New Leadership

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by fuzzyl0gic, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I Peench Does the change in leadership mean any changes for the league's day-to-day operations? Will advances be strictly at 10 PM EST now (meaning no extending them because you don't feel like playing in the 48 hour window)? Will more content be demanded? Just curious.

2. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Hopefully we stay true to TMFL tradition .. But oh... Let's address passing Lol...
    Nothing crazy, but playing in a league on 8 QBA... Even 5-6 may yield a more enjoyable game and realistic passing beyond 10 yards.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Keep strict 48 window.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I think our game yesterday illustrates this perfectly.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Yesterday on sportscenter, they were talking about NFL completion percentages. Geno Smith leads the NFL with 52% completion beyond 15 yards, which I thought was ridiculously low. But turns out its pretty good and in line historically.

Anyway, I vote for slowly up ticking the accuracy slider until we find a happy balance of challenge and succes. IMO, 4 is too low.

• Like Like x 2
  6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I definitely think we need to bump it up slowly and see what happens. I am not sure how everyone else feels but I think we need to wait until the beginning of the season to change sliders and not during the season.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

This 100%

• Like Like x 1
  8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I say we leave them alone. :)

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

For once I agree with the old fart.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I think a bump in the passing slider only will not cause any majors problems , if anything it will allow those who grow tired of missing 3-5 yard routes to not hate passing and enjoy our league more.

Stats are the least of concerns at the moment

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I would say between 5 and 7...

If we did.

12. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I was playing with it at 8 in an offline , I was completing 75% of passes on a good day , about 55-60 in a tough game.

I had Brock Osweiler at QB for reference.

I would suggest 6 as a good starting point.

• Like Like x 1
  13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Yea, no higher than 7..

14. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Now of course the CPU does not trick you much on defense , so the user element would keep the comp % down too vs CPU I think.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I agree with the old man as well. Really keeps scores and passing stats down and shitty QBs shitty except for Lawdog because he cheats.

I would only raise it 1 at the most.

• Like Like x 2
  16. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think starting at 5 is good. Shit, that's a 25% increase.

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

What are we at now?

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'd say try 5 at the most then.

20. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

The passing sliders need to be adjusted , here is my long winded take on why :cool:

I suggest we up them to 6 for now.

First the stat facts :

Andy Dalton has thrown for 4500 + yards, I have more attempts at time of this post than anyone else in the league.

Dalton has 62.2% completion , only 3 players in TMFL have a higher %.

In the NFL (IRL) currently 13 players have higher comp % (including bum ass T. Pryor)

In the NFL there are only 4 QB's with 55% or under, in TMFL we have 13.

Madden / NFL facts :

There are regression points that you earn for your QB for throwing 3 INT or more in a game, and for throwing 20+ in a season.

We have 12 QB's who have thrown 20 already , 3 of which have 30+.

NFL has only 6 QB's on pace for 20+ INT's.

NFL projections : (#1)Peyton 5600+ yards on season , (#5) Stafford 4600 yards , (#10) Schaub 4100 yards roughly.

TMFL: (#1) Dalton 4500 + , Brady 3900 + , Vick 3600 +

My opinions :

The elite players will be elite even we make them play with Uncle Rico , it just is what it is.

We have no clue what the regression factor will be for those with high INT numbers, this could just compound the issue.

Nuking the pass accuracy has not leveled any playing field or made the league better or even more SIM stat wise.

I have a hunch at least 75% of the league is frustrated with the slider, it does not make hard passes harder it just randomly makes you miss.

We can keep scores down by making a conscious effort to chew an extra 5 seconds off the clock and run the ball a bit more.

Having less errant throws for no reason will lead to more competitive games , and overall improvement in happiness.

Why I have thrown for 4500+ yards :

Anybody who was in TMFL last year knows my game is more of a pound the ball & PA than stand back and chuck it 40 times. This year has been a major frustration for me. One of the main reasons I have so many yards is being behind in a lot of games, 6-9 on the year and when you are down 2 + scores in the second half you will find yourself throwing the rock. I also have had trouble running the rock consistently , I will get a thousand yard back but at 4 ypc it has not always been a good rushing attack for me. The game this year has me scratching my head and going into CB rage with the defense , I have yet to find anything other than man press that stops defense well , which I can only run so often before I start feeling like a cheesedick.

In short , numbers don't always tell the story. I think we need to think more about what the slider is doing than what we assume it is accomplishing. The side effects are not helping our league. I have discussed this with Peench prior to this coming up in the thread , so he is aware of our concerns but I felt I would share my in depth opinion , rather than just look at numbers and assume I know what is going on.

• Like Like x 7
  21. Hova

It has curbed the stats. The only cheese stat we see is noles and AP :rolleyes: Had we stayed on normal passing there would be about 20 guys over 5000 yards passing and WRs near 1500 all over

• Like Like x 1
  22. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I'm confused where you got your stats for passing yards. Were you leaving people out intentionally? We currently have 3 people over 4,000 yards passing and could easily finish the year with 8.

On a side note though I do agree with you. Its frustrating enough when you're forcing throws and making bad decisions, but when you have a QB like Brees and you have a WR wide open but instead Brees throws the ball 10-15 yards behind the receiver to a LB standing there who wasnt even in the play previously, it becomes rather frustrating. Never in my life have I seen Brees throw a pass that terribly, yet I've seen it 6+ times this season.

Imo there is a fine line in trying to do whats best for the "league" and making the game impossible to have fun with. For me atleast, we've crossed the line into "not fun" a little bit.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I picked the stats from CF site , so perhaps they are not updated ? At any rate I wanted to show yardage level from 1-5-10 ranked passers, rather than all top ten. Seemed like more work than needed to make my case.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

But at what cost are we "curbing" the passing ? You think having 66% of the league throwing 20+ INT is good for longevity of the league ? Something must be done , nobody is saying up it to 25 accuracy but if we keep this up we will have a 18 man league and only 4 people might have a QB worth a shit after regression.

25. Hova

You can lower the amount of INTs you throw. You have to limit attempts and actual throws you try to make, at this point you know what does and does not work.

I agree its really dumb but its the game its self.

When guys say "I see a wide open guy and can't hit him" is true, but its also true that guys will ALWAYS be wide open because coverage is broken. I hope bumping it a little will fix the insane misses but there has to be some degree of that or its back to everyone passing for 5000 yards and never giving up in games and scores being 55-50 again.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.