New Life

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Nov 14, 2011.

1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Looking for suggestions here. I know things went sideways for a while, but I think we can get back on top if we all decide to do so together. I don't know if guys want to shake things up, or just recruit a bit, so I thought I thread to discuss it would be a good idea.

As for me - it looks like I'll be a bit more available until after new year's or so. Things get slow after the Nov. elections and stay that way until the first of the year or so, from what I'm told, so I'll have some time to goof off. Might as well spend it helping you guys get the fire stoked again.

Ideas, issues, etc. - whaddaya say we throw out a few ideas.

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I'd love to see a couple of new guys join the cause. I think a little fresh blood and added competitive spirit would do us wonders.

I'm also up for anything else that'll stoke the fire, as you stated.

How's everyone feeling about the sliders?

3. The Dude

Sliders have been treating me well lately. I'm still a matador in the secondary, but the rest plays well.

But here's a suggestion. It's a bit self serving and prompted by the team I inherited and the holes in the roster, but it got me thinking:

What if we allowed one commish directed position change per year. What I mean is, some guys change to positions that just don't really translate well on NCAA 12. For example, a power HB many times becomes a FB, SS becomes an OLB, MLB to DE ... sometimes QBs become WRs (the kid who caught the MSU hail mary against Wisconsin once started at QB, or look at Tannehill at A&M, who went from WR to QB).

What I mean is, what if we allowed a mulligan, so guys could change systems or fill needs in ways a real coach might. We could make the request public, and give the commish total power to make the change, and require that the player not gain anything in the OVR, or even lose if the position change in fairly uncommon. But I think someone should be able to make a third string MLB in the 70s into a second or first string FB without the rating dropping into the 40s, if you know what I mean.

Thoughts on the mulligan rule? One per year? Two on a coaching change? None? Awful idea?

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

Thats fine with me, it happens in real life all the time. Hell in real life Utah has the top ranked defense in the Pac 12 and they have 2 DB's and a LB that were QB's in high school and I'm sure it happens all the time at other schools to.

5. The Dude

Well, if I'm going to go and talk about new life and all, the least I can do is contribute. Look for a ND season preview in a few.

6. The Dude

Let's see if we can get back on schedule with the game summaries and such. It doesn't really take any time, and this place is much more much when there's smack to talk and whatnot.

Don't make me load up the douchebag card, fellas :)

7. egofailure

I finished my game late last night, so I planned on doing a quick summary today. I'll also post a team preview soon.

8. egofailure

What's the chance to you bringing back your recruit tracking/analysis thread? I loved when you would do a weekly update and breakdown some of the battles taking place for impact players.

9. The Dude

I might be able to do something ... just not sure for how long. But while I'm between gigs, I bet I could throw something together if I can find a way to do it low maintenance-ish.

• Like Like x 3