New Look Roster

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

New Look Roster

OK guys, here's what we look like:

Mountain West:

AG = TCU
    bdub = Utah
    Luchini = BYU

Big Ten:

Mullen = PSU
    Goose = OSU

SEC:

Bully = MissSt
    OM = LSU
    UT = Florida?

ACC:

Sample = FSU
    Tom = GTech
    Ego = Clemson

Easy plays as Notre Dame

That's 12. I'll send invites to the new guys tonight, and make the necessary changes. IN an effort to keep things moving, we will not be entertaining the idea of a restart at this time. Someone else will drop over it for sure. If anyone needs to make a change of some kind, let me know.

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

AG, I'm pretty sure UT's a Florida guy, so that'd work out perfectly.

If you'd prefer to have a third in the ACC with VT gone, I'd easily go with Clemson. I'm not sure what would make scheduling easier.

Otherwise, the Spartans it is ...

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I know Mullen is concerned about a bunch of user games, so if you'd like to move, it'll work out for him. I know Goose is pretty busy also.

Why don't we go ahead and make that change, just to be safe.

4. egofailure

Okay, especially if it helps Mull'! And, um, you're welcome for my work against Michigan. ;)

5. egofailure

Just an FYI: Some how, it looks as if North Carolina is going to end up having a sick recruiting class this year. In case someone's itchin' to be an underdog.

ANYWAY, looks like I get to play another game tonight. ;)

6. TD351

TD351 Walk On

That is tempting- I had UNC in my top 3- and I am in that division anyway with GaTech.....

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just because I have you down as GTech doesn't mean another squad is off limits. Still, I dig GTech. Do what you wish, my friend.

8. egofailure

If it helps any, I just stepped on UNC on their own turf. ;)

9. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Thanks ego- funny!- but I just joined as GaTech- Archie, I joined thru the web browser on my PC since I am away from PS3 until late tomorrow.

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I have the list updated. Welcome to the show.

11. egofailure

And you'll be tested right out of the gate. In week 8, you'll be facing my boys at Memorial Stadium. Start practicing NOW or it's goin' to get ugly. ;)

12. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

Sounds great, I'd also take Michigan if that helps out with scheduling... you tell me

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Take the team you think you'll have the most fun with. That's the important thing here.

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

After playing my first game with my new squad, I have to say ...

I'm really liking the newness.

As huge an OSU fan as I am, playing them for so long, I had a "system" in place playing them, and it's a system I've been using forever. I recruited a certain way, I played a certain way, I scheduled a certain way, etc. And I played a certain way (three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust).

Now I'm running a spread offense, a 4-2-5 defense, and I have only one pipeline state. Oh, and I'm a four star school, which means I have to be smarter in recruiting.

The challenge has been upped significantly, and it's like I'm playing the game for the first time again. I'm screwing up a lot, but it's fun. Once I figure out this playbook, I'm gonna be a tough out.

I'm still gonna pull a top ten class, though. Just watch.

15. egofailure

They could certainly use your help ... did you see what Michigan St. did to them? ;)

I think having a third in the SEC would be cool, too, though.

Decisions, decisions!

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just keep in mind that we shouldn't be choosing off of each other. As we have seen, membership is a fluid thing, so we should take "our" team, and let the league flow around us. I hate to say it, but making choices based on other players isn't a very safe call. We've lost plenty of guys I didn't figure to lose for quite some time. Sad, but inevitable, I'm afraid.

17. egofailure

AG, I couldn't agree more. You got to choose the team you're going to absolutely love playing with. I once chose a team simply on a vision ... and that team was Texas Tech. But, then, they were taken away from me in a flash! ;)

But now I have a new vision. I want to turn Clemson University into such a defensive force ... that members here have the itch to quit the league when they see that they've been scheduled to play in Death Valley. A mere field goal will feel like a game-winning TD in the Super Bowl! ;)

18. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Then I wonder what it will feel like when I hang 50? :eek:

19. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

Alright then ya'll be my Gator Bait then... I was giving you an out but now... well

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XItqiT-9-zI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XItqiT-9-zI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

i tried you tube video here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XItqiT-9-zI

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

21. egofailure

Oh, man! I didn't want to sway you, but now that you've decided, I have to say ... do you have ANY idea what a powerhouse Michigan program in this league would have done to AG? And since he handed the keys over to Goose, there would have been NOTHING he could have done to stop it! Maaaaan, that would have been fun to watch. ;)

22. egofailure

I think you're going to have more fun with TCU in this league. It sounds like carrying the burden of maintaining "the OSU way" became more like a job sometimes. This gig' with give you more flexibility.

Plus, with the Horned Frogs, you'll have zero user competition for recruits in Texas. They seem to have started okay, you lucky bastard. I'm perplexed at what Clemson's done so far. I'll have to salvage the best I can.

That 4-2-5 D', if used right (and rostered correctly), can be a lot of fun.

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

My class is going to be tough to build. I have only one pipeline state, and it's been picked over pretty good at this point. But developing pipelines is part of the fun.

I like the fact that the 4-2-5 puts the FS in the center of the field on every play. I like that a lot. I also like to keep a four man front in most of the time, so the 4-2-5 is much better than the 3-3-5 for what I like to do. I'll miss that third backer, though.

But, the 4-2-5 can be swapped out for the 4-4 on running downs, and it's a tough change to spot, so the teams I play will have some trouble figuring out what personnel is on the field. That's kinda cool. I'm going to have to find a way to work these two sets off of each other in tricksy ways.

I'm also liking this particular spread offense. Load options and option passes out of most of the shotgun sets. It shouldn't be a pass-only offense for me at all. Plus, I have a good freshman backup QB, so things are in decent hands for a while once Dalton goes. If I can avoid a serious drop-off in talent due to the huge senior class I'm graduating, I could be good for a while.

24. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

AG I have a few amazing Texas boys heading to the bayou. Ill be sure to keep up my raiding ways next year

25. bdub

bdub Walk On

How is it that TCU is ranked higher than the Utes when your 4-1 and I am 5-0?