New Job/ Upcoming availability

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Shino45, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

New Job/ Upcoming availability

First off I am sorry I have not been around the last week and a half like I normally have. Some of you know I am a recent College Graduate and I've been job hunting for a few months. Things heated up the past few weeks and I've had a couple of interviews... The last being an office visit yesterday at a firm in Odessa, TX. Anyway I just got and accepted a job offer with the firm today. My start date is November 1st, so over the next month I will be getting things straight and moving again... this time from St. Louis to Midland, TX.

For now I will get my games in quicker, and get back to posting on the forum regularly. But there maybe some times over the next month I can't check in as often or may have to go on auto-pilot. But Thanks in advance for working with me.

2. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Congrats on the job.

3. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Thanks.... I've never been this excited about work. I was starting to question if I was ever going to find a good opportunity.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Congrats on the new job. What type of job will you be working in November, if you don't mind me asking?

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Congrats shino, good luck with the move and the new gig.

6. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Entry level Audit Associate at a Public Accounting Firm.

For me the Job is an A+, This is the job I wanted out of college

The People are also A+, I loved my office visit, love the people, very laid back but hard working, close-knit group

Location is the only downfall... I grade Midland C/C+. I prefer bigger cities, and Odessa/Midland is a smaller city in the middle of west texas... Not as much to do... The good thing is I'm within 5 hours of Dallas/Austin/San Antonio which is an easy weekend drive for me.

Thanks for the congrats.

7. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Way to go Shino!!! (y)

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Shino, I worked in public accounting for over 8 years, and left PwC last year as an audit manager. If you want any tips or advice, hit me up on aim sometime.

9. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Congrats Shino. I live in Houston, but was out in Midland/Odessa Tuesday and yesterday. I travel out there about 3 times a year.

good luck to you out there!

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

As a fellow public auditor (I'm typing this from year 2 training) congrats on the job and welcome to the profession. Buckle your chin strap though, you're not in college anymore haha.