New man coverage sliders?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big D

Big D Walk On

New man coverage sliders?

I'm a defense first player...always will be. So the complete 180 this years game has taken over past years with man coverage was great. However, I think its overboard.

I played a TON of practice mode today, and I'll tell yah you can run about two different routes in this game against man coverage. My stud WR Moye never...and I mean not once, got open in any of my practice sessions against a basic cover 2 man.

I like that playing man defense is an option this year. However, playing any kind of zone defense isn't because of how tough man is.

I think we really really need to adjust our coverage slider a bit.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I'm confused, are you saying zone works too well? Or its terrible?

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm saying man defense is too tough. Leads to people using the same routes over and over and over

4. Emmdotfrisk

really? damn we changed them and I thought it was a good mix for coverages between man and zone. Have we had a problem with guys using the same routes?

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I have trouble getting my outside receivers open against man. If you ran man against me an entire game, my outside WR's would only catch drags and slants. My slot men and TE's can run a variety of routes and get open.

That's just something I've struggled with.

6. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I have been able to hit many different routes.

7. Emmdotfrisk

after reading what I typed it is a bit confusing. We adjusted them in SH, and brought them over to BFR after finding they were decently realistic. The sliders throughout the season were never changed. Sorry to confuse you CA haha

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm just confused as to why Derek Moye can never ever get open against a basic cover 2 man. I've ran it in practice literally over a hundred times yesterday. Thats not realistic IMO.

9. controllerabuser

Who are you practicing the game against? Are you watching to see if he gets off the line quick? While his speed and route running are above 90, his release is at 77. Who is covering him? Have you checked his ratings? Have you tried this route against other cornerbacks?

10. controllerabuser

I am all for people trying to run routes other than simple drag and crosses. I would like to see more people run outs, curls, comebacks.. ETC..

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

I tried every route imaginable....every one. I guess I just suck then. I'd just like to be able to use my outside receivers and make it more sim. . .but when there's zero chance of me completing any passes to them then either I can't do it, or I will but it will suck the fun out of the game for me.

I dunno, I've played EA football for a long long time and I've never had this much trouble throwing the football. It's an even bigger problem right now in Madden. You saw it CA. Guys are running WR drags and TE posts over and over and over and over because its the only thing thats working.

12. Emmdotfrisk

I haven't had any problems running routes to my 1 and 2 Split Ends. I guess just make sure you are present Week 14.........I'll be putting on a clinic at Happy Valley(y)

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

Run routes against man? We should set up a scrim, because I don't think that's possible. I'll gladly eat crow if you show me.

14. controllerabuser

YOU WENT 13-0!

15. Emmdotfrisk

I break out the hauppauge and I want the webcam set up while you "eat crow"

16. controllerabuser

I just played against Notre Dame and completed about 4-5 curls. Completed outs, ins, and corner routes.

17. Big D

Big D Walk On

I really want to see this against man coverage. Like I said I'm willing to eat my words, but I want somebody to scrim me and use no hot routes or audibles and complete these passes against basic man coverages.

I really REALLY hope I am just missing something and this is actually possible. . .but I'm almost convinced its not.

18. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I've had success throwing the football no matter what the D is, man or zone. Last season with James Rodgers on the outside I was able hit him multiple times on different routes. I've opened my game up to more outside routes and nothing feels better than dropping a pass in over your WRs shoulder so only he can get it, and making a big play out of it. Just takes time I guess, I lost Moye in SH for about 7 weeks which sucks, but Curtis Drake has been a great WR for me this season so far.

19. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

I'm gonna have to agree with Dunlap here, my outside wide recievers have been largely ineffective against man.

20. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I only completed 8 passes in my last game, with LaMichael James getting running almost every play since my starter was injured early on. I have no input so far lol

21. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Outs and comebacks (if my line gives me time) I can complete pretty well. The curl route is pretty much useless to me. And really, it should not be. It is a great route when run properly.

Mike

22. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    The curl route is about the hardest one for me to throw...but i can complete anything with the right timing..

23. Big D

Big D Walk On

I must be playin a different game than some people...or I'm setting up something wrong.

What I'm doing is setting my default offline profile settings to the same sliders as BFR then going to practice mode on All American.

I've also tried the 'practice' mode in the online dynasty.

I feel like I must be doing something wrong if everybody said its not an issue. *Sigh*

24. controllerabuser

I honestly don't know what your deal is. You went 13-0 last year and beat all of the users you faced. You haven't even played a game this year. Why is there such questioning of the sliders? You haven't played a game yet! You are complaining in Week 1!

25. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.