New League idea - Alma Maters - 360

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Lobster Killah, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lobster Killah

Lobster Killah Custom Title!?

Okay I'm not positive where to put this, or if I'm even allowed to do this here.. so please, please, please do not ban me if it's against the rules, I've enjoyed my short time here way too much for that to happen.

I've been playing a lot offline lately, and have come to find out that when I use a created team I can get much more involved in the game. I currently attend, and work for a small college in Massachusetts. I went through and created my school and all of the other schools in the conference (I did download a few that I found online) and have been logging a lot of time playing that dynasty.

I got to wondering if anyone else has tried this. Would anyone be interested in starting a OD using smaller created schools? I went through and made a list of all 1/2 star teams that could be subbed out in exchange for user created schools and there are I believe 45. 5 Conferences have 4 or more teams that meet that criteria, so there are a number of different layouts that could be used, ranging from splitting the teams up so that everyone had another human or 2 or 3 in their conference, to just putting teams in the conference that closest resembles their real life location.

I would be open to suggestions for an advance schedule if this league were to come to fruition. My only concern would be with member turnover. Once a OD is started, you can't arrange conferences or add created teams, so a large amount of turnover would hurt the league, even more so then other leagues. I'm just trying to gauge interest and see if anyone would be want to play something like this.

I would even take a shot at creating some of the schools if people didn't want to do it on their own, but I think if people took the time to create the team (uniforms et al) on their own it would only strengthen their vested interest. While I am new to the community, the best case scenario would see some veteran guys with track records of staying active and not changing teams join this.

My created team is a 1 star, and I'd like to see any other created teams equal to that, maybe with a twist of adding a few studs to teams just to make things interesting.

Please chime in if anyone has anything to say here... or if I completely missed the boat and there is already a league like this, I appologize. If that is the case, please restart your league and let me add my team! :)

And in closing I just wanted to say... :bunny:

2. Lobster Killah

I know that this late in the season something like this might not last, but with that being said, I'd like to harsh things out for next season if the interest would be there.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's a nice idea. The only issue is that is makes it hard to lose a member or bring in a new one, as you'll only have that original group, and won't be able to add or subtract any more teams. It's a lot of fun; it's just a pain dealing with any kind of turnover. My suggestion - find a small number of guys who like this concept as much as you do, and go with a smaller number of teams that are more likely to stick around, rather than trying to get and keep 12.

Good luck,

AG

Also, if you want to make sure you're not posting something you shouldn't, just send a PM to any of the site staff you see listed when you log in. I bet they can tell you what goes where, and they're usually pretty quick to respond.

4. Lobster Killah

I'm definitely open to a smaller group for something like this, I did one right after release with a buddy from home that was a lot of fun. But with the members on this site I think it'd be fun to have a handful instead of just 2 people. I'd roll with a league like this even if it were only 2 or 3 other guys.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.