New Madden!

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Subkontraktor, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Ok, so who's going to get it first? Or does anyone already have it?

I bought mine online, and it's being mailed to me. I paid extra to have it shipped quick... will I even get it tomorrow? Anyone ever done that?

Tell us your Madden stories... I know antcap24 has a tournament tonight to try to get the game free, Mr. Super Bowl winner. Dude is good. Keller are you getting it at midnight? I used to do it every year, but won't be this year.

2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Mine is in a UPS sort facility 2 hours away so hopefully it'll be here before I wake up tomorrow.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I've had the early release so I've been playing it for days, lol.

4. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I would normally be getting the game tonight. I always show up for the midnight release, BUT I got some very bad news today in regards to custom playbooks. I am so fed up with Madden that I am not even going to buy the game this year. I have gotten Madden every year since I was 16 years old (thats 10 years).

EA has a monopoly on this shit and this is what happens when there is no competition. I have lost all respect for the people who make Madden and I will not buy the game until they get off their lazy asses and make the game better in all areas.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I will be getting the game here shortly; if any of you guys want to play a game online, shoot me a message on live.

6. Subkontraktor

Just tracked mine. it was in Tulsa about 20 minutes ago, hopefully it's here at a decent hour tomorrow.

7. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

So this tournament I went to last night...

More players were accepted than orginally thought so they decided to have the tournament as 1- 6 min quarter game. 1 Timeout only to progress the games as fast as they could to get all the games in by midnight.

I lose the coin toss, and the rest was history. Sorry excuse for a "tournament".

So I decide to stay up all night playing , and I must say thsi game plays totally different than the past version. Ryan takes FOREVER to release the ball and I am taking more sacks than I have ever done. The receivers do not break out of their cuts the way they used to so timing routes are harder to complete. Zones on defense seem to work better and LBs seem to play the middle with better success.

Running the ball for me has been hit or miss. Either I have absolutely nothing and get stuffed or I break a run for the distance. I feel like I have a Barry Sanders stat line. -1, -2, 35, -1, -3, 45...

Catching the ball in traffic has been an issue for my players as I seem to drop way too many passes as I get hit.

These things are not complaints by any measure. I am glad they evened up the defense to catch up a little to the offense this year. I am sure in a week or so, we all will start finding routes/ Plays that we like, but when comparing things from last year, many of the plays I used do not pan out the same way.

I had a real fun game with Fuzzylogic last night which I hope starts a nice rivarly in the NFC South. He has a nice 1-2 punch with Williams and Stewart, and Beason is a beast when it comes to stuffing the run.

So all in all, I am pleased with the challenge of having to recreate in order to have success this year. I am glad it was not just a roster update on a new disc.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

when are the updated rosters coming out?

9. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

+1

10. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

eff, my finger slipped when i was d/ling the online pass file and i hit cancel d/l, is there anything i can do?

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

have you tried to re download it? also i like your original colts signature 110 times more.

12. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I fixed it, it was in the download history and I just re d/led it. Shoulda googled before I panicked, lol.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

can you post your original colts tmfl logo for us?

14. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Hmmm, trying to find the original one. The one in my sig was resized to fit with my other banner.

15. Subkontraktor

A fun first session... 2 games ... 2.5 total quarters. They still haven't fixed that part.

1st game... guy gets stopped on 4th down on first set of downs, I score, guy throws a pick on 4th and 15, I score, he quits.

2nd game... guy is Vicking it up scrambling... he gets up 14-0. I get a feel for how to play him, and it's 14-10 at half, but then his connection falters.

2-0, i guess...

16. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

I really like the feel of the game. I think slower def players that are solid players will be more valuble this year but time will tell. Now engaging a ball carrier allows you to get a huge hit in some cases because of the new collision system.

17. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Kinda annoyed that Julio Jones is " Julius Thomas" when they call his name

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hova

MEGATRON DUR DUR

stop saying that every F!cking game gus

19. Keller

They call like every Bills LB Kendall Hunter - lol.

20. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

thats funny they call a cb for the cowbous julio jones...

21. Hova

Whats the plan of action for kicking this thing off?

22. Subkontraktor

I'm betting it will be closer to the regular season opener, when a good roster update comes out.

23. Keller

Waiting to hear about a roster update - also still testing MyLeagueManager which i'll need to get everyone signed up on.

24. Hova

I signed up. sounds promising

25. Subkontraktor

Is it myleaguemangager.net .com by itself didn't work for me. and .com.au was the first result on Google, but it didn't look or sound right.