is not a franchise I want anything to do with if everyone is the same. When I do scrimmages I almost always lose, I play as sim as I can and see how the other player reacts.

15. CursiveCA

CursiveCA Walk On

I chose the Chargers, and used the Raiders offensive and defensive playbooks. Mixed it up the best that I could, hit Antonio Gates over the middle a lot but he had 1 on 1 coverage with a LB.

I've never used the Chargers and neither playbook.

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, enough is enough. This thread is locked and we shall get someone else to fill a team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.