New Member (360): Jman

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Jman, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

New Member (360): Jman

Name:
    James (Jman and formerly Jman215 for some :p)

Gamertag (please state whether its PS or XBOX):
    360: MM Jman (I know, I know...)

Email:
    coach.miles1@gmail.com

AIM:
    coach.miles1@gmail.com

Time Zone:
    Central

General Availability:
    I coach football so... 7PM-12:00AM most weeknights (Not Fridays), Weekends are better Saturdays from 1PM onward and Sunday before 1PM (Prior to school starting I'll be much more available)
    Favorite NCAA Team: THE University of Oklahoma
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: My compadre Hellisan (the root to my dynasty reporting affliction for the last several years)

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? NCAA leagues? Where?
    Nope,, nada.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    Since 1986. Off and on sparsely for a year or so, I don't cheese though!

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I'm a traditionalist and I purist, meaning I'm no cheeser. I play with the mentality I coach, as an O-Line guy that means hard nosed. I've coached in the 'bone and took from it a between the tackles mentality. In the end though I'm an I(Pro) guy through and through, it just doesnt feel right to me without a TE and a FB on the field. I don't shy from throwing it up, but I'd rather run you over.

I'd rather have a great fun game and lose than take one in a blowout, its all about the thrill of competition...and the fun and comeradery that comes with it.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    It'll sound arrogant but coaching has made me wise beyond my years, age differences with me are minimal, but it doesn't matter to me anyway.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I have read them, I have no questions.

6. Have you checked out the different leagues? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? This will aid us in placing you.
    I've peeked in on IV quite a bit, I like the smaller school thing to start. Also love recruiting rules, realism, not a free-for-all recruiting orgy. Make no mistake though, I'll love playing anywhere and do it with enthusiasm.

I think Helli will vouch form me, as will Rhude and a couple others I hope. I', really interested in doing this, I know being new(er) to the online thing I'll get whooped for a while, but that's part of it.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I could place you on the waiting list for TT IV..(i am the commish for that)..but right now it is full.

There will likely be 1 or 2 no shows though...You would be second on the waiting list

3. Jman

I'd love to be on the list.

Question though, would that put me out of opportunities in the others?

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

no.

I'll let drifterbub handle any further questions

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Welcome dude!

I have never played JMan but he comes from the same "school" as me, Rhude, and Juggs in that he is first and foremost a dynasty guy and now is looking to have to beat actual people for his recruits. I told him he would have a great time whatever league he ends up with. I'm probably gonna limit myself to 1 dynasty this year JMan but I hope we can eventually be in the same league dude.

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Jman,

First off welcome to TF!

Secondly, to answer your question it will not effect your chances in other leagues. When the TT IV waiting list fills up, we will spill over into another league (TT V in this case).

So hang tight for now, bud. When we get more guys, we can start that process. If you have any friends you want to bring over to help speed things up, by all means, feel free.

~ Drifter

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Jman did some Forza 2 Racing with me and some of the gang. Welcome!!

8. Jman

lol, and jms remembers my three flip Mini Cooper incident on there, I was brutalized that run. Good to hear-from/see-ya jms!

9. Jman

Many thanks Drifter, this has really got me quite excited for the release now, before I was just ho-hum about it, but, I love the fact that the competition of this will kill the burnout factor for me. I really am excited and glad to be here.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ah yes.... The Crash!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXmD4h1K7Gg

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Due to your history with a lot of esteemed guys and the banner-worthy application you submitted, I'm going to bend the rules a bit and let you slide into the last spot in TT III.

HotRod will contact you soon.

12. Jman

Wow. I truly, truly appreciate you taking that leap of faith on me. I'm really at a loss. Truly awesome, many thanks Drifter, I won't disappoint.

I already love this place. :D

13. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Welcome JMan. Can't wait to get started.

14. Jman

Thanks Helli, I needed to relive that.

Too bad I quit playing Forza before you started, would've been a good time. Can't wait for 3.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I can't wait for Forza either man! It will pwn my life! I have no idea how I'm going to be in T1, the Madden league, and then still have time for Forza 3. I will probably suck at the football games. I never got good at NCAA until I finally put Forza 2 down about three months ago. :D

16. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

welcome aboard Jman.

oh ... and sorry about your Mini Cooper lol. can you imagine how awesome that crash would have been in Forza 3, now that cars can do spins and flips?

I still have a bunch of those old school races on my 360 hard drive. Gotta remember to capture them somebody and put them on YouTube.